1 Rythmik FV15HP or 2 SVS PB2000

Yes it is mostly Ed who replies . He advised following:
Set the center, side surround and rear surrounds to Small with an 80 Hz crossover.

Set the fronts and subwoofer mode to any of the following three and see which you like best:

- Large, LFE+Main, crossover 60 Hz
- Small, LFE, 60 Hz
- Small, LFE, 40 Hz

In all cases LPF/LFE should be set to 120 Hz.

The area that i need to play around now is Trim levels (test tones) in AVR.
I’d say most of the receivers mark these things wrong. Read in the AVS the large typically mean “No subwoofer assistance” small means “Low frequencies will be dealt with a subwoofer”. You need to concentrate more on the crossovers. Best to set it at 80 but using LFE input on the sub can make it extend more range, though some people do say it attracts some noise.
I’d use trim as negative 4/5 Small 80 for all speakers. If you feel your speakers are struggling go to small 120Hz.
As far as 1vs 2 go, depends on listening position. Typically 2-3 seats can be covered with 1 sub, if there are multiple rows or listening positions are very far off to each other a second sub is recommended to nullify the lows. As far as the SPL goes it does increase but i wouldn’t buy a second sub for that reason, I’d rather buy a bigger sub.
Depending on your location I’d recommend you checking out different subs. Since you already have a pb2000 that’s one less. Have you heard the Rythmiks? I’ve purchased a pair of FVX12s for a room similar to your size but I have 2 rows of recliner seating. The forward most ear position to the rear most ear position spans an area of 150 sq ft (front row recliners in upright position to rear seat in recliner position). Maintaining an even bass with 2 will be difficult, but well. Subwoofer crawl individually and marking spots followed by phase alignment and PEQing them is the key. It sound tough but isn’t. Time consuming and frustrating definitely.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back