Need a reliable 40/42/ Inch TV

why are you still using cable tv after getting a good Full HD LCD? your LCD and eyes deserve better than that, Get an HD DTH, it will cost around 3k for all companies HD DTH box and you will get one month free service then pay according to your desired plan but keep in mind that these will be expensive when compared to your present cable tv.

Naa the wait is over - was waiting for this month to get over for easy billing cycle- i will be getting a set top box this weekend.not sure which one.with so mnay options its so freakin confusing for my bird brain.

Also, i have been doing DEEP DEEP research about HD DTH and will like to share with you the result :) Videocon D2H has the most HD channels 22 when compared to 10 HD channels of tata sky and still videocon works out the cheapest for both HD and SD channels which is the reason behind the fastest growth in few months for videocon d2h, here are the package plans for HD+SD channels: Videocon D2H Packages | DTH Package | DTH Channel Packages | DTH Price | D2H Recharge

thnx for the link - again- so many options it burns me out.i dont want punjabi/marathi/kanada/urdu and so many more- its hard to decide on one - but then may be i will go for platinum HD pack , Only that has 22 HD Channels - leme knw if you have a better suggestion

Last edited:
To me, LK457C is the commercial TV model whereas LK450 is branded as consumer TV. There is a similar discussion in AVS forum.

Mostly all the features listed in the specs between both the models looks similar especially for panel, audio and video. But feature wise, there are some minor difference. Like the hotel guest related features like USB cloning, welcome screen, anti theft , multi IR code is not present in the LK450 model which I took.

Similarly I am not sure about the number of HDMI ports etc in the LK457 as this information is not listed in the spec, but the LK450 has 3 HDMI ports. There is also an 10 point picture calibration 'expert' settings within the LK450 model; in addition to the standard picture settings. mipurush can possibly tell if these settings are present in LK457C. Might be also good to check if the USB supports all video formats. So far, whatever video formats I have tried to play from my Hard Disk, LK450 has supported all those.

anti theft ?? apologies - i cudnt find it.

Naa the wait is over - was waiting for this month to get over for easy billing cycle- i will be getting a set top box this weekend.not sure which one.with so mnay options its so freakin confusing for my bird brain.

thnx for the link - again- so many options it burns me out.i dont want punjabi/marathi/kanada/urdu and so many more- its hard to decide on one - but then may be i will go for platinum HD pack , Only that has 22 HD Channels - leme knw if you have a better suggestion

You see all DTH provider's packages are cheaper than subscribing individual channels of your choice, so better to opt for a package.

In, videocon D2H, we get all 22HD channels in two packages: Gold HD and platinum HD.

Gold HD lacks many channels when compared with platinum HD but its mainly no english movies channels and no english news channels but the 22 HD channels already have decent collection for english movie channels and who will see SD movies after watching in HD :)

As for news, all hindi news channels are available, so i will subscribe just one english news channel like NDTV for rs 10 extra and CNBC stocks news is available in HD itself, so this package will be perfect for me.

So, check out both Gold HD and platinum HD packages, ofcourse the platinum HD package is the biggest, best and also economical when compared to tata sky.

Its been ages since i visited this forum
i want to take a moment to thank all you guys for the support and advise
as of my tv is concerned its BRilliant ...extremely happy with it and i get absolutely no time to watch tv even now or even use any feature of it...i am glad i didnt go for anything fancy....

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back