32"/40" Inch LED TV. Budget Conscious.

lau

1. Budget.

35 K. If I can save money then it's great

2. Viewing distance.

8 feet

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc.

Harddisk / Cable

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV.

LED TV/LCD

5. Preference for brands.

None

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market?

Yes.

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room.

Ample lighting

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.

Video chat/browsing will be cool.
(i)I contacted a grey market dealer and he quoted 24000 for 32" inch 5000 series Samsung and 33000 for 40" Inch 5000 series Samsung. Is this a good deal or should I negotiate more. If you have purchases recently do let me know the price.
(ii) Also, I searched for these products in Flipkart and it looks like they are out of stock. Usually they don't stock older models, is this very old/outdated?

I have not decided between 32" and 40".

Shopclues says "We'll be back soon!Please try again."

Will try again, please keep the suggestions coming.

I have always been tempted by 3 year warranties. What is the usual warranty with LCD/LED?

How long do LEDs/LCDs usually run without any issues. Call me a moron, but for this particular TV life and sturdiness is more important than picture quality.

Last edited:
Usual warranty : 1 year. You can buy extended warranty with LG, Samsung & Sony. Not sure about others.

Life: nobody can predict this!

Try LG yous hould get a good deal in local showrooms itself, but yes it may not be close to the prices you have got from the grey market. In the event of technical defects, you will have to bear the brunt of finding competent technicians for repairing as authorised service centres may not be willing to service. Weigh the pros and cons and go ahead with your purchase. Good Luck!

Toshiba LCD models are not true full HD. Some only allow HD ready while others don't allow full HD with the PC. This is also true for most of their mid/mid to high end LEDs in size 46 or less at least.

Toshiba LCD models are not true full HD. Some only allow HD ready while others don't allow full HD with the PC. This is also true for most of their mid/mid to high end LEDs in size 46 or less at least.

can you explain in detail.....could not get it..

I think that someone has given you misinformation. HD-Ready or 720p TVs are quite capable of receiving signal of 480i, 480p, 720i, 720p, 1080i and 1080p. The native resolution of such TV is 720p and the incoming signal is upgraded/downgraded to match the native resolution. 720p TVs are brilliant in my opinion for all normal TV/DTH. It is only when tru HD 1080p stuff (read Blu-Rays) content is played when a full HD panel will come to shine. Not even 1080i DTH. A 720p TV handles 1080i DTH very well. So I really don't know what you mean by:

Some only allow HD ready while others don't allow full HD with the PC

Further there is the viewing distance and the TV size. At a distance of 7-8' (the most common viewing distance), and a panel size of 50" or less, there is very little perceptible difference to the human eye. Repeat - very little perceptible difference. To know the difference, the person will have to come as close as 2 feet. I have thoroughly tested this myself with Panasonic 50XT50 (50" 720p TV) and 50ST50 (50" 1080p TV). The difference is noticeable only with very sharp objects and text (at 8').

The 1080p TV only gives you some sense of mental satisfaction that you have bought the TV with the best possible resolution. Basically it makes very little impact unless you have blu-rays to play back and you are viewing 50" or higher at 6' or less. For all practical purposes 720p HD-Ready TV is more than sufficient.

If you are looking for in a budget ,try a demo of Philips 32 pfl 6357 led full HD tv.The pic quality is very good and it doesnt have 3d or smart features.Retails at 27k in flipkart.

It matters if you want to connect to a PC, then you need true hd.
Why? Are you going to sit as close at 2' from the TV? And if you do, can you encompass the full 32" (forget 42") TV panel in your field of view? Have you connected PC to 720p TV and checked out? Most 19" monitors are 1440x900 which is not full HD. And I hardly see any difference. To know the difference, the eye must be able to distinguish each and every pixel separately.

Please read this article: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57566079-221/why-ultra-hd-4k-tvs-are-still-stupid/

resolution_chart.jpg

try toshiba with 3 years manufacture indian warranty in shopclues 30k.....40 minch lcd...
hopefully this is what he means
Buy Online: Toshiba 40PB20 LCD Television

though flipkart reviews are bad, at the same time reviews at shopclues are better...we don't know which one is true
best is some real owner of this model can share his honest review in the forum mentioning not only the performance, but the after sales service etc, specific to chennai and surrounding areas (for my own interest)
the offer looks to be lucrative and my personal demo at Croma proved it to be comparable to SONY..
Experts may throw more light on this pl.

hopefully this is what he means
Buy Online: Toshiba 40PB20 LCD Television

though flipkart reviews are bad, at the same time reviews at shopclues are better...we don't know which one is true
best is some real owner of this model can share his honest review in the forum mentioning not only the performance, but the after sales service etc, specific to chennai and surrounding areas (for my own interest)
the offer looks to be lucrative and my personal demo at Croma proved it to be comparable to SONY..
Experts may throw more light on this pl.

yes, conflicting reviews isn't making things easier.

Hi,
I too have exactly similar requirement, looking for 32 inch LED, good quality picture and preferably no maintenance. I was checking out few models, so far only focused more on sony and samsung, as we have never used any other brand audio/video products so far. dont know how reliable do they stand as of today. but we have had good experience with both these brands.

am not looking for too many complicated features, as this is for my parents and i dont expect them to become tech savvy in short time. so the simpler the better.. i have seen searched out some models like Sony 32 inches HD LED KDL-32EX550, Samsung 32EH4800 LED .. the sony one looks promising, but i am open to suggestions..

I took a demo of an AOC LCD-LED TV. Side-by-side was a Sammy new Series 5. I had taken some HD Rips and TV serials for testing. Also tried the SD cable TV.

AOC outclassed in all ways. SD & HD.

AOC is offering 3 years warranty; was 38k against Sammys 54k.

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back