2 Channel Amplifier for Dali Opticon 6

DG.

Hi,

Am looking for a right amp to upgrade from current Cambridge Audio 651 A, for Dali Opticon 6. Looking for neither a warm or bright but a balanced enjoyable music delivery. Majorly into Blues/ Blues Rock/ Jazz ( mainly 70’s/80’s ) music where some of the recording of Allman Brothers or Jimi Hendrix or even LED Zeppelin is not of a good quality. Do we have 2 channel amps with EQ built in to correct the sound.

My existing set up is

Two channel—- Dali Opticon 6, Benchmark USB 1 Dac, Marantz 5005 CD player, Yamaha Music Cast, Cambridge Audio 651 A integrated Amp (to be upgraded), VDH Clearwater speaker cables/ interconnects.
HT—— Onkyo AVR. Sony Blu-ray player, Audio quest speaker cables.
Room Correction—- DIY panels.
LCD TV—- Philips.

Hi,

Am looking for a right amp to upgrade from current Cambridge Audio 651 A, for Dali Optican 6. Looking for neither a warm or bright but a balanced enjoyable music delivery. Majorly into Blues/ Blues Rock/ Jazz ( mainly 70’s/80’s ) music where some of the recording of Allman Brothers or Jimi Hendrix or even LED Zeppelin is not of a good quality. Do we have 2 channel amps with EQ built in to correct the sound.

My existing set up is

Two channel—- Dali Optican 6, Benchmark USB 1 Dac, Marantz 5005 CD player, Yamaha Music Cast, Cambridge Audio 651 A integrated Amp (to be upgraded), VDH Clearwater speaker cables/ interconnects.
LCD TV—- Philips.
Hi sir, r you interested in semi vintage pre & power, I have sansui pre power combination, my location Bangalore,,

If you are okay adding a pre and power, it’s worth checking out the IndiqAudio Platinum Saptak PA. It an excellent 2 channel PA. You may want to add a simple streamer and you will have a good set up.

Regards,
Som

If you are okay adding a pre and power, it’s worth checking out the IndiqAudio Platinum Saptak PA. It an excellent 2 channel PA. You may want to add a simple streamer and you will have a good set up.

Regards,
Som
Thanks for your suggestion Som. I am in touch with Amit from IndiqAudio n had a demo of Saptak PA at my place in NCR. Though It’s a good amp but I am looking at more refined product to perform across frequencies as I found SPA little heavy on the Bass. But I respect this brand being ‘Made in India’ and it’s smaller version Saptak integrated is still on my list.
Any views on Rouge Audio Sphinx V3, Linn Majik DSM, Marantz 8006 or Nad C388 to pair with Opticon 6.

Regards,
Deepak.

Thanks for your suggestion Som. I am in touch with Amit from IndiqAudio n had a demo of Saptak PA at my place in NCR. Though It’s a good amp but I am looking at more refined product to perform across frequencies as I found SPA little heavy on the Bass. But I respect this brand being ‘Made in India’ and it’s smaller version Saptak integrated is still on my list.
Any views on Rouge Audio Sphinx V3, Linn Majik DSM, Marantz 8006 or Nad C388 to pair with Opticon 6.

Regards,
Deepak.
Based on availability in India : try Yamaha RN803 , Yamaha AS series 700,800 ,1100,1200, Denon 1600NE ,2500NE

Regards,
Deepak.
Yes, really glad an Indian brand competing with established brands. Just curious, when did you audition the Amp? Since I picked up their Achal and Saptak last month after almost 1 year (minus 3 months of lockdown) of research and found they both complement each other and suit my listening taste very well.
1st I picked up the speakers and later it was the amp. When I had been there a week after speakers arrived to finalize on the amp they had this newly arrived 4Ch which happened to be delivered to him a day before my visit and I had a chance to listen to both their 2 and 4 and felt the 4ch was much better sounding than the 2 and that’s when Amit said the 2ch he had was the older variant and the newer ones had the same upgrade they had made on the 4ch and I had to wait for 2 to 3 weeks if I wanted a 2ch. But then I did not have the patience to wait.
Honestly, I have not paired the Saptak with any other towers but I did hook up my Elac BS and the overall sound signature was better than all those years I have been using it with Denon. I could hear certain instruments that I had not heard before on the same track. My next-door neighbor got the QAcoustics 3050i delivered last weekend and we are planning on pairing it with the Saptak sometime this week to see how it sounds. I have also tried a small tube pre with my PA and it was great performing there too.
FM @fLUX has got his PA recently and has paired it with the mighty Focal’s.;)
Maybe you want to utilize their 15day trial period and assess the new PA design. I think Its good to have more feedback on the same product which may help some prospective buyers to decide.

