Need a reliable 40/42/ Inch TV

kix has made correct observations :thumbsup:

In my opinion, as far as - ENTRY LEVEL - plasmas go, Samsung somehow ends up convincingly overshadowing Panasonic. I took 2 demos of Panny and felt X50 literally pales in front of E490 (and by extension E470)...But note that this demo was not side by side but still...

To rephrase kix, the reason why I am recommending E470 plasma is because X50 will come nowhere close to matching PQ, colour accuracy, black levels, and other such factors.'.

So you will have to demo and decide yourself. Dealers are not having them on even display. In Pune, even 51E490s are out of stock !

PS: I had booked E470 but had to cancel as it was and continues to be out of stock. The spike gaurd bought for the same being used for protecting Computer !

Sanket

Hello Team ,

1)Main SPECIFICATION - I like big size so i need a tv that is a minimum of 40/42 Inch.

3) I don't watch much TV at all.

5)there are two windows on either side of the wall and the main door opposite to the TV Stand.

7) We use normal cable TV connection at home.

10) i as a common man cannot differentiate PQ.what panel it uses etc etc.to me all look the same.
12) Any make cheap and best value for money would suit me.Looking forward to your recommendations.

You stated that there are two windows on either side and the main door is opposit to the TV. How much reflections or light will be there ?

if there will be too much light from these door / windows, forget about plasmas. both E470 and X50 are nearly like a mirror.

As per your requirements, why not consider a videocon / onida or Toshiba LCD costing about 32K -35K for 40/42 inch?. True there are not many who will recomend them in this forum.But during my previews they are found appropriate for an ordinary user who need a large screen. I think Videocon and Toshiba giving 3 year warranty, please check.

guys X50 is out of stock almost evrywhere in blore
i will check on sammy models this evening
but i am not quiet sure how good are toshiba products - TVs in particular.
after sales service etc etc - seriously - is toshiba TVs any good - the pricing of toshiba TVs are very very aggressive - yes i understand they save on advertising and pass on the benefit to the cust formula.but it isn't true always.
again to me plasma/lcd/led doesnt matter- they all look the same to me for the duration i watch.

You stated that there are two windows on either side and the main door is opposit to the TV. How much reflections or light will be there ?

if there will be too much light from these door / windows, forget about plasmas. both E470 and X50 are nearly like a mirror.

As per your requirements, why not consider a videocon / onida or Toshiba LCD costing about 32K -35K for 40/42 inch?. True there are not many who will recomend them in this forum.But during my previews they are found appropriate for an ordinary user who need a large screen. I think Videocon and Toshiba giving 3 year warranty, please check.

as of windows in my house - we have thick curtains and the main door is closed on most occasions

videocon and toshiba - the pricing is fine - are the products really good in terms of quality ? any pointers on after sales service? relaibility is top priority for me now.i really cant afford the run and round for the busy schedule i manage - leme knw- will look forward to your feedback on toshiba

guys X50 is out of stock almost evrywhere in blore
i will check on sammy models this evening
but i am not quiet sure how good are toshiba products - TVs in particular.
after sales service etc etc - seriously - is toshiba TVs any good - the pricing of toshiba TVs are very very aggressive - yes i understand they save on advertising and pass on the benefit to the cust formula.but it isn't true always.
again to me plasma/lcd/led doesnt matter- they all look the same to me for the duration i watch.

Let me just reiterate what just4kix has earlier said :

But if you have decided, then you should choose between Samsung 43E470 or Panasonic 42X50. Both are plasma models. The reason why I am recommending plasma is because of the VFM factor. LCD models will also be available in the 40k range but will come nowhere close to matching plasma PQ, colour accuracy, black levels, and other such factors. Some LEDs will definitely be better than the two suggested models such as Sony 40HX750/40HX850, Samsung 6/7 Series, LG LM6600 and above series but will be twice as costly.

Keeping the above in mind please do not even look at Onida, Toshiba, etc..........If you have thick curtains you are good to go!!!

