[40K] Need to enjoy HD Audio at its fullest - Suggestions Please

emmarbee

Hi,
I've been waiting for a solution to listen to HD Audio for many months, but I still couldn't find a perfect solution to njoy DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD at its fullest.

The Speakers/Receivers is for a HTPC that can play and output HD-Audio. I'm yet to upgrade the PC, but I have decided it. Only thing that's missing in my HTPC setup is the Audio.

So far, decided, Onkyo HT S-3300 (Decoded DTS-MA & Dolby TrueHD) :clapping:

That's it. I don't know of any other speakers (in a box) that can decode lossless audio.

Can you guys give me a list of speakers under 40K budget that has lossless decoding features?

And can anyone answer my below question?

The PowerDVD 11 can decode DTS-MA and Dolby TrueHD pretty well. So if i allow the PDVD11 to decode the lossless audio and pass the decoded digital audio to a creative fatal1ty soundcard to make the D/A conversion and pass the analog output to a z5500, will it be as good as a PDVD 11 bitstreaming lossless digital audio to a Onkyo HT-S3300?

I mean, PDVD11 (DECODING) + Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty (DAC) + Logitech Z-5500 Speakers = PDVD11 (BITSTREAMING) + ONKYO HT-S3300 (DECODING+DAC+Speakers)?

Speakers dont process Audio.. AVR will process the Audio and will send the amplified Audio to speakers in analog form.

I would suggest to go for Onkyo 3400 if you have preference for movies/games. It's similar to 3300 but has some additional features. You can compare the features on Onkyo's site. If you wanna buy seperate speakers then you can look out for seperate AVR like Marantz/Yamaha/Denon. Even Onkyo has seperate AVRs. And then speakers or may be speakers first and then AVR.

Thanks for the response. I'm not looking for a separate spks + avr as it would go beyond my budget. I'll look into 3400.

yeps.. Onkyo 3400 would be safe bet for movies/games... it'll cost u around 23-25K.. later u can add BS or FS to fronts for music..

Auditioned HT-S3400 today (Kill Bill-Gogo vs Beatrix & VTV song by Rahman). It definitely didn't sound good. The power is good, rattled the demo room, but lacks details. Even my z5500 can produce better details than that. I'm sure as I've heard that particular scene several times on my z5500.

Will be auditioning the HT-728 tomorrow.

@visanj - is there any demo room in chennai for the setup you've mentioned?

This is a problem many of us have us we are starting out with our HT hobbies.

For me the answer was always get a high end set of computer speakers made by one of the better manufacturers, klipsch, creative, logitech, or altec. Personally I bought a Klipsch Pro Media 5.1... still have it!

It turns out most of these manufacturers are not currently doing a high end multimedia set but I was able to dig up a Creative set of speakers that might do the job - Gigaworks G500

Creative GigaWorks G500 5.1 speakers - THX-certified speaker system with a powerful subwoofer

Worth a look me thinks... :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back