100% Noob needs 200% help

Update: 100% Noob needs 200% help

Hi All,

As suggested my forum members, I picked up the following today:

1) VG Crystal Plus - 3A
2) Belkin Gold Series 8 port power strip

Both have surge/spike protection so I expect to be safe from voltage fluctuations.

Thx,
~s~

Semi Final Update: 100% Noob needs 200% help

Dear All,

The P50V20D was installed today. I chose to hang it on the AV console. Also got the Tata Sky+ HD installed. Did not get time to watch any HD content yet. SD looks ok-ok. I just logged into the Tata Sky web site and used the "Record" option to tell my DVR to record a few HD shows from NatGeo.

Ashish and team would be on-site tomorrow to hook up the AVR, speakers and the works. It's gonna be an exciting day. Can't wait to watch the India - SL final in HD on Saturday. The icing on the cake would be INDIA winning!!

Thx to all who helped me set up my mini HT :) Will post pix soon.
~s~

Last edited:
IMO the Audyssey MultiEQ on Denon is a feature that is for a lot of us more useful. With Audyssey MultiEQ the surround sound listening experience gets greatly enhanced when the system is setup in a typical room w/o acoustic treatment.
-- no1lives4ever

Does Onkyo have a similar feature? Do we need the mic for auto calibration??

Does Onkyo have a similar feature? Do we need the mic for auto calibration??

Denon: Yes, It comes with a mic that's used for calibration. Its a simple 3 step process. The difference between before and after was stunning.

Update: Still waiting for the Harmony 1100 to arrive. Package tracker shows that its already in Delhi and out for delivery.

Thx,
~s~

Denon: Yes, It comes with a mic that's used for calibration. Its a simple 3 step process. The difference between before and after was stunning.

Update: Still waiting for the Harmony 1100 to arrive. Package tracker shows that its already in Delhi and out for delivery.

Thx,
~s~

So for Onkyo I would need to buy the mic separately? I know this might sound like a dumb question but are there any Denon equivalents for Onkyo 3400 price and quality (combined) wise?:confused:

Dear All,

Apologies for not posting the final update with pics. Everything was hooked up & configured last week. Ashish from Lakozy came down (and I thank him for the 4-5 hrs he spent carefully checking all components and doing the Aud EQ setup). I have not been able to stay away from the room. took my folks there for the final match and they were just stunned.

The Harmony 1100 just arrived. Its awesome. What a looker. I checked it and now its boxed. Total cost was 17K all inclusive. Thanks for all those who suggested trying Amazon Export Services.

Sadly I have to go away to Cairo today :-( Would post the pics when I get back.

Thx,
~s~

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back