Let me just reiterate what just4kix has earlier said :

But if you have decided, then you should choose between Samsung 43E470 or Panasonic 42X50. Both are plasma models. The reason why I am recommending plasma is because of the VFM factor. LCD models will also be available in the 40k range but will come nowhere close to matching plasma PQ, colour accuracy, black levels, and other such factors. Some LEDs will definitely be better than the two suggested models such as Sony 40HX750/40HX850, Samsung 6/7 Series, LG LM6600 and above series but will be twice as costly.

Keeping the above in mind please do not even look at Onida, Toshiba, etc..........If you have thick curtains you are good to go!!!

challenge : X50 is out of stock in almost every panasonic brand showroom in blore.

Few intricate points about your query

1. For 40" and less HD ready are sufficient to view quality content and with your viewing distance it won't matter much if its HD or HD ready.

2. If can waive off from popular brands than can try Toshiba/Sharp LED/LCD which would be bang for you bucks.

3. As your requirement is simple limit your budget to no more than 35k. If you go beyond that possibilities are that you could be bombarded with unwanted feature( smart tv, wifi etc etc).

4. Go to a multibrand showroom to have a feel of various brand and to have lots of option. Girias would be a good choice as I usually found that they are cheaper then other noted Multibrands.

as of windows in my house - we have thick curtains and the main door is closed on most occasions

videocon and toshiba - the pricing is fine - are the products really good in terms of quality ? any pointers on after sales service? relaibility is top priority for me now.i really cant afford the run and round for the busy schedule i manage - leme knw- will look forward to your feedback on toshiba

If you have time to read all the posts in this forum, you will see that there are complaints against all most all the brands. I myself brought a 43E490, last week, but right now there is a thread on poor service by samsung at Kochi. So failures and complaints can be expected on all brands. If you are afraid of complaints, stick with our old CRT. But there are islands of good service, and if you happen to found your city have good service for a particular brand, stick with it.

During my audition, I found the Toshiba and Videocon are acceptable for a normal TV viewer. I do not know how reliable are they in the long run. I opted the 43E490 for its 3D and the offer of fee 3D blue ray player. Otherwise, I may have bought the Videocon 42 inch at 30K.

So have an audition of these models and if acceptable go for it. Also do not forget that the X50 and E470 are also in this price range and I had suggested LCD purely to avoid reflections. In the right environment, the plasmas have the best pic quality.

Model No:42LK457c
LG 42LK457C Technical Specifications | LG Australia
Cost:37k (Got a Multipin V guard stabilizer and i gave away my old CRT 21 Inch Daewoo TV) all inclusive.
Dealer:Baron Electronic E city
Manufacture date as per the sticker : Jul'12
Not sure if its a good deal.+/- 1K is fine with me.
Bought it today and installed as well.
looks big for my hall.
i am happy with the functionality.It has wt i need.
watched for a few hours 2day as i ws on leave today.
will get the set top box done next month or when i hv the time.
paid by cheque and got 300/- off extra

Reading from the manual - it says - LG 42 LK457c -
2.2 k for my old khatara -which is way way good - i was planning to donate it to my apartment association .

can anybody tell me hw to check the viewing hours ?

The model no is quite a strange one as in LG India official website there is no such model

anywhere means in lg india site??
as you alreday posted in a earilier post the specs link of this model....
and this model is avilable in lg global site.dont worry.

Last edited:
few pics attached

Attachments

• IMG_5026.jpg
    IMG_5026.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5027.jpg
    IMG_5027.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_5028.jpg
    IMG_5028.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_5029.jpg
    IMG_5029.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_5033.jpg
    IMG_5033.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 80
these are pic of few rhymes being played - which is a normal 99 bucks toddlr rhymes cd and normal cable tv (times now channel) for review

Attachments

• IMG_5034.jpg
    IMG_5034.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_5035.jpg
    IMG_5035.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5036.jpg
    IMG_5036.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_5037.jpg
    IMG_5037.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_5038.jpg
    IMG_5038.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 78
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back