100v Nakamichi BX2 deck use with 220v Indian voltage

You are welcome .....

The manual voltage stabilizer that I am talking about is a generic item.

All manual stabilizers are same. They all have the same controls, viz.,
(1) A meter,
(2) A 8 position rotary switch,
(3) One indicator lamp,
(4) Boost-Buck toggle switch.

These are on the front. On the back it has the mains cable entry point, and
the mains outlet (3 pin socket), and the fuse.

These items are churned out of the cottage industry, from NewDelhi's Lajjpatrai Market, at very competetive
prices and supplied all over the country., B'coz of which it was never appealing to the big business
houses/corporates to get involved. As a result there is no specific brand image here.

One can buy these from the local electronics market, or get help from the local winders (fan, motor etc)

Hope this helps.
From the description these seem to be tapped auto transformers. Nothing more. Any local winder can do this. Get a Variac, get smoother control.

From the description these seem to be tapped auto transformers. Nothing more. Any local winder can do this. Get a Variac, get smoother control.

Exactly. You have got it right. But the word stabilizer is easily understood by almost everybody compared to "auto transformer" which will be almost gibberish to the average denizen.

I have installed new 220v transformer in deck it is giving 40v output instead of 33.4 v output of 100v transformer deck is working fine also changed idler tire and pinch roller as they were slippery stopping the play back and rolling out tape then checked belts of deck they are slightly loose should I order new belts? from which site is recommended?

Hi guys. Mithun here. I read this and thought i would add my two cents. I run my Victor KD85 through an auto transformer. I can select exactly the voltage that is needed to drive the machine. This may be a little too late but might help someone.

Hi fellow enthusiasts. I am Mithun. Looking at the difficulties faced in sourcing 100v transformers. I thought i would add my 2 cents if it helps people here. The way i am running my setup is by using a small auto transformer along with a small Digital VM. I can set the voltage to exactly 100v as needed by the machine. The autotransformer can be hidden away where it cannot be touched or messed with. This has helped me.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back