30k-35k floor standers for Yamaha rx v667

imrankhan

Hello everyone,
I am here with my very first post and very first query from you Gurus.
I am going to setup my very first 7.1 system (in steps). My room size is 12ft x 27ft. My usage is 80% music/20% movie-including gaming occasionally, Player is PS3 slim.

What I already have: Yamaha RX-V667 7.2 Receiver.
What I already decided: Wharf SW 150 sub woofer.

you experts please let me know that
1. Yamaha is bright or warm sounding av receiver?
2. As my next step towards the HT setup, what brand of FS speakers (as for now) should i consider with my Yamaha. i'm leaning towards, -in preferential order:
Mission mx3
Wharf Diamond 9.5
Tannoy V4

please help!

Get the Sonodyne Sonus package and blow out your choices after an audition.
Go for Sonodyne sub SLF 210V2(Studio series).Your wharf will be no way nearer.

Wharfedale makes a logical choice. It will match well sonically with your Subwoofer.

Why do you want floorstander ?
With your present sub, you can opt for Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 with speaker stands well in your budget.

I dont think your listening area will be 27 feet long. So you can even consider bookshelf speakers. Due to the dollar rise all speaker prices have gone up and very difficult to find a decent floor standing speakers under 35k budget. But you can look for demo stocks in showrooms or import from abroad. (Risk involved).

You need good bass producing speakers coz yamaha is kind of a low bass receiver. Try audition PSB, KEF , Paradigm and Polk RTI series. :)

I am using the V667 with KEF Q300 bookshelf speakers. Had auditioned several floorstanders and bs speakers in the range you have mentioned, but I found the Q300s to be the best of the lot. Costs just under 30k. Get yourself a nice pair of speaker stands and the aesthetics are also sorted out. And trust me, with the Q300, you won't feel anything missing on the bass front (common reason to choose a FS over a BS).
Suggest you head over to ProFX and audition the Q300...am pretty confident you'll like 'em :)

if you were in mumbai
i would have adviced you to look into Mr hari Iyers ( krypton audios ) transmission line floorstanders

they are superb for the price in your budget

That's why i'm here... the endless list of suggestions... growing everyday!
Thank you all. I'm stick to FS.

Last edited:
Imarn, what I think Kittu meant is , although you room length is 27 feet, the distance between the ear and system may not be 27 feet. You may be sitting in the middle of the room which will be 14 feet or so.

at 32k.. tannoy mercury V4 will be a good deal. check it out and audition though..

very sweet speakers these..

mpw

I am using the V667 with KEF Q300 bookshelf speakers. Had auditioned several floorstanders and bs speakers in the range you have mentioned, but I found the Q300s to be the best of the lot. Costs just under 30k. Get yourself a nice pair of speaker stands and the aesthetics are also sorted out. And trust me, with the Q300, you won't feel anything missing on the bass front (common reason to choose a FS over a BS).
Suggest you head over to ProFX and audition the Q300...am pretty confident you'll like 'em :)

Hi all... i have also plans in selecting very good sound book shelfs for my stereo set up.. My amp is NAD 326BEE... But for bookshelves i am in great dilemma in considering between PSB image B6 or KEF Q300...

Heard both are very good but is it that PSB sound plain may be "british way of sounding" and KEF sound in more dynamic ???

Any one please provide your personal suggesions....

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back