3yrs AMC for LG 32 jazz lcd at 6K, is it worth?

diplomat

Dear Members,
Recently I was offered by LG for 3 yrs AMC covering labour and parts even the panel for 6K i.e at 20% discount on yearly price of 2500/-, if taken before end of warranty period for my LG32 80UR HD ready lcd tv.
Has any body already used such AMC on LCDs and are they really worth? May be if the panel gets into problem, we will get the real value from AMC subjected to company respecting the promises on document even for replacement.
One of my friend had thin red line problem on his samsung 4 series LCD within 15 days of purchase which reflects that even nicely designed panels may land into some problem at some point of time.
I just need all your views before I go for such AMC. Kindly share all ur exp. in this regards.
Thanks in advance.

Hello diplomat,
not sure about LG but I can share with my experience with Samsung LCD. I purchased my tv 40 inch tv in 2006 and it performed flawlessly till now. About a month ago I noticed that the screen is showing lot of red dots . When ever I play a movie the hair colour appears to be red. I was bit worried what might be the problem. then I called up the technician he just came and opened the unit. what he did was just opened and reconnect all the connectors inside the tv and brushed away all the dirt and tv is again working fine. I still really don't know what was the problem how it got resolved. It didn't cost me much. So in my opinion since your product carries warranty there is not much point for an AMC. If your lcd panel develops any problem I will doubt that this AMC will cover it cause it will cost cost a lot to replace the panel.
Thanks.

Dear Members,
Recently I was offered by LG for 3 yrs AMC covering labour and parts even the panel for 6K i.e at 20% discount on yearly price of 2500/-, if taken before end of warranty period for my LG32 80UR HD ready lcd tv.
Has any body already used such AMC on LCDs and are they really worth? May be if the panel gets into problem, we will get the real value from AMC subjected to company respecting the promises on document even for replacement.
One of my friend had thin red line problem on his samsung 4 series LCD within 15 days of purchase which reflects that even nicely designed panels may land into some problem at some point of time.
I just need all your views before I go for such AMC. Kindly share all ur exp. in this regards.
Thanks in advance.

Dear Members,
Thanks in advance.

absolutely not worth it diplomat, at least not with what a standard AMC covers. You are covered for 1 year I presume under normal warranty and if something does go wrong later - you can still get a LG technician to diagnose the problem and fix it. And it definitely wont cost 6k. Seldom something goes wrong actually with these TVs and if somehting does go wrong it does within a year - and that is manufacturing defect. Smaller niggles that develop over time are usually quick fix solutions.

Hold on to your 6k and believe me after a few year maybe 6k will go a long way in getting another TV if so needed.

On the other hand if its extended warranty on parts - get it, AMC is not worth it.

thanks a lot for all ur reply members. As pointed out in LG website, the contract covers labour and parts at site for additional 3 yrs beyond warrenty and in that LCD module is also included. Hence this is nothing but an extended warrenty, I feel. But as correctly pointed out, usually such panels will giveup in the first yr of use and if survived, don't trouble for normal domestic viewing load. The panel replacement cost is beyond 15 to 20K for such size. Scanning on net also confirms that there is not much complain on lcd tvs beyond warrenty and they usually have long life as compared to CRT. Now i also feel like not going for it....

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back