2 speakers of same dimensions, how one is just OK & other is excellent?

Hello all,
I have a 47" LG LED TV in my home. Model 47LB5610, Make yaar 2014.

In this TV there are 2 speakers 10 Watts RMS each, total 20 Watts.
I saw a home theater speaker of same physical dimension/size whose specs says that it can handle max 120 Watts power.

So question is, how these 2 speakers (TV's Speaker & other one) are different from each other. Why TV speaker can tolerate max 10 watts and home theater speaker can 120 watts while both speakers are physically same in size.

Thanks.

Hello all,
I have a 47" LG LED TV in my home. Model 47LB5610, Make yaar 2014.

In this TV there are 2 speakers 10 Watts RMS each, total 20 Watts.
I saw a home theater speaker of same physical dimension/size whose specs says that it can handle max 120 Watts power.

So question is, how these 2 speakers (TV's Speaker & other one) are different from each other. Why TV speaker can tolerate max 10 watts and home theater speaker can 120 watts while both speakers are physically same in size.

Thanks.

Size is not the deciding factor for a speakers capabilities. TV speakers are made to a price point, which decide the quality of materials, technology implemented, etc.

I would say the OP has a genuine question. There are a whole lot of people at the bottom of the learning curve trying to go up.

Why few people thinks that my question was a stupid?

If so, please make prerequisite that only PhD holders can join this forum.

Quote was: 2 speakers of same dimensions, how one is just OK & other is excellent? Whats wrong in this Quote.

@ All rude poster: Everyone is not an engineer. He may be artist with no knowledge of speaker componenents. Woulf you guys have been rude in this same fashion if your granny had been arguing at the price of these speakers? Why one is costly and the other cheap, being of the same size? Shame on you, instead of posting helpful and knowledeable comments you guys are making fun of the poster.

Now to ans the OP:
A speakers capacity/loudness is based on the strength of the magnet at the back, plus many other factors. Tv speakers are cheap, as mfgs assume users will
Use HT if they want really good sound. While a same sized speaker in an HT or audio system will be made to be louder and clearer. Plus there is also the size of the amplifier which inceeases the overall cost of the speaker. So if they have very good TV speakers, the cost of the TV will also go up dramatically.

@ All rude poster: Everyone is not an engineer. He may be artist with no knowledge of speaker componenents. Woulf you guys have been rude in this same fashion if your granny had been arguing at the price of these speakers? Why one is costly and the other cheap, being of the same size? Shame on you, instead of posting helpful and knowledeable comments you guys are making fun of the poster.

Now to ans the OP:
A speakers capacity/loudness is based on the strength of the magnet at the back, plus many other factors. Tv speakers are cheap, as mfgs assume users will
Use HT if they want really good sound. While a same sized speaker in an HT or audio system will be made to be louder and clearer. Plus there is also the size of the amplifier which inceeases the overall cost of the speaker. So if they have very good TV speakers, the cost of the TV will also go up dramatically.

The forum is for effective and efficient exchange of information. If queries related to the same/similar topics are contained in one or two threads then the answers and discussion can be coherent.

If the same questions keep repeating all over the place, suspicion arises. Anyways, it is not like "the rude posters" (mea culpa) have not tried to answer any of the OP's queries. We have attempted, please check.

First of all Im a new comer and glad to here.
The answer is consideration. Basically TV makers are struggling each others for picture quality than its sound quality.
They mainly consider on visual improvement of their product and attache reasonable audio system in it.
Thats y 3rd parties making descent and amazing sound systems for TV and other visual equipment as Projector etc.

Tv speakers = cheap - so low power rating
HT speakers = expensive - so higher power rating

HOwever that 120w rms you see should also be taken with a pinch of salt
when they say MAX power it means MAXIMUM power before they clip
so the real power rating is probably half
so thats 60rms

in addition to that
they soetimes arrive at this figure many a times by adding the rms values of the sub as well

so it is highly probably the count is somethign like this

10-15 rms per small satelite speaker
and a 50-60 rms sub
so if there are 5 satellites
you have 5*10 = 50 rms
and 1 sub so you have 50+50 = 100
hey presto theres your magic figure

in any case boss
when you buy - please HEAR
you will know what sounds good and what doesnt
simple

Another important factor is very small space and depth in modern sleek panel type TVs. Given the dimensions available there, it is impossible to create sound with decent fidelity. The design of the driver is compromised to fit into that thin space. Also the volume of air is so small that the dynamics of the air and forced vibration of cabinet are not conducive to good sound. So you cannot expect to get even the sound quality of old CRT TVs of modest price.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back