Zen and the Art of Cable Improvement

Darn my luck! I have ordered a bunch of cables from ebay and alixpress and they are in transit already. Nevertheless, No harm in adding more to the kitty!

Posting after a long time here.

Apologies if I'm hijacking the thread, not my intention.

I don't do computer audio much now but Josh made me some Analog Balanced cables for my setup and its without exaggeration one of the best cables I've had in my setup.

He has put in many hours to get here but hes blown most manufacturers I've known who make silly expensive cables out of the park, I cannot recommend you guys auditioning his cables highly enough.

I've used his cables between my Pre to Source and Pre to Amp. I promise to try and write a full review of his cables soon.

Last edited:
Posting after a long time here.

Apologies if I'm hijacking the thread, not my intention.

I don't do computer audio much now but Josh made me some Analog Balanced cables for my setup and its without exaggeration one of the best cables I've had in my setup.

He has put in many hours to get here but hes blown most manufacturers I've known who make silly expensive cables out of the park, I cannot recommend you guys auditioning his cables highly enough.

I've used his cables between my Pre to Source and Pre to Amp. I promise to try and write a full review of his cables soon.
I was able to listen to the SE interconnects. As anticipated, it is an outstanding cable. While i liked all it's attributes, i think the area where it scores most is in tonality, a very organic sound, particularly when you hear horns, percussion, etc. they sound so real and natural. Also great resolution and good airiness around the instruments, resulting in added depth of sound stage. It beat my Audioquest Water costing $450 in all areas, as well as Belden 8402, various VDH ics, AudioArt IC3SE, and BJC LC1. To be fair, the BJC came pretty close but still got beaten.

I was able to listen to the SE interconnects. As anticipated, it is an outstanding cable. While i liked all it's attributes, i think the area where it scores most is in tonality, a very organic sound, particularly when you hear horns, percussion, etc. they sound so real and natural. Also great resolution and good airiness around the instruments, resulting in added depth of sound stage. It beat my Audioquest Water costing $450 in all areas, as well as Belden 8402, various VDH ics, AudioArt IC3SE, and BJC LC1. To be fair, the BJC came pretty close but still got beaten.
Josh's cables have proved to me one thing for sure, they can beat really high priced cables I'm talking 5k USD+.

I'm a believer that cables sound different and mostly never saw a free ticket in this hobby but believed it was possible, this guy has stuck gold with them, I use his cables with Oyaide Focus 1 connectors which are pricey but I find them much better than the neutrik, thats the only crazy thing I've done with his cables.

Next I'm going to experiment with his power cables speaker cables and grounding cables to my entreq, what he told me about the grounding part has really interested me.

So yes cables make a difference but one doesnt need to spend STUPID money to get there either. This forum is lucky have Josh deliver kickass value that is unheard of to me, this is no compromise cable will stand up to ANYTHING!

Coincidentally I heard his single ended interconnects with oyaide Genisis connectors
They already sounded very good with regular connectors but with these they sounded absolutely top notch.
As mentioned by @sbfx , yes they are extremely pricey and take performance to a different level but the regular connectors are also not so far behind

With his interconnects the level of refinement in the sound goes several notches above but at the same time sounds very musical

I use JLS’ USB cable. It is seriously like a system upgrade in my case. Tonal saturation increases and with improvement in detail and transparency.

Here is another amazing part - it seems to have enhanced attributes of a variety of different systems.

Awesome work to get there. Well done.

I have heard outstanding things about the interconnects too and plan to try them when possible.

I have been using JLS001's interconnects (preamp to amp) as part of a cable loom with acoustic revive line -1.0rs interconnect (Source to pre-amp) and spc reference ii triple c speaker cables for the past few days. This loom has displaced another cable loom that cost approx. 1.7 lac. Regardless of pricing, these cables are simply superb, have musicality in spades and at the same time manage sound neutral without sounding too warm. I dislike too much warmth as (imo - some highly regarded beldens sound like this) it masks detail at the same time cannot handle sparkly sound that can cause fatigue.
Cheers,
Sid

A simple question, ignore if it sounds silly. Whenever I play files through USB, I get super separation, narrowed center stage and good imaging, but where I get problems is that it has digital touch, even though I play songs which are analog recorded I get a slight digital touch which is not enjoyable at times. I feel good with cover songs or even with digital recording but not with analog (Ilayaraja songs for example) recorded songs. Are you guys also experiencing the same even with the expensive cables?

I have been using JLS001's interconnects (preamp to amp) as part of a cable loom with acoustic revive line -1.0rs interconnect (Source to pre-amp) and spc reference ii triple c speaker cables for the past few days. This loom has displaced another cable loom that cost approx. 1.7 lac. Regardless of pricing, these cables are simply superb, have musicality in spades and at the same time manage sound neutral without sounding too warm. I dislike too much warmth as (imo - some highly regarded beldens sound like this) it masks detail at the same time cannot handle sparkly sound that can cause fatigue.
Cheers,
Sid
I am also using Joshua's unbalanced interconnects now, its a superb cable and have more open and detailing sound than my existing belden 8402 ,
still in breakin period, it will surely improving after more usage, Highly recommended to try Joshua's IC cables for great musical experience,

Great job Joshua..

A simple question, ignore if it sounds silly. Whenever I play files through USB, I get super separation, narrowed center stage and good imaging, but where I get problems is that it has digital touch, even though I play songs which are analog recorded I get a slight digital touch which is not enjoyable at times. I feel good with cover songs or even with digital recording but not with analog (Ilayaraja songs for example) recorded songs. Are you guys also experiencing the same even with the expensive cables?

I have noticed differences between various USB transports , and also between SPDIF and USB.
I suggest to try the Allo Digione Signature/Digione/Hifiberry Digi+ for SPDIF transport if you plan to.

End of the day the quality of the source matters, Ilayaraja songs, there are very very few albums which are well recorded well.
I recently listened to Raghavendra Album from Oriental, the entire track sounds very imbalanced and the recording sounds more like mono.

Last month my one + year experiments with various type of wires, dielectrics and cables came to end after I finalized all my interconnects with rigorous measurements and listening tests.

I have completed all my testing both objective and subjective and bought my 3 meter of wires for the first round of implementation. I first replaced my Thorens TT wires from stock to this and could find tremendous transperancy, organic and holographic sound stage. I am planning to replace all my cables with my new researched geometry. I must have spent close to 10k+ rupees in the ordeal but I am not complaining. Yeah, I know the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Due to want of time, I may have to wait for another month or so to fully implement in my setup.

JLS, last night I got where I heard the sound that your USB cable mimics - your favourite seat at Prithvi!!

The sound is several rows up front, but yet you can “see” the wind section at the back (compared to JBT). The sound stage is flatter than deeper, and all sounds carry through with intimacy and clarity, but with lower spaciousness of say the Experimental.

In short, love it. That is “my sound” too.

Nobody in this thread has come across the issue? Wondering :)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back