40/42 in tv, confused and need of help.

bballgms

i live in america, and i am looking at 40 or 42in tv's my price limit is around 800 to 850 US dollars.
i was looking at the ex500, samsung c630, and the ex40b.

i am going to be doing a lot of sd watching.

which of these tv's would handle the best sd?
the ex500 is 120hz bravia engine 2, the ex40b is bv3 60hz.

and how do those compare to the samsung?

which does better sd quality?

If c630 has matte screen then both ex500 and c630 will be almost similar in picture quality..with c630, you will get some additional features like HD movie playback via USB and internet on TV..do check the specs..

wait for forum member adder's reply..
he is the right person to answer your queries about SD quality..

Last edited:
the c630 has the matte screen like the ex500 and the ex40b.
the c650 has the ucp panel and internet and costs more.

as far as the c650 online its just a tad bit less than the lh90 and from what i know the lh90 is better. but i am not looking to spend that much, that it why im looking at the c630 and the ex500, and ex40b.

i would like to thank anyone in advance since this week iv been trying to find answers and has been really stressfull.

I would go with the samsung C630, the ex500 lacks the BE3 .While the EX40B does have the be3 & a integrated blu ray player,i don't like the idea & its certainly ain't cheap compared to EX400.

What is the comparative model to sony NX500 in the US? Does it fall in the same price range? If yes, have a look.

I assume c630 has the same panel as the c650 sold here. If yes, it is a great choice too.

abber, would the c630 handle sd content better than the ex500?

also in that price range is there anything else that you guys would recommend?

the panasonic tc-p4s2 plasma is also in that price range, but im probably going to hook up my pc to it, thats why staying away from plasma.

also how do the previous models i mentioned compare to the lg lh40, and the lg ld520?

i will be watching hd movies everynow and then but my main cable channels are sd.

Last edited:
Well if the US version of EX500 is indeed really BE2 then yes the samsung will have the edge.But take a audition of both and decide.

BTW its ADDER not abber ,lol

sorry bout that adder got it right this time lol :)

the us version of the ex500 is be2,
i went to my local bestbuy and saw them side by side, they were playing the bestbuy hd feed, and wouldnt play any sd.
the samsung had a bit more pop in color and a bit smoother, as the sony looked more natural.
the only thing that is bothering me with the samsung is the reliability and the panel issues of the s a and c panels.

also anyother tv's that would compete with these that i should give a look?

sorry bout that adder, got it right this time :) lol
yes the us version ex500 is be2 120hz.

how does the lh90 fall in comparison for sd content i know the lh90 is superior in hd content, bout what about sd?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back