2nd Floor 18x24 HT setup

I read your thread already. However I think due to limited content on atmos, I will use 7.2.2 and keep zone as well. On 303 zone2 is seperate output.

So far - I concluded as below

3) i assume, when Zone2/3 are not in use, HT room will use all 9 channels, either 7.1.2 or initially 5.1.2 when I add overheads with Taga 5.0 and a sub.? Or Zone setup is not advisable?

@elangoas Would you please confirm point 3, Zone2 and 3 both will be auto channel or manually ?

So far - I concluded as below
1) Pioneer VSX-LX303
2) Taga 5.0
3) Taga TSW 200 sub (will add second sub later)
4) will add 2 overheads later.

Will keep provision for 4 overheads as I'm doing Acoustic false ceiling as well.

If you are doing a false ceiling, then look to add in-ceiling speakers..

Need suggestion on below

1) Shall i keep two overheads in ceiling and 2 on extreme end Wall? And use center ceiling overheads first.?

Yes.. If you plan to do a 7.1.2 set-up, then add 2 ceiling speakers and 2 speakers on extreme end wall..

@elangoas Would you please confirm point 3, Zone2 and 3 both will be auto channel or manually ?

Though i haven't used Zone in my AVR, Zone 2 & Zone 3 will be unaval, when all the 9 channel of the AVR is being used..

If u r planning to install only 2 height speakers then locate it in the range of 65degree to 100 degree as per Atmos Guide lines .Refer the picture attached. I have used this Top middle configuration earlier with Denon X2200 AVR for 5.2.2 layout and it provided me good Height sounds . I have also tried Front heights configuration ,but it was not good as Top middle configuration. So for 2 heights ,the best will be Top middle IMHO.

Attachments

• image_preview-speaker placment.jpg
    image_preview-speaker placment.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 49
My way would be to finalise on the sub , avr and then speakers . Get a powerful sub , decent avr and then you can buy a centre channel and 2 fronts . If you have money left in the budget you can buy the surrounds else can add later .

My way would be to finalise on the sub , avr and then speakers . Get a powerful sub , decent avr and then you can buy a centre channel and 2 fronts . If you have money left in the budget you can buy the surrounds else can add later .
1) Pioneer VSX-LX303
2) Taga 5.0
3) Taga TSW 200 sub
This is final, now waiting for a deal to place order.

Meanwhile, checking with projector screen pull down manual vs Motorized? 25k budget

And projector xgimi H2 vs any other? In 1 lakh budget

Finally ! My new house is ready but not yet ready to move in. False Ceiling work has been started. So i will take care about in-ceiling speaker setup now based on 5.2.2

Room Size : 24' X 11'6" (Acoustical Cladding on WALL, False Ceiling)

I have purchased Pioneer VSX-LX303 at 499 USD (35k INR) and no headache from Custom Duty, i will need to find a down step converter from 240v to 110v for USA AVR.

Now - I will order Taga, budget has been increased slightly to add Taga in-ceiling as well. So next step is -
2) Taga 5.0
3) Taga TSW 200 sub
4) Taga in-ceiling (for 2 Atmos ceiling fire speakers) - Please suggest if any special model from Taga or shall i go with diff brand for Atmos ??
5) Projector xgimi H2

Shall i change anything on 2,3,4 ?

Thank you in advance.

Y r
Finally ! My new house is ready but not yet ready to move in. False Ceiling work has been started. So i will take care about in-ceiling speaker setup now based on 5.2.2

I have purchased Pioneer VSX-LX303 at 499 USD (35k INR) and no headache from Custom Duty, i will need to find a down step converter from 240v to 110v for USA AVR.

Now - I will order Taga, budget has been increased slightly to add Taga in-ceiling as well. So next step is -
2) Taga 5.0
3) Taga TSW 200 sub
4) Taga in-ceiling (for 2 Atmos ceiling fire speakers) - Please suggest if any special model from Taga or shall i go with diff brand for Atmos ??
5) Projector xgimi H2

Thank you in advance.
Have u done audition? Taga is good for it's price range.
If u have budget invest good on Speakers,Go for higher series(At least on the Fronts and center channel.).
If budget is a constraint u can stick to ur original plan.

2) Taga 5.0
3) Taga TSW 200 sub
5) Projector xgimi H2

Thank you in advance.
Congratulations on your new AVR. I have recently set up my HT system. Marantz SR5013 paired with Taga Harmony TAV-616F Floorstanding, Taga Harmony Platinum C-90 SL centre, Taga Harmony Platinum S-90 SL surround with Taga Harmony Platinum SW-10 v3. I'm quite satisfied with my set up. For your setup you can consider Taga Harmony Platinum series to include F-100 floor standers if your budget permits. All the best.

Y r
Have u done audition? Taga is good for it's price range.
If u have budget invest good on Speakers,Go for higher series(At least on the Fronts and center channel.).
If budget is a constraint u can stick to ur original plan.
Thanks Renjith , My movie time is hardly once a Month, not a music person on 5.1 for sure, I’m bedroom music guy. So would like to invest more in projector and screen for live sports streaming.

Need suggestion for projector , Xgimi z6 polar vs x1 vs Optoma hd300 (non android) ?

Have got Xgimi polar z6 projector ,

Now speakers either Taga 606 se vs Pioneer rs55tb in same price for 5 speakers .
Please suggest

Have got Xgimi polar z6 projector ,

Now speakers either Taga 606 se vs Pioneer rs55tb in same price for 5 speakers .
Please suggest
Hi Compudex, Which one did you choose between the 2. I am also looking at same options. I was advised that there was not much difference in performance between the 2 and even if there is, it is negligible. However from price standpoint taga is expensive than pioneer. Just curious to know which you chose of the 2 and why? Did you compare by listening to both.. Would you advise taking Pioneer?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back