2.1 using all actives

Rud31

Hi
I was wondering if it was possible to put together a 2.1 setup using just the active bookshelf speakers and active subwoofer? Source/DAC would feed the subwoofer and either a RCA or High level out would signal the satellites. I have come across speakers such as Alesis Elevate 3 MkII which have output for subwoofer and active subwoofers such as Thonet and Vander SW10 and Samson MediaOne 10S which have said signal output ports. So would such a setup work and will it sound good, i.e. cover the audible frequency range and have a flat response?

Thanks for bringing it to my notice but it's beyond my budget range and moreover I want to know if the idea have is feasible or not.

Hi
I was wondering if it was possible to put together a 2.1 setup using just the active bookshelf speakers and active subwoofer? Source/DAC would feed the subwoofer and either a RCA or High level out would signal the satellites. I have come across speakers such as Alesis Elevate 3 MkII which have output for subwoofer and active subwoofers such as Thonet and Vander SW10 and Samson MediaOne 10S which have said signal output ports. So would such a setup work and will it sound good, i.e. cover the audible frequency range and have a flat response?
Yes absolutely. The critical component would be the sub. The sub needs to have line level input and output along with an effective crossover setting. Feed the sub from your dac. Then feed the speakers from your sub. Set the crossover on the sub to the setting you like most.

MaSh

I have similar setup. Swans M200MKIII+ and SVS SB1000. Both are active. You can do it in two ways. Buy a Y cable, connect one end to active speakers and another end to active SW. Or if your sub has line out, source to SW and SW to speakers.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back