2nd Floor 18x24 HT setup

Speakers are something one buys for a longer run, with little change in sound reproduction technology, while avr keeps on adding features on an early basis so atleast 50pc of the budget should go towards that and maybe more

I have searched for two days and read a lot before creating one more thread on the similar topic.

Have attached plan, it's new house, now at Pop level. Would be ok to spend 2 lacs for 5.1 setup with zone2 in balcony and pull down projector screen. Can push the budget if needed but initially trying to stick what is allocated.

Usage : Once in a 15 days movies with friends, or else just music. Room is dedicated HT on 2nd Floor of the house, without TV. But a guest room aside with Acoustic wall, No carpet.

So far, I drilled down my search at Yamaha RX-V485 or 585, or i can change to better option. Would like to connect WiFi net, Amazon firestick and Mobile App control to the system with DLNA or easy network sharing available.

Not sure about 5.1 speakers, which needs to be satellite / on wall. CENTER speaker will also be on wall above screen, as there is pillar above big window which is slider. This is same on other length end as well.

Please suggest.
Yes IMO, if that is what is possible in ones budget.. Marantz SR 6013 + Dual Taga 506 v2 + Dual subwoofers in his budget of 2 Lacs (6.2.4) will be a far better one than any 5.2.2 set-up in his room + pricey speakers..

I have highlighted the person's requirements. Movie watching is not that important for him, but music is.
Don't you think for music he will require better speakers? Thanks

I have highlighted the person's requirements. Movie watching is not that important for him, but music is.
Don't you think for music he will require better speakers? Thanks

Full-range HTIB satellite speakers are sub-par.. Any 2-way speaker (or) 3 way FS with subs within his budget is a better choice..

And my apologies for misunderstanding bout the budget, the budget is not only for HT but Projector as well. So i think i should consider 1.5l for avr and speakers and 1l for full hd projector and pull down screen.

I'm more inclinded towards Yamaha RX-V485 or 585 with Taga 5.0 and sub 200 or 300w

And I assume Wrafdaele dx2 is not good?

I will now check some other Avr option as you guys suggested.

And my apologies for misunderstanding bout the budget, the budget is not only for HT but Projector as well. So i think i should consider 1.5l for avr and speakers and 1l for full hd projector and pull down screen.

I'm more inclinded towards Yamaha RX-V485 or 585 with Taga 5.0 and sub 200 or 300w

And I assume Wrafdaele dx2 is not good?

I will now check some other Avr option as you guys suggested.

Start visiting dealers in your city & take demo's of brands available there in your intended price points & above it as well. That will give you best indication of what you like and also work for the size of your dedicated room.

Full-range HTIB satellite speakers are sub-par.. Any 2-way speaker (or) 3 way FS with subs within his budget is a better choice..
Yes, let's hope he decides post demo only & not blind purchase via online

So i think i should consider 1.5l for avr and speakers and 1l for full hd projector and pull down screen.

Projector screen : How big a screen size are you looking at?.. If you room width is 18ft, then you can consider atleast 150inch diagonal screen.. And a manual pull down screen of that size will set you back around 15K (or) more..

If you have a regular wall on the 18ft wall, you may consider DIY grey screen paint.. Cost effective and will work like a charm.. Else DIY Fixed screen (Acoustic transparent fabric) will be equally inexpensive.. Decide, based on the flexibility in your room and aesthetics..

The DIY fixed fabric screen (or) DIY grey paint, will not cost you more than 6K max..

Projector : I would suggest Xgimi H2, a DLP-LED (RGB) FHD projector around 80K.. There is a recent thread in the forum on that topic, you may want to check with the members for any better deal..

AVR : Since your budget has been revised, i would suggest Pioneer LX 303, a 9.2 AVR.. You can either look at 7.2.2 (or) 5.2.4 set-up in your room.. Abt 60K on hifimart.com..

Speakers : Taga Harmony TAV series (or) Taga Harmony Platinum series if you can accommodate in your budget..

Start visiting dealers in your city & take demo's of brands available there in your intended price points & above it as well. That will give you best indication of what you like and also work for the size of your dedicated room.

Yes, let's hope he decides post demo only & not blind purchase via online
I'm in Vadodara, had Demo of Denon with yamaha 485. I wonder why no one talks about bose, I was planing to Demo their speakers but guess they won't show me with 3rd party avr.

Projector screen : How big a screen size are you looking at?.. If you room width is 18ft, then you can consider atleast 150inch diagonal screen.. And a manual pull down screen of that size will set you back around 15K (or) more..

If you have a regular wall on the 18ft wall, you may consider DIY grey screen paint.. Cost effective and will work like a charm.. Else DIY Fixed screen (Acoustic transparent fabric) will be equally inexpensive.. Decide, based on the flexibility in your room and aesthetics..

The DIY fixed fabric screen (or) DIY grey paint, will not cost you more than 6K max..

Projector : I would suggest Xgimi H2, a DLP-LED (RGB) FHD projector around 80K.. There is a recent thread in the forum on that topic, you may want to check with the members for any better deal..

AVR : Since your budget has been revised, i would suggest Pioneer LX 303, a 9.2 AVR.. You can either look at 7.2.2 (or) 5.2.4 set-up in your room.. Abt 60K on hifimart.com..

Speakers : Taga Harmony TAV series (or) Taga Harmony Platinum series if you can accommodate in your budget..
Really appreciate your detailed reply, screen needs to be pull down as it's 15ft window behind it on both end. I was planing to cover up to 13ft area for screen.

Shall i do floorstanding Taga Harmony wich is 3way and add rear pair of Harmony 2way?

Or i must keep all same, 3way or 2way?

