40 - 43 Inch FHD Smart TV For Home Use Within 53K

jackal_79

Hi,
Need some help on buying a smart tv 40 - 43 Inch. My requirements as below:
1. Budget?
Ans: Less than 55 K

2. Display type and size?
Ans:Full HD Smart TV between 40 - 43 inch ( My viewing distance will be approx 6 feet)

3. Primary use of Tv/monitor?
Ans:HD Movies, Channels, Sports,Youtube / Prime / Netflix

4. Ports Required?
Ans: 2 or more HDMIs and USB

5. Preferred choice of brand?
Ans:Sony, LG & Philips

6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?
Ans:Sony KLV-40W562D, KLV-40W672E, LG 43LH600T & Philips 43PUT7690/V7

7. Any other info that you want to share.
Ans: Not sure whether to buy online or offline.Heard a lot of stories about running behind the CC for installation and paying extra.Will decide based on price difference.Had called up local Reliance store and found the price as follows:43LH600T - 51,990 including installation. They are not having 40W562D and suggested newer model KLV-40W672E at 52,990.

Would also like some suggestion if the size selected is right for my viewing distance of approx.6 feet.

Hi,
Need some help on buying a smart tv 40 - 43 Inch. My requirements as below:
1. Budget?
Ans: Less than 55 K

2. Display type and size?
Ans:Full HD Smart TV between 40 - 43 inch ( My viewing distance will be approx 6 feet)

3. Primary use of Tv/monitor?
Ans:HD Movies, Channels, Sports,Youtube / Prime / Netflix

4. Ports Required?
Ans: 2 or more HDMIs and USB

5. Preferred choice of brand?
Ans:Sony, LG & Philips

6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?
Ans:Sony KLV-40W562D, KLV-40W672E, LG 43LH600T & Philips 43PUT7690/V7

7. Any other info that you want to share.
Ans: Not sure whether to buy online or offline.Heard a lot of stories about running behind the CC for installation and paying extra.Will decide based on price difference.Had called up local Reliance store and found the price as follows:43LH600T - 51,990 including installation. They are not having 40W562D and suggested newer model KLV-40W672E at 52,990.

Would also like some suggestion if the size selected is right for my viewing distance of approx.6 feet.

Why not go for a bigger size like 49" for that price or go for a non smart and buy a amazon fire stick. Way better then any smart tv. Well, this what I did... :)
I just bought a LG 49lh547a for 49.5k. which is a non smart n got amazon fire stick. Well the TV has costed me 45k after selling then speakers which was a freebie n 5% cashback.
Wouldn't suggest Philips due to too many light bleeding issues these days with their panels.

If buying LG, don't buy It online since they charge for installation if bought online and you might not get all the current offers going on LG products including cashbacks, n freebies etc..

Last edited:
Why not go for a bigger size like 49" for that price or go for a non smart and buy a amazon fire stick. Way better then any smart tv. Well, this what I did... :)
I just bought a LG 49lh547a for 49.5k. which is a non smart n got amazon fire stick. Well the TV has costed me 45k after selling then speakers which was a freebie n 5% cashback.
Wouldn't suggest Philips due to too many light bleeding issues these days with their panels.

If buying LG, don't buy It online since they charge for installation if bought online and you might not get all the current offers going on LG products including cashbacks, n freebies etc..

Thanks! i have also started thinking about going for a non smart tv and combining with chromecast. But don't know any good models. Can you suggest some? As for TV size, like i said my viewing distance normally be 6 feet or so. I thought 43 was good enough for that.

Check paytm. You will 4k tv under 50-55K. They r giving quite a good Cashback.

Wouldnt recommend paytm at all, since the sellers there may or may not be authorised sellers and you may have warranty issues later.
Also if you get damaged peice or any other fault, I have my doubts regarding their return policy.
Check with the manufacturer before buying from paytm.

Wouldnt recommend paytm at all, since the sellers there may or may not be authorised sellers and you may have warranty issues later.
Also if you get damaged peice or any other fault, I have my doubts regarding their return policy.
Check with the manufacturer before buying from paytm.

All their products do come with company warranty. My friend has bought an LG uhd tv and has got company warranty. He also got extended warranty (paid) from LG. Regarding their return policy, one need to read description. Some sellers accept return upto 15 days, some don't.

@[email protected] was quoted 56k for LG UH750T for 43 inch model. I suggest you also have a look at a local vendor and ask about price. This will be way to better than any other FULL HD Tv right now. Also a bit future proof with it being HDR.

All their products do come with company warranty. My friend has bought an LG uhd tv and has got company warranty. He also got extended warranty (paid) from LG. Regarding their return policy, one need to read description. Some sellers accept return upto 15 days, some don't.
Good to know this, but l said may or not may not be authorised, I would check with the brand/manufacturer before buying from places like paytm since they have multiple third party sellers.
I'll give u an example, when I asked panasonic, they said only amazon and flipkart are authorised to sell our tvs and that too warranty will be valid only if bought via ABC and xyz sellers. Paytm was not listed as their authorised sellers.