The Smaller Version of the PA is in my list too if I don’t plan on selling my Elac’s I would like to just use it as my bedroom system with a simple RPI streamerIt has got those small pre-sets which is nice. Especially the LF and HF gain.

Regards,
Som

... it’s smaller version Saptak integrated is still on my list
The Smaller Version of the PA is in my list too ...
As per my conversation with Amit a few weeks ago, he mentioned the form factor of the IPA (Gold Saptak) has been changed and it now comes in the same dimensions as its bigger sibling. Website is yet to reflect this change.

Thanks everyone for your valuable reply.

Tried Yamaha 803 but have not auditioned other models post my experience with that amp.

Tried Arcam In 2013 but post that have not tired it. Don’t know about there A30 how good it is.

And as for Amit from Audiqs, I auditioned SPA some 6 moths back. Am sure there will be lot of improvements since then. Will see how during these time I can have another look at SPA to see the improvements...

Buy any idea on the amps asked by me in the above post...

Regards,
Deepak.

Am looking for a right amp to upgrade from current Cambridge Audio 651 A, for Dali Opticon 6.
try Marantz PM8006 or Denon PMA1600. Dali's are good with these two. I used Dali Z3 with Denon PMA 2500NE then upgraded to Linton.

try Marantz PM8006 or Denon PMA1600. Dali's are good with these two. I used Dali Z3 with Denon PMA 2500NE then upgraded to Linton.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Marantz n Denon. Have had an audition of 8005 with Dali Opticon once, as 8006 was not available and that’s where I was stuck. Now you confirming about 8006 with Dali gives me lot of satisfaction about the quality/compatibility and over all performance. Will check this out.

Have had an audition of 8005
If you have already listened with 8005, I don't think there will be any significant difference with 8006 unless that 8005 amp is faulty. Go to near by Denon dealer and try auditioning with PMA1600 and see if you like it.

If you have already listened with 8005, I don't think there will be any significant difference with 8006 unless that 8005 amp is faulty. Go to near by Denon dealer and try auditioning with PMA1600 and see if you like it.
Sure... will listen to Denon to decide. Thanks.

Hi,
I have a PM 8005, age: 1.5yrs, location: Noida. If interested please PM.
Regards
Manish

Hi,

Am looking for a right amp to upgrade from current Cambridge Audio 651 A, for Dali Opticon 6. Looking for neither a warm or bright but a balanced enjoyable music delivery. Majorly into Blues/ Blues Rock/ Jazz ( mainly 70’s/80’s ) music where some of the recording of Allman Brothers or Jimi Hendrix or even LED Zeppelin is not of a good quality. Do we have 2 channel amps with EQ built in to correct the sound.

My existing set up is

Two channel—- Dali Opticon 6, Benchmark USB 1 Dac, Marantz 5005 CD player, Yamaha Music Cast, Cambridge Audio 651 A integrated Amp (to be upgraded), VDH Clearwater speaker cables/ interconnects.
LCD TV—- Philips.
Audiolab 6000A is available
It sounds gr8 when paired with Dali Oberon.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Marantz n Denon. Have had an audition of 8005 with Dali Opticon once, as 8006 was not available and that’s where I was stuck. Now you confirming about 8006 with Dali gives me lot of satisfaction about the quality/compatibility and over all performance. Will check this out.
Hi
How was your experience with Dali Opticon 6 and Marantz PM8005? I have the PM8006 which is very similar to PM8005, and was considering Opticon as my speakers. I saw that your and mine musical choices overlap 100%. Your opinion may be very useful to me.
TIA.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back