4" drivers

neo

Hello! I'm looking for a good set of speakers for the Chevrolet Spark. Sadly it can only accommodate 4? drivers in the front. So what could be the good options?

Also what spk should I get for the rear?? Or should I just settle for a woofer in the boot??
Regards.

Hi Neo
I am not a professional so I am not sure which brand precisely you should go for. But look around for components which fit into your front door.
Frankly there are many companies around which make good quality speakers and believe me the more known ones are least preferred by people who are into high-end car audio
If you dont have anyone seating on the rear seats most of the time you can go just for a woofer or else you can go for 6X9s else if your car has a provision to install speakers in the rear doors like the front, you can go for components as well

This is a very basic advice from me as I am not very well up to date with the car audio scene. Maybe some other members will post soon

How much do you wanna spend? At different price points my fav car audio speakers would be Pioneer, JBL, Blaupunkt and JL Audio.

hi neo,

i am looking out currently for exactly the same thing for my new alto as you are for ur spark - 4" drivers. dunno abt whether u are going to install rear speakers in the already limited bootspace of the small hatch.

i am at this point of time, not considering putting up big 6x9 speakers in the rear. so i am looking out for such 4" drivers which will give good, clear sound across all ranges - highs, mids and good bass. even if they may not fill the car sound, the front seats should get punchy sound. now i am writing all this so that knowledgable others can help me / us.

the little research that i have done for high-end 4" drivers has shown me that there are component speakers available in which there is a 4" bass driver, seperate tweeter and a crossover unit. these component units are available in 6" and 5" also. have not been able to find demo in 4", but the 6" ones which i auditioned sounded great.

there are 2 brands which i know till now - kicker and dls. auditioned both (6") and found kicker with better punchy bass, but dls with excellent clarity and soundstage. these brands also figure in top high-end car audio brands in various forums across the net.

you may check these brands. if you come to know of any other brands, pl do let me know....

cheers,
vilfy

would like to add that in these component speakers the mid-bass driver can fir in the space provided in the car and the tweeter can be fitted anywhere on the dashboard.

also forgot to mention in my earlier post the cost of 4" drivers:

kicker - 4500
dls - 4800

Thanks! Ranjeet & vilfy

What should i look for in between blau & JL?
I'm looking for a tonaly balanced & as perfect spk. I know i'm not getting any bass depth with a 4" so the question about the rear should i go with just a woofer or a 6x9 or a 6" components.
The boot space is not a major issue for me as it's my wifes a car & it's hardly ever loaded with luggage.
I've bought a alpine head unit & goin to use a old MTX 50 watts/CH amp.
Regards

Thanks! Ranjeet & vilfy

I'm looking for a tonaly balanced & as perfect spk. I know i'm not getting any bass depth with a 4" so the question about the rear should i go with just a woofer or a 6x9 or a 6" components.
The boot space is not a major issue for me as it's my wifes a car & it's hardly ever loaded with luggage.
Regards

bro, go for DLS, u will not go wrong, where r u base in ? I can introduce someone really good with DLS installation for you.

You cannot go wrong with either. JL is considered hi-end. A bit of overkill for your Amp I'd reckon (without knowing which one it is). Blapunkt is easily available, reasonably priced and better chances of getting a good deal.

Slightly off the topic, you love your wife a lot it seems (not that others should not) :D

Thanks! Ranjeet & vilfy

Regards

neo,

dls is installed in mumbai by sound fx (other name vicky motors), andheri (east) 9821137909

jeff,

do u have dls in ur car? can u pl share the config of ur set up... head unit, amp, the speakers, sub (if any)... also howmuch did it cost u and when did u install it?

it will be ofgreat help since i am considering that brand seriously for my car.

neo,

dls is installed in mumbai by sound fx (other name vicky motors), andheri (east) 9821137909

jeff,

do u have dls in ur car? can u pl share the config of ur set up... head unit, amp, the speakers, sub (if any)... also howmuch did it cost u and when did u install it?

it will be ofgreat help since i am considering that brand seriously for my car.

Hi , No i do not have DLS in my car, i am using Precision Power amps, Precision Power subs and Dego components with a Pioneer 8650 Head Unit with Time Alignment. Running a full active system, one amp for each frequency range.

But i have listen to DLS a lot in many different cars and they are one of the best i must say, you will not go wrong with DLS, the only reason why i am not using DLS is cos i paid too much for my DEGO and i cant bear to change it yet heh heh. My whole car installation was build for IASCA competition and it cost me installation and equipments a total of about 9 lacs. (no joke). The system is more expensive then my car hahahaha. But i do not know anyone else in India who does it. By the way , my car is in Singapore not in India, I do not have a car yet in India.

Last edited:
vilfy: DLS is a good speaker brand. No doubt.

You should give a listen to all options available if possible: Illusion, DLS, Kicker, Blaupunkt etc. Your ears will probably help you decide what's best.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back