Owner/Expert view on Samy 51e8000

I have ordered it for 95k from samsung estore. The picture quality is very good. Can somesone tell me how to see the panel display time from service menu. I entered the service menu using info->menu->mute->power. But could not see the display used hours in any where.

Thanks

harits

With the TV in standby, press the {INFO} {MENU} {MUTE} {POWER} buttons on the remote.
* The TV will turn On with the Service Menu displayed.
* Press the {POWER} button to exit the Service Menu.
HTH

I have ordered it for 95k from samsung estore. The picture quality is very good. Can somesone tell me how to see the panel display time from service menu. I entered the service menu using info->menu->mute->power. But could not see the display used hours in any where.

Thanks

harits

For display use hours I will let you know in the evening as I have some pictures taken for the same.

Did you got free Tab offer as well ?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Thanks

harits

Not sure if this is what you are looking for.
To find out number of hours used, I press Mute + 737 + Enter.
A different screen will be displayed. Check the number against the MRT field,
which is nothing but the no. of hours used.

Thanks

harits

Hi Harits,

It is under SVC Info.
This option is the last options i.e. at the bottom most position.

The display will look like as per picture below.

Attachments

• Panel-Display-Info-E8000.jpg
    Panel-Display-Info-E8000.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 166
Thanks sammy and josh for the info.
I did not receive the tab. The offer is no longer available.
I wanted to order one more for my friend and found that no stock is available.
Seems, I got the last piece.

I have different question regarding samsung TVs. If any expert here, it will be very helpful.
There is no digital audio passthrough from HDMI to Optical in samsung TVs. However most of the sony TVs provide this feature. LG can be enabled with some hack. Is there any setting in service menu for samsung to enable it? This would be useful as my HT setup will become very simple.

Thanks again...

harits

Thanks sammy and josh for the info.
I did not receive the tab. The offer is no longer available.
I wanted to order one more for my friend and found that no stock is available.
Seems, I got the last piece.

I have different question regarding samsung TVs. If any expert here, it will be very helpful.
There is no digital audio passthrough from HDMI to Optical in samsung TVs. However most of the sony TVs provide this feature. LG can be enabled with some hack. Is there any setting in service menu for samsung to enable it? This would be useful as my HT setup will become very simple.

Thanks again...

harits

I have pictures taken of the TV screen in different SVC Menus. Hence if you want I can mail these pics to you.
You can PM me your mail ID

Hi
can anyone tell me who is the dealer for samsungs TV's in hyderabad
i am looking for samsung PS51E8000GR model i visited almost all showrooms.every one says that model this is not available and they also sugggest that company has stopped manufacturing this product....so choose other model...If that is the case why this model is shown in samsung website....
can anyone tell me where can i buy this model....

Hi
can anyone tell me who is the dealer for samsungs TV's in hyderabad
i am looking for samsung PS51E8000GR model i visited almost all showrooms.every one says that model this is not available and they also sugggest that company has stopped manufacturing this product....so choose other model...If that is the case why this model is shown in samsung website....
can anyone tell me where can i buy this model....
The information is correct. Samsung dropped the price and offered a Galaxy Tab 2 with the purchase to clear existing stock. The model is out of productions now. Those who got their's, really made a fantastic deal. Website may not be updated. If you are lucky, you may find some leftover somewhere.

kix.. though you might be right that they are no more stocking up the model wherever exhausted, still there are places where it is still available. I saw the same at Reliance Digital & Kohinoor @ Vashi.. they have fresh pieces in their stock as well, that is what they have told me. But yes now there is no freebie like the tab or anything, and the price being 95K. I think ezoneonline is also showing the same available at 95k. There is an HT on offer on 64E8000, whose price is being revised downward to 1.99 lacs & I think you can negotiate it to some extent.

Sorry to post this message in this thread, I know it is the wrong place.
I need help to post a new thread. I do not see any option. Can someone help me.

harits

There is a new software version 1020 released on 26th Feb. Anyone tried to upgrade it?. Any feedback?

harits

Last edited:
Yes I updated with 1020. No issue reported even after 10days of usage.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Hi Josh!
I got my Samsung 51E8000 today from Rahul Electronics in Mumbai for 85k with no other offers attached to the TV. Wanted to upgrade the firmware, but unable to upgrade via a Thumb Drive.
Also I wanted to know if you got Samsung Ultra thin wall mounts with this TV.
Thanks

updates are happening online through wifi... latest firmware is stable so far...
as josh had mentioned Panel Run Time in SVC menus gives running hours of the panel.
With reference to thin wall mounts, we were given normal stands , service ppl used normal wall mounters unlike extra thin/swivel kinda.
@josh u tried katamizer settings offlate ?

Hi Josh!
I got my Samsung 51E8000 today from Rahul Electronics in Mumbai for 85k with no other offers attached to the TV. Wanted to upgrade the firmware, but unable to upgrade via a Thumb Drive.
Also I wanted to know if you got Samsung Ultra thin wall mounts with this TV.
Thanks

Wow, nice pick. Is it still in stock. Have tried a lot but didn't get it anywhere.

What do you think, is it feasible to buy in Mumbai and transport to Hyderabad? Heard Plasmas are not too transport friendly. Anybody who has experience in transporting Plasmas please respond.

What do you think, is it feasible to buy in Mumbai and transport to Hyderabad? Heard Plasmas are not too transport friendly. Anybody who has experience in transporting Plasmas please respond.
Not a good idea. The transport cost alone will outweigh all benefits. Besides Mumbai prices are higher than at other places.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back