40 - 43 Inch FHD Smart TV For Home Use Within 53K

LG model sounds good. I will check it out.The extended warranty is not clear whether it includes panel. any idea on that?. Also, how is the sound in this? Should i also buy a soundbar? Can i have some alternate suggestions from other good brands like sony or philips? thanks in advance

Sound is decent for a slim led, but I have an onkyo Avr so never cared about tvs sound. But it's much better then my previous Philips.
Regarding soundbar, tons of options, if u just looking at improving sound there is good deal on Flipkart for a Philips soundbar with sub n bluetooth for 5k.

Sony is too pricey, though it's good but too pricey, Philips I've also bought two months back... There 49put7791.. 4k, returned twice and then finally got the refund from Philips. Philips has too many light bleeding issues these days but good after sales and warranty but product is not good, I can tell u from hands on experience m not heresay.
Apart from lg, my only other suggestion is Panasonic.. Which I've already given you.
Yes, lg is giving 2nd yr warranty on panel only.

Last edited:
Today I ordered Panasonic 40ds630d from flipkart @ 49990 - 1500 (hdfc offer)= 48,499.

Should get delivery by Tomorrow. Lets see how it goes.

every where i have read that i should take a demo of your tv before buying by playing couple of video at your nearest showroom. As i am new to this is there any checklist of what all things to check and what kind of files to carry for checking file support.

every where i have read that i should take a demo of your tv before buying by playing couple of video at your nearest showroom. As i am new to this is there any checklist of what all things to check and what kind of files to carry for checking file support.

one 1080p mkv, one 1080p mp4, one 1080p 10BIT HEVC, one 1080p video of your choice with at least 25mbps bit rate. try to play them all see the pq quality for yourself.

one 1080p mkv, one 1080p mp4, one 1080p 10BIT HEVC, one 1080p video of your choice with at least 25mbps bit rate. try to play them all see the pq quality for yourself.
Thanks!. First two I have. Where do I get the remaining?

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

Have a look at the lg model, I've mentioned. It's a good vfm tv non smart and LG is fairly reliable and I have a feeling that non smart tvs last longer and also smart tvs mostly clunky to use and their smart features become out of date with in yr or two.
If bought locally from a retail shop, u'll also get all the offers I've listed from lg n for smart functions I've told u to get fire stick or chromecast whatvever u like.

The LG model you mentioned has got only one HDMI port or two? LG site says two. But somewhere else while trying to compare with panasonic, i got only one. Also is WiFi only available for Smart version or are there non smart models with WiFi?. Isn't it safe to buy a model with one?

Thanks Again. Now i will plan to visit my nearest showroom. Before that do you have any suggestions for TV models? or should i check out only models mentioned above? I had heard good things about philips until i came here. Should i keep away from those?

In my opinion if you have decided that 43 inch Tv is the perfect size for you then I suggest you LG UH650T or 750T you might have to stretch your budget but it's totally worth it. I understand you don't need 4k Tv but this type of display are far superior than their Full HD counterparts. The colors, brightness, black levels are far ahead. Even HD channels look good and if you play bluray it's a very good experience. Do one thing download the videos from the link I mentioned and play those on the above Tv models, I am sure you will be pleased to see it. LG has very good upscaling so don't worry too much.

In my opinion if you have decided that 43 inch Tv is the perfect size for you then I suggest you LG UH650T or 750T you might have to stretch your budget but it's totally worth it. I understand you don't need 4k Tv but this type of display are far superior than their Full HD counterparts. The colors, brightness, black levels are far ahead. Even HD channels look good and if you play bluray it's a very good experience. Do one thing download the videos from the link I mentioned and play those on the above Tv models, I am sure you will be pleased to see it. LG has very good upscaling so don't worry too much.
Thanks but I don't think I would be going for a uhd for now. Anything on non smart or smart full hd will be very helpful [emoji4]

Thanks but I don't think I would be going for a uhd for now. Anything on non smart or smart full hd will be very helpful [emoji4]

Well, there are a lot of options I recently bought a Panasonic myself for 26k from flipkart during the sale.

Since it has to a FULL HD Tv which will be used for normal Tv viewing and some movies I suggest just buy the biggest Tv you can buy within your budget. I extremely happy with my Infocus 50 inch model which I got for 27,999 during amazon sale. Amazon fire Tv stick or chromecast and you are set.

Can someone advice me on refresh rates? How important are they while selecting a TV? Which is the ideal refresh rate?

60hz almost all FULL HD Tv's do 1080p 60hz within your budget that's the max you can get. I am still suggesting you to look into lg's budget 4k range. The features they are providing are excellent for the price. have a look at this lg 43UJ632T new model.

60hz almost all FULL HD Tv's do 1080p 60hz within your budget that's the max you can get. I am still suggesting you to look into lg's budget 4k range. The features they are providing are excellent for the price. have a look at this lg 43UJ632T new model.
How does normal SD channels perform on LG Uhd models?

How does normal SD channels perform on LG Uhd models?

Its good have only seen it in shop, they were watching some news channel in SD, although it was a 55 inch model it still looked good and I was standing very close. You should also see some sd channels when you go for demo. Along with the usual file types. Better would be to get 480p action sequence and play it on Tv.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back