1 lakh rs stereo vs avr in bi-amp.

Can you suggest some model please.
O

Ther than this silver 200 was the only considerable model, but would it lack bass?

What kind of music you listen to, what is the source? If you are after heavy bass, then room will be biggest enemy as you will hear boom than bass.
Slim tower speakers will not give you desired bass extension so all in all, this is quite a challenge to begin with.

What kind of music you listen to, what is the source? If you are after heavy bass, then room will be biggest enemy as you will hear boom than bass.
Slim tower speakers will not give you desired bass extension so all in all, this is quite a challenge to begin with.
Yes it is, mostly i hear hiphop and electronic , sometime rock rearly jazz and hindi, punjabi.
Bass can be very important sometimes while listening hiphop.
Online streaming mostly.

Last edited:
I don't buy the idea of small speaker for small room and large speakers for large room. My idea is to build/buy the best possible speaker that matches the max space allocated by my wife (married guys can understand this scenario). Audition both and then decide. 90% of music won't go below 50hz. However I'm a basshead and I always prefer subs to take the responsibility for lows.

If you are interested in the monitor audio silver 200, please audition them before purchase. I heard them in a forum members room. And I have a similar taste in music like you. Those monitor audios have very potent bass. Potent enough to loosen ones tooth fillings :D

Iam sure you will be delighted with them sound wise, but I think we need more room to stop them from booming with all the massive bass they generate. In my opinion, maybe best to go for bookshelves and then add a sub for the lower frequencies. Since you will have flexibility with placement of a sub, you can at least put it in a place with minimum boom.

I don't buy the idea of small speaker for small room and large speakers for large room. My idea is to build/buy the best possible speaker that matches the max space allocated by my wife (married guys can understand this scenario). Audition both and then decide. 90% of music won't go below 50hz. However I'm a basshead and I always prefer subs to take the responsibility for lows.
Yes sub can produce enormous bass, me too like bass but don't know why i liked dynaudio without sub for music.

If you are interested in the monitor audio silver 200, please audition them before purchase. I heard them in a forum members room. And I have a similar taste in music like you. Those monitor audios have very potent bass. Potent enough to loosen ones tooth fillings :D

Iam sure you will be delighted with them sound wise, but I think we need more room to stop them from booming with all the massive bass they generate. In my opinion, maybe best to go for bookshelves and then add a sub for the lower frequencies. Since you will have flexibility with placement of a sub, you can at least put it in a place with minimum boom.
What room size was it? Then i should rather consider buying 200 not 300 if they are soo powerful.

As for bookshelf i am considering new kef r3, in it i am only loosing an extra bass driver but checked its spec looks big and deep also can go deep to 38hk at -6db.

I am using Monitor Audio Bronze 6 and have auditioned MA Silver 300, it is more refined .But we buy tower Speaker for better midrange and bass which Silver 300 has and is good for music. Bass does sound boomy but only in a small room or untreated room. Ideally if you are buying for music you should audition with stereo amps and not avr and viceversa . Subwoofer bass is for movies and not music , which is what I have felt. A system which is good for music may not be good for movies and vice versa. Monitors are detailed but Tannoy are detailed and bright.

Yes sub can produce enormous bass, me too like bass but don't know why i liked dynaudio without sub for music.

Yeah getting a sub to integrate well is always a problem. But I believe you were using it through the marantz if iam right. That should really have taken care of the integration. Iam actually surprised that there was a problem. What crossover frequency were you using. And what is the frequency response limit of your speakers.

As regarding the monitor audio speakers i heard. It was a 15x15 ft room with room treatment. And the bass was awesome. They will really suit your listening tastes :D

I am using Monitor Audio Bronze 6 and have auditioned MA Silver 300, it is more refined .But we buy tower Speaker for better midrange and bass which Silver 300 has and is good for music. Bass does sound boomy but only in a small room or untreated room. Ideally if you are buying for music you should audition with stereo amps and not avr and viceversa . Subwoofer bass is for movies and not music , which is what I have felt. A system which is good for music may not be good for movies and vice versa. Monitors are detailed but Tannoy are detailed and bright.
I heard tannoy only once and absolutely loved it.
Yes it could be bright for some ears but i liked it, would have preferred it over b&w 603 if its available, specially the midrange was unheard before.

Yeah getting a sub to integrate well is always a problem. But I believe you were using it through the marantz if iam right. That should really have taken care of the integration. Iam actually surprised that there was a problem. What crossover frequency were you using. And what is the frequency response limit of your speakers.

As regarding the monitor audio speakers i heard. It was a 15x15 ft room with room treatment. And the bass was awesome. They will really suit your listening tastes :D
Yes sub was eq by amp,
Sub turned on, speaker sound more open with bigger sound stage.
But still bass comming from dynaudio pleased me more.

What if we use them with spong on provided does it help control boom bass in small room, because i am really interested to go for 603, only thing is placement.

As for bookshelf i am considering new kef r3, in it i am only loosing an extra bass driver but checked its spec looks big and deep also can go deep to 38hk at -6db.

38hz @ -6db....hmmm. Interesting.
Just FYI. -3db means half the volume. -6db means 1/4. Looks like pure marketing gimmick.

What if we use them with spong on provided does it help control boom bass in small room,
Yes, it does.
That said, I would suggest large bookshelves over floorstanders in a restricted space.
Bookshelves will have all drivers and ports above the bed level whereas floorstanders might have the lower ones firing into the bed.

I have used Energy Veritas 2.2i (H 18”, D 13”, W 8-3/4”) rated at 40 Hz (+/- 3dB).
I needed to use foam bungs to enable placement close to rear wall in a 17' x 13' livng room.

Ok.. would putting sponge provided cure boom bass and closer to wall application possible?
To some extent. But won't help much to reduce the speed of low frequencies. The density and the thickness required to absorb low frequencies cannot be managed by those tiny foam pieces. Closer to wall will always disrupt imaging. Speakers need some breathing space.

Could you please elaborate. Not quite sure what you mean

Sure I can.

The SPL vs frequency response is measured at 0db reference line. If the SPL drops 6db (means 1/4 of the volume level) at 38hz, then it means it was at 0db line (roll-off) prior to 60-80 hz (I'm just guessing. Need to measure to get actual response to comment on this). In my recent past I've seen some manufacturer was claiming that their speaker will produce 23hz at -10 to -12 db or maybe lower (don't remember correctly now).

I believe these unrealistic figures are provided to fool customers.

Last edited:
Lots of speakers come with bungs to plug their ports. So can't be a bad idea on paper. But when I tried bunging my ports to achieve close wall placement. I found it killed the lower mid range, extending into the bass, and also the sense of openness and air. But it might be my isolated issue, as loads of speaker come with different bung sizes to achieve optimal placement.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back