32" LCD - Informed advice request

ratnamg

I am in the market for a 32" LCD. Would appreciate informed opinions on which one to go in for from among Sony, Samsung, Sharp & Hitachi from the points of performance and specs, longevity and after sales service support. Budget is not a constraint for the right model.

All you gizmo scholars out there, help me please !

I would suggest looking at 37" at least since 32" doesn't do any justice to the 720p HD standard. Hitachi and Toshiba (Regza) would be two to look at.

When budget is not a constraint: Hitachi, Toshiba, NEC

When budget is a constraint: LG, Samsung, Sony

To avoid (IMO): Sharp, Sanyo, Philips, Videocon

I agree with Pman, 32 is no longer big enough. 37 is decent. If your viewing distance permits, go for a 37 incher.

My room size is 10 * 10. Viewing distance would be max 5-6 ft. Would this suit a 37 incher ? Also, is there a lot of perceivable difference in video quality between a Full HD model supporting 1080P and a HD ready model ?

Truth to tell, 32" is enough for that distance. At that screen size a HD Ready TV will also give a pretty clear picture. But like they say, more is always good.

My room size is 10 * 10. Viewing distance would be max 5-6 ft. Would this suit a 37 incher ? Also, is there a lot of perceivable difference in video quality between a Full HD model supporting 1080P and a HD ready model ?

Just now, I saw this on the homepage of What Hi-Fi : "Toshiba is launching the new Regza range, a huge series of LCD TVs, of which this is the first we've seen. The 32XV505 is a full HD screen and the price is very reasonable."

Also check out the Sony D series 32 incher. Good luck!:)

well my viewing distance is the same as urs ,i went for a 32inch .Initialy wanted to go for a 37inch but i realised that the pixels size was larger for my taste and there was no 37inch 1080p lcd at that time.so i settled for a 32inch sony V series after comparing to the samsung and sharp models.

if money is not a problem go for the sony KLV-32W400A its 1080p panel,has a static contrast of 3000:1 and best of all has a bravia engine2 .this tv shares the same panel as the one found in the samsung but the sony gives betters blacks and has a superior image processor,the lcd is not yet available in showrooms will take another 2 weeks but is already available in the grey market costs about 55000 in the grey.

if u want something cheaper u can go for the panasonic models like TC-32LX700 on par with the sony D series.

Samsung has just released a Full HD 1080p 32 inch LCD TV in India and it is reasonably priced as well. Do have a look at this and post your comments on this model.

LA32A550P1 LCD TV - television SAMSUNG

Samsung LA32A550P1 32" LCD TV at the best price in India! Sumaria.in

Got mine for 52 K ! Great TV at a great price for the specs that it offers. The 5 series has been simulataneously launched in the US too and is a great hit there too, judging by the reviews in various US based forms.

I briefly was thinking about the Sony W series 32 ( Full HD) but looks like its going be priced closer to around 70-75K, and at the price, its not too attractive.

The 5 series looks like great value for money.

Got mine for 52 K ! Great TV at a great price for the specs that it offers. The 5 series has been simulataneously launched in the US too and is a great hit there too, judging by the reviews in various US based forms.

I briefly was thinking about the Sony W series 32 ( Full HD) but looks like its going be priced closer to around 70-75K, and at the price, its not too attractive.

The 5 series looks like great value for money.

Enjoy your new TV :)
How good is the performance? Did you test the TV with High-def videos and gaming?

I have a Hathway digital cable connection thru a stb and the pictures are fabulous, even at a viweing distance of 6-8 feet. In channels where the basic feed is superior, like Animal Planet/Nat geo/World movies etc, the picture is just fantastic.

I havent tried high def sources or gaming as yet, but going by the picture I am getting on terrestrial cable, I am sure there's nothing to complain about.

Best in class : Hitachi & Panasonic

Guyz you support Sony, but as a matter of fact Sony, doesn't have there own panels...
Currently they are using IPS alpha technology...
And i dont know, how many of you know, but IPS alpha technology is a trademark of Hitachi...

Hitachi is very well priced and a go get one LCD...

For your room 32" LCD will be more than sufficient...

Model L32A01A - MRP Rs.48,000 only...

Do let me know, if you need any help or considering a best deal...

Thanks & Regards

Mridul Goel

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back