Hi invest good amount on Speakers ...which is more important and has a longer life than AVR .
For your room size 7.2.4 will be best if you more inclined towards movies ,however due to budget constraints ,if you r interested and willing to invest it ,then U can sequentially purchase the setup step by step.
Phase 1: AVR selection-> Front speaker -> Projector Selection -> Pj screen
Phase 2: Center speaker -> Subwoofer
Phase 3: Surround speaker
Phase 4: Height speakers
Remember to choose a good quality speakers with good specifications which is based on ur likings through proper auditions.

Hi invest good amount on Speakers ...which is more important and has a longer life than AVR .
For your room size 7.2.4 will be best if you more inclined towards movies ,however due to budget constraints ,if you r interested and willing to invest it ,then U can sequentially purchase the setup step by step.
Phase 1: AVR selection-> Front speaker -> Projector Selection -> Pj screen
Phase 2: Center speaker -> Subwoofer
Phase 3: Surround speaker
Phase 4: Height speakers
Remember to choose a good quality speakers with good specifications which is based on ur likings through proper auditions.
I will go with Taga 5.0 and then add Front speakers Dali zensor 7 after few months or when budget permits. While I add front Dali, shall I use Front standing Taga as Rear? And move Taga Satellite rear as Height?

I will go with Taga 5.0 and then add Front speakers Dali zensor 7 after few months or when budget permits. While I add front Dali, shall I use Front standing Taga as Rear? And move Taga Satellite rear as Height?
Yes can be done ,depending upon your AVR selection and Space availability in the room.
Note : Dali Zensor has a specific Tonality (Sound signature ) some times this may differ with Taga . So if your ears are more sensitive ,then sometimes u may feel the different sound signature while watching movies. It may be negligible based on the user. (I have faced this problem.)

Avr will be pioneer VSX-LX303, not yet purchased, waiting for a deal. As i have time about 3-5 months.

Projector is also not yet final, @elangoas suggested xgimi H2 which looks good as per review.

Avr will be pioneer VSX-LX303, not yet purchased, waiting for a deal. As i have time about 3-5 months.

Projector is also not yet final, @elangoas suggested xgimi H2 which looks good as per review.
Its good one for its price Range ...I have seen it in Elango ji's Home.It has good acceptance in our Forum too.
But don't limit it with one choice ,possible do audition for many models in the same price range of ur Budget allocated and decide ur choice.
Do consider for service options in selecting Pj ( in case of worst case scenario) based on your locality.

Its good one for its price Range ...I have seen it in Elango ji's Home.It has good acceptance in our Forum too.
But don't limit it with one choice ,possible do audition for many models in the same price range of ur Budget allocated and decide ur choice.
Do consider for service options in selecting Pj ( in case of worst case scenario) based on your locality.
I guess I'm the 3rd member on forum from Vadodara. There are many few options for auditions and Service center. So I will have to make decision based on reviews and feedback from experts like you. However, I don't have golden ears to find much difference but i dont like too noises, so low volume clear bass for Music and Mid volume for movies would suffice my requirement.

So far - I concluded as below
1) Pioneer VSX-LX303
2) Taga 5.0
3) Taga TSW 200 sub (will add second sub later)
4) will add 2 overheads later.

Will keep provision for 4 overheads as I'm doing Acoustic false ceiling as well.

Need suggestion on below

1) Shall i keep two overheads in ceiling and 2 on extreme end Wall? And use center ceiling overheads first.?

2) Zone2 and Zone3 will be on 1sr floor bedroom for music streaming. Shall I do that or use standalone 2.0 in bedroom for music only.? And if i use zone2/3 from HT room which is on 2nd Floor, will it be convenient to manage using pioneer app to control music on bedroom while on 1st floor bedroom?

3) i assume, when Zone2/3 are not in use, HT room will use all 9 channels, either 7.1.2 or initially 5.1.2 when I add overheads with Taga 5.0 and a sub.? Or Zone setup is not advisable?

So far - I concluded as below
1) Pioneer VSX-LX303
2) Taga 5.0
3) Taga TSW 200 sub (will add second sub later)
4) will add 2 overheads later.

Will keep provision for 4 overheads as I'm doing Acoustic false ceiling as well.

Need suggestion on below

1) Shall i keep two overheads in ceiling and 2 on extreme end Wall? And use center ceiling overheads first.?

2) Zone2 and Zone3 will be on 1sr floor bedroom for music streaming. Shall I do that or use standalone 2.0 in bedroom for music only.? And if i use zone2/3 from HT room which is on 2nd Floor, will it be convenient to manage using pioneer app to control music on bedroom while on 1st floor bedroom?

3) i assume, when Zone2/3 are not in use, HT room will use all 9 channels, either 7.1.2 or initially 5.1.2 when I add overheads with Taga 5.0 and a sub.? Or Zone setup is not advisable?

When u run full 9 channels ,the zone 2 /3 cannot be used I think in the selected AVR ,since it doesn't have preout options .Other option if u want to use like that but,may be a exterbal speaker switch slector may be required .I'm not sure about this .Some FM can help on this.
Coming to heights ,If u r planning to run the 4 heights ,then the setup will be 5.2.4 based on the selected AVR. Ur room dimension is good to have 7 bed layer .Then 7.2.2 can be planned. u may need to decide this.
Heights sounds will be limited Comparitivly to surround sounds.Take a call on this .
If only 2 heights is planned then the speaker will be good to be mounted directly above it main listening position(MLP) .If 4 heights is a choice then 2 front heights at an angle innthe range of 30 to 55 degree (possibly 45 degree) and 2 rear heights similarly on the back of the MLP. Hope it helps .U can refer my thread of Auro3d 10.2 /Atmos 5.2.4 in which I have provided my layout setup(It may help u) . I have used Front& Rear heights on wall ,u may need to do the same on ceiling using ceiling speakers.
I will try to attach the link here.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back