1st review of Onkyo -607 AVR

So finally websites have started reviewing new AVR line.
So 1st is Onkyo TX-SR607-

Onkyo TX-SR607 Full Review, Accessory Reviews on CNET UK

missing thing- 7.1 ana input.:sad:

What Can I say ???? Had the 601 B for 4 years , then the Digital processing card went bad , Onkyo couldnt repair it , had to buy the new 607 ( all bcos I had the Onkyo IPOD Dock) , its ok for movies , but not good got 2 Ch music though the music direct setting does a reasonably good job.

Well over all lack the bite and punch , loved the old 601 , now I am stuck with the 607.

Sadly onkyo does not make components like they once did and every model has the latest and greatest features but the sound quality goes down a couple of steps. The quality and power of their amps has been coming down, the latest xx7 AVR series is a clear indication that the power supplies have been reduced by more than 35%. I doubt if they could achieve so much efficiency in a single model jump. Onkyo is now in the features race and has lost out on sound quality in all except the higher product lines i:e 70x, 80x and 90x models.

I wish they could build receivers like the TX-DS939 or the TX-DS 787 anymore at reasonable prices.

What Can I say ???? Had the 601 B for 4 years , then the Digital processing card went bad , Onkyo couldnt repair it , had to buy the new 607 ( all bcos I had the Onkyo IPOD Dock) , its ok for movies , but not good got 2 Ch music though the music direct setting does a reasonably good job.

Well over all lack the bite and punch , loved the old 601 , now I am stuck with the 607.

Yes I experienced similar prob with 3 yr old 330.Centre was giving prob & Onk said if servicing is not solving the prob,they have to change peamp brd for 7k.which is very high.Prob get solved temporary though.

Sadly onkyo does not make components like they once did and every model has the latest and greatest features but the sound quality goes down a couple of steps. The quality and power of their amps has been coming down, the latest xx7 AVR series is a clear indication that the power supplies have been reduced by more than 35%. I doubt if they could achieve so much efficiency in a single model jump. Onkyo is now in the features race and has lost out on sound quality in all except the higher product lines i:e 70x, 80x and 90x models.

I wish they could build receivers like the TX-DS939 or the TX-DS 787 anymore at reasonable prices.

Sir,
Your observations are all correct. The latest are cheap quality Amps. SQ is worst in the new models equally their power ratings as the actual ratings are nowhere to their specified ratings. The amps are getting heated up beyond imagination and a bread can be roasted on them .The time as come to abandon these receivers in total.
regards

mgdelhi,

Onkyo TX-SR607 is selling for AED 1795 / INR 21540 in Dubai. If you have any friends in Dubai, ask them to buy it and carry it for you.

-thekinge

Getting Onkyo TX-SR308 for 23.5k through 20north. Is it worth the price and will it be safe to get through them?

mgdelhi,

Onkyo TX-SR607 is selling for AED 1795 / INR 21540 in Dubai. If you have any friends in Dubai, ask them to buy it and carry it for you.

-thekinge

Would have loved to get SR607 at that price but no friends/relative in Dubai. :(

I feel now I have to find new friends on Orkut/Facebook Indians living in Dubai. :clapping:

You can get Onkyo TX-SR308 via ebay global easy buy @16k. I am not sure how they are taking VAT and other custom charges. Via borderlink you can get it around 16k , if you buy the item from Newegg/amazon on 199$ (some deals is going on). I just wonder the usuabily as this set is for 120V-60HZ.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back