Zenith Model 1000 TransOceanic Radio (1959)

Hi
I had the same copied JVC Nivico Transistor in 1968, it boasted of 11 transistors, good for SW listening

My first piece of electronics was this vintage Philips transistor radio from the 1960s. It was given to me by my father when I was in Standard-4. My brother and I tied a long wire aerial outside and still remember how we used to be surprised at receiving stations from all over the world. When we grew up we noticed that the radio had OC series germanium transistors. When the radio went bust and nobody could fix it (as spares were not available), it was ultimately dismantled and its components salvaged. Maybe if I had it today, I could have tried to fix it :(

Last edited:
Hi All,

Any idea about this particular model???

Zenith Model 1000 TransOceanic Radio (1959)

An acquaintance of mine has this Radio & wants to sell it. Anybody interested in it can PM me,

Thanks

I have one too but one of the transistors has blown. Since it uses Germanium transistors which are not available, I can't fix the damn thing. Any suggestions from the audiophile community ? Cheers

I also have one, but not in working condition. I am trying to repair. Any suggestions, please.

And also have one mono TUBE amplifier in BAR shape with two 6' FR speakers in left and right sides.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back