2nd Floor 18x24 HT setup

So far - I concluded as below
1) Pioneer VSX-LX303
2) Taga 5.0
3) Taga TSW 200 sub (will add second sub later)
4) will add 2 overheads later.

Will keep provision for 4 overheads as I'm doing Acoustic false ceiling as well.

Need suggestion on below

1) Shall i keep two overheads in ceiling and 2 on extreme end Wall? And use center ceiling overheads first.?

2) Zone2 and Zone3 will be on 1sr floor bedroom for music streaming. Shall I do that or use standalone 2.0 in bedroom for music only.? And if i use zone2/3 from HT room which is on 2nd Floor, will it be convenient to manage using pioneer app to control music on bedroom while on 1st floor bedroom?

3) i assume, when Zone2/3 are not in use, HT room will use all 9 channels, either 7.1.2 or initially 5.1.2 when I add overheads with Taga 5.0 and a sub.? Or Zone setup is not advisable?

Finally, we moved to new house and my 5.1 is ready, can upgrade later to 5.2.4 and all cables and purchases are done keeping final target of 5.2.4

Pioneer lx303 35k from USA
Taga 5.0 locally @ 36k
Taga 200 sub @ 18k
130” motorised screen Eclar @ 14k
Xgimi polar z6 4K3D projector @ 28k
Connected Amazon Firestick & Jio STB to Pioneer
yet to test 3D

Overall happy with performance, got more than expected within budget.
Attached pictures taken before Seating arrangement, I got sofa cum lounger recently for seating,not planing for recliner

thank you team for suggestions and guidelines, this is my first setup with zero knowledge.
598AAA92-52C9-4812-AF4E-7D46692E0EEF.jpegFBA99F89-ADC1-432F-81D7-E18605086481.jpeg

Finally, we moved to new house and my 5.1 is ready, can upgrade later to 5.2.4 and all cables and purchases are done keeping final target of 5.2.4

Taga 5.0 locally @ 36k
Taga 200 sub @ 18k
yet to test 3D

Attached pictures taken before Seating arrangement, I got sofa cum lounger recently for seating,not planing for recliner

thank you team for suggestions and guidelines, this is my first setup with zero knowledge.
View attachment 48343View attachment 48344
congrats on your new setup. It really look beautiful.

But are those taga floor speaker enough for the such a long hall

Taga 5.0 locally @ 36k
Taga 200 sub @ 18k
yet to test 3D

View attachment 48343View attachment 48344
Would love to see the complete setup once the lounger is in. Congrats man.

Sub is left corner with 6” above floor , keeping 5” space all three side in cabinet to create enough space. Will send close up picture.

two tower is sufficient as I’m adding two sub.

Nice Try to place your center speakers below screen possibly symetricaly spaced between Towers and angled up to the main listening position.,so that u get good sound stage.
If possible try to add carpets to reduce reflections.

Nice Try to place your center speakers below screen possibly symetricaly spaced between Towers and angled up to the main listening position.,so that u get good sound stage.
If possible try to add carpets to reduce reflections.

Center Speaker can't be changed as there is slider Window behind the screen, same size of Screen :) - I did black film and curtain with double blackout, so that while screen is down, there is no light coming from Window.

Hence, only option is above the Screen, i created specially pelmet for that purpose. and
@Gamerps360 center is actually center of seating, 5" out from screen center due to Bar setup on right Wall.

Yes, I have got tradination Dhurrie from Fab India, (no fixed or think carpet for 3-4 years, due to hygiene issue for kid)

I've also ordered this seating from Amazon- link below.

Thanks.

Here is last pic, low seating from Sofa cum lounger and old style chair from Fabindia.
The single Taga Sub is enough for movie. Auto calibration didn’t work well, so I did manual speakers distance configuration, center speaker is little low volume , but tweaking on pioneer worked well as I increased dB just from centre and all good now. Much better than expected.
9C133DE0-9757-4093-AFC4-224FEF85F808.jpeg023FFA97-9C74-429E-9E8E-C984AB7DA760.jpeg
special thanks to @elango

Any specific reason to go with this model than Xgimi H2?!
Unfortunately budget and lack of confidence on Xgimi brand but after buying no regret as my setup is very Dark.
Z6 doesnt have enough lumens to use in little light. you must need fully dark room.

Taga 5.0 locally @ 36k
Taga 200 sub @ 18k
yet to test 3D
Looks promising... Great dedicated HT room !! Enjoy !

You can place center speaker bottom of screen !! Dialogs will be more clear!!

Looks promising... Great dedicated HT room !! Enjoy !

You can place center speaker bottom of screen !! Dialogs will be more clear!!
Thanks, bottom is not possible, there is big window slider behind the screen. :)
I tweaked +10dB higher volume on center, so dialogue is good

Update :

Overall good experience with the setup.

Now adding back Surround pair of Taga Tav 806.
This will make my setup 7.1

Atmos will be next step if needed.

However, I have question, Can I do back Surround at little high about 8ft from floor? Due to design, I will have to hang it a bit on high at palmet.

Plz suggest.

Tejas

Yes, as you seen in above posted pictures, the backside has 6 ft height Windows, so need to keep it at 7 ft. May be I can tilt it downwards?

Or tilting is not a good option

Tilting is fine. In fact suggested and preferred by some.

You have surfaces highly refliective to light. Will not give true theatre effect.
May I suggest darkish carpet towards the screen.
And dark paint or cloth panel covering or even curtains at least upto the door near the front speaker.
Maybe you can match the tall cabinet colour.
Ceiling too, if possible.
A dedicated theatre room needs to be dark. It makes a huge difference.

Tilting is fine. In fact suggested and preferred by some.

You have surfaces highly refliective to light. Will not give true theatre effect.
May I suggest darkish carpet towards the screen.
And dark paint or cloth panel covering or even curtains at least upto the door near the front speaker.
Maybe you can match the tall cabinet colour.
Ceiling too, if possible.
A dedicated theatre room needs to be dark. It makes a huge difference.
True. Especially with the contrast of the image.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back