Good to know this, but l said may or not may not be authorised, I would check with the brand/manufacturer before buying from places like paytm since they have multiple third party sellers.
I'll give u an example, when I asked panasonic, they said only amazon and flipkart are authorised to sell our tvs and that too warranty will be valid only if bought via ABC and xyz sellers. Paytm was not listed as their authorised sellers.

I checked with the manufacturer(LG). They said they have authorized sellers on paytm and those have tag of Authorized Seller'. So one should check for the tag and buy.. :)

Lg does not provide free installation and wall mount for any online purchases be it any website. Also only 1 year standard warranty is honoured they don't consider if you have bought extended warranty or not.

Lg does not provide free installation and wall mount for any online purchases be it any website. Also only 1 year standard warranty is honoured they don't consider if you have bought extended warranty or not.

If you buy from local store, the extended warranty is given by OnsiteGo. I checked with them and they do give extended warranty even if it is bought online..

Yes, this is true as well, they will not provide free instalallation or demo if bought online. This is true for LG.
Yes, onsite go will provide extended warranty... It just need to be bought here and u should have a bill to show.

If you buy from local store, the extended warranty is given by OnsiteGo. I checked with them and they do give extended warranty even if it is bought online..

That's what I meant that you cannot buy extended warranty that LG itself provides. I don't really like this behaviour from LG, when everything is going online and online market share is on the rise, they do this stupid thing.

So can someone help me with some 43 inch smart / non smart models?. I mostly would be buying locally as many models cannot be delivered in my area. I would consider buying online if the price difference is big.Also, what is the general experience of going for brands like Sanyo or TCL. Are they long lasting?

So can someone help me with some 43 inch smart / non smart models?. I mostly would be buying locally as many models cannot be delivered in my area. I would consider buying online if the price difference is big.Also, what is the general experience of going for brands like Sanyo or TCL. Are they long lasting?

I can suggest you two models.
LG 43lh547a (non smart)
Panasonic Shinobi Pro 43D450D non smart and 43d630d smart.
Good deals going on the panasonic Shinobi series on Flipkart but buy via omnitech retail only as it's the only authorised as per Panasonic.

You can try your luck with tcl, I wasn't so lucky, had bout tcl 48 curved and returned it twice due to excessive clouding issues n poor after sales experience.
Sanyo, no idea.

Last edited:
I can suggest you two models.
LG 43lh547a (non smart)
Panasonic Shinobi Pro 43D450D non smart and 43d630d smart.
Good deals going on the panasonic Shinobi series on Flipkart but buy via omnitech retail only as it's the only authorised as per Panasonic.

You can try your luck with tcl, I wasn't so lucky, had bout tcl 48 curved and returned it twice due to excessive clouding issues n poor after sales experience.
Sanyo, no idea.

Thanks and will check it out.I am not much interested in TCL by the way. What i wanted to know was since this is going to be my first LED, i want to buy something that will give the best VFM and lasts a little longer than other brands. I generally hear a lot of complaints about TV's of major brands failing just after one to 2 years and want to avoid best i can. So instead of latest models, would like to get a tried tested model.

Thanks and will check it out.I am not much interested in TCL by the way. What i wanted to know was since this is going to be my first LED, i want to buy something that will give the best VFM and lasts a little longer than other brands. I generally hear a lot of complaints about TV's of major brands failing just after one to 2 years and want to avoid best i can. So instead of latest models, would like to get a tried tested model.

Have a look at the lg model, I've mentioned. It's a good vfm tv non smart and LG is fairly reliable and I have a feeling that non smart tvs last longer and also smart tvs mostly clunky to use and their smart features become out of date with in yr or two.
If bought locally from a retail shop, u'll also get all the offers I've listed from lg n for smart functions I've told u to get fire stick or chromecast whatvever u like.

Have a look at the lg model, I've mentioned. It's a good vfm tv non smart and LG is fairly reliable and I have a feeling that non smart tvs last longer and also smart tvs mostly clunky to use and their smart features become out of date with in yr or two.
If bought locally from a retail shop, u'll also get all the offers I've listed from lg n for smart functions I've told u to get fire stick or chromecast whatvever u like.

LG model sounds good. I will check it out.The extended warranty is not clear whether it includes panel. any idea on that?. Also, how is the sound in this? Should i also buy a soundbar? Can i have some alternate suggestions from other good brands like sony or philips? thanks in advance

amazon lg uh650t 53,999rs. on flipkart also 52,999. Lg uh750t 58,999rs. Do check them out

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back