2.1 HT Speaker suggestions for Denon AVRx 1400H

spycatcher

Hi Everyone,

Need suggestions from FMs on below:

Bookshelf Speakers (Movies) & TV): I have very limited space so I can only go for bookshelf (max height 20 cm). Also they will be very close to each other (barely a meter apart). Max budget -20-25K. I was thinking on these > Qacoustics 2010i or 3010, Polk Audio RTI, Monitor Audio Radius R90.... Please suggest more. In the near future will expand this to a full HTS 5.1.

Subwoofer: Budget Upto Rs. 15000 to match with above. As smallest size as possible.

Line Conditioner: Based in Gurgaon with frequent power interruptions though back up switches on. What's best to safe guard equipment? High end power strip?

Usage: Watching DVDs and TV - 80% - Music 20%
Room Size: 14X12 - Can't do much with furniture and windows on walls hence going for 2.1 setup initially.

Thanks for reading and your responses much appreciated.

Ravi

If you can share some pictures of your room, people can suggest better.

Few of my suggestions

1. Speakers- any of those should be fine, also look at wall-mountable bookshelves like polk signature S15.

2. better to wait till budget increased to around 30K. Else at this budget you can look at BIC V80

3. Pure sine wave UPS should be Ok for your power situation.

Hi Everyone,

Need suggestions from FMs on below:

Bookshelf Speakers (Movies) & TV): I have very limited space so I can only go for bookshelf (max height 20 cm). Also they will be very close to each other (barely a meter apart). Max budget -20-25K. I was thinking on these > Qacoustics 2010i or 3010, Polk Audio RTI, Monitor Audio Radius R90.... Please suggest more. In the near future will expand this to a full HTS 5.1.

Subwoofer: Budget Upto Rs. 15000 to match with above. As smallest size as possible.

Line Conditioner: Based in Gurgaon with frequent power interruptions though back up switches on. What's best to safe guard equipment? High end power strip?

Usage: Watching DVDs and TV - 80% - Music 20%
Room Size: 14X12 - Can't do much with furniture and windows on walls hence going for 2.1 setup initially.

Thanks for reading and your responses much appreciated.

Ravi

Are you sure the models mentioned by you is matching your max 20cm Height requirement?.
I don't think so.. IMO

Qacoustics 2010i or 3010, Polk Audio RTI, Monitor Audio Radius R90

Are you sure the models mentioned by you is matching your max 20cm Height requirement?.
I don't think so.. IMO

Qacoustics 2010i or 3010, Polk Audio RTI, Monitor Audio Radius R90

you are right. They are about 1-2 cm over. I might have to adjust the height of my shelf to accomodate them. However, if I can find something w/o compromising sound then I will go for <20 cm... Haven't come across anything..

I can push my budget upto 30K as long as I don't have to go for a subwoofer. (Willing to do height adjustment of my shelf if I get the right speakers)

Last edited:
Monitor Audio Radius R90.... Please suggest more. In the near future will expand this to a full HTS 5.1.

Monitor Audio Radius 45.. Looks small & compact.. Only 10cm height..

May be for slightly more, a 10 inch should do good..But not sure if you have space limitation.. Consider Taga TSW series..

Back