2.0 Ton AC for my living room

din

Hi,

Looking at the number of brands, collection etc I'm really confused as to what AC to buy for my living room.

Basically I'm looking for a good quality 2.0 Ton AC that hopefully lasts long with less or NO maintenance. My living room is 20*10ft which also connects to open dining room that is 12*10ft. Its nice (but not mandatory) to have a nice and slim design rather than a huge one but my main goal is to have a good quality and efficient machine.

I hope i could borrow your brains here

Thanks in Advance for your help
Dinesh

O GENERAL

DAIKIN

LLYOD

Most brands use Steel and Aluminum parts....these brands focus on Copper.

O GENERAL

DAIKIN

LLYOD

Most brands use Steel and Aluminum parts....these brands focus on Copper.
From my personal experience, refrain from ogenerals. Had very bad experience with 2 o general acs. Whirlpool, Daikin have been good.
Most brands have aluminum as well as pure copper models, you just have to select the right model.

O Generals ....you need to check them....lot of imitations available.....parts are replaced before it is sold..thats a fact!

O Generals ....you need to check them....lot of imitations available.....parts are replaced before it is sold..thats a fact!
Well mine were bought from good reputed store. If that's where I couldn't get original I don't know where I could get original. Also that's another reason to stay away from the brand. It's hard to check and know if it is original or not unless you know what you are looking for exactly.
Also I'll add Mitsubishi as a good reliable brand to the list.

Also factor after sales service and warranty.....Lloyd seems to be value for money...copper coils i have a split AC at my bedroom at my inlaws home....4 years passed...no issue till date....

Having Daikin 2ton in my living room for the past 3yrs and one in my bedroom for last 6 yes with no issue.

Looks like Daikin and Lloyd are the fav ones here. Do you have a specific model to recommend as well or anything with Daikin and Lloyd are good?

Also how about Carrier? Does anyone have any experience with it? Interested to hear your thoughts on that as well.

You cannot compare Daikin with Lloyd's. Daikin is much better and more expensive. You have no of model in ac's with inverter models being the latest. Based on your budget and usage you could decide. Better to visit a showroom where all brands are sold.

Using Daikin 5 star inverter & no issues. Its defiantly costly but I would say better to spend money on the things which we don't change frequently. Just keep in mind the with this brand you will need to spend extra money (around 10-15%) for installations as nothing comes free. But will be 1 time.

One more vote for DAIKIN. They are the quietest, and have been working for me with no maintenance. They do need to be cleaned to avoid bad smells.

The other brand that worked great from me is Hitachi.

Regards,
Sharad Medhavi

Thanks guys. Looks like Daikin is the way to go :) I obviously prefer a one time good investment that has an inbuilt inverter, looks slim, runs quiet and has less or no maintenance. I will fish around for the exact model number. In the meanwhile if someone knows an exact model that fits my requirement then please shoot!

Cheers!

Are you saying tonnage doesnt matter for an inbuilt inverter AC's? (Sorry if thts a dumb question)

And do you think 1.8 ton will be good enough in my case i.e. in a living room which is 20*10ft and also connects to open dining room that is 12*10ft?

Are you saying tonnage doesnt matter for an inbuilt inverter AC's? (Sorry if thts a dumb question)

And do you think 1.8 ton will be good enough in my case i.e. in a living room which is 20*10ft and also connects to open dining room that is 12*10ft?
Inverter ac don't have an actual inverter inside them. They need continuous electricity. (just in case you didn't know)
I for one don't think 1.8 will be enough. 2.5ton would be required Atleast. So hunt for 2.5 ton ac if available.
Do you have a division like curtains sort in between dining and living area?

An 'inverter AC' uses variable speed motor rather than a fixed speed motor. Thus uses less power and more efficent in cooling. It starts at maximum load and slowly motor slows down as the room temperature falls. In contrast non-inverter AC will start and stop in between when room temp attains the desired temp.
In your case if a temporary separator like a curtain can be placed then 1.5 ton can be good enough.
Otherwise it is always advisable to go for a higher capacity AC i.e 2 ton.

Ok. I didn't knew these details. Thanks for bearing with me.

And no there are no curtains in b/w. The living room extends itself to the dining area. Nothing in between. So based on what you sais, JTKM60 is then not good enough as its only 1.8 Ton

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back