Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!
If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.
1 most plasma come with AR filters,it does effect the picture.Query to panasonic owners.. The panasonic india website looks like junk with no information.. Can anyone confirm the below?
1) Which of the models have the Anti-Reflective filter? Does it create issue with image quality?
2) Is Amazon.com: Panasonic VIERA X1 Series TC-P42X1 42-Inch 720p Plasma HDTV: Electronics same as the X10? It mentions a host of features like viera tools for icon navigation, AR filter for arresting reflection etc.. Are those available in indian X10?
3) What is the RGB value of the PV/C/X series panels? LG quotes 16 bit and sammy quotes 18 bits but panasonic does not quote anything anywhere? Anybody has any info on this?
X10 has the below more than C10.actually i did ask at a few shops...n did bargain hard..
actually one of my friends went to this panasonic showroom and he bargained a bit and wz quoted 38..bt he said tht he would buy the next day..so i thought tht i would go without him nd thn i asked the best price..i wz also quoted 38..thn i told the guy tht m getting 4 less in the market..so he asked me hw much..i said 35-36..he thn asked me whn do i hv to buy..nd thn i knew i had him!!
he finally gave it for 36.8+the freebies...he wz also offering me a tata sky new mpeg-4 box 4 thousand including installation..bt i already had tata sk+..so i dint want it..
this price wz the vry reason tht i dint get the x10..nt tht i needed the extra hdmi port etc..the anti reflective filter wz the reason i liked the x10..bt 4 a difference of 6k i figured i can adjust my lighting n still save some..
i did check the service menu nd it wz a new piece 4 sure...
i am really happy i bought this plasma instead of the samsung 5 series lcd i wz goin to buy!
the prices at tht showroom are pretty good..ppl in delhi surely should chk it out!
Anybody has data on the RGB value of the panasonic 720p PDPs, please provide it here.1 most plasma come with AR filters,it does effect the picture.
2 yes the X1 is similar to the X10,it does have AR filter,but still as of today even the top of the line plasma with AR filters reflect more then a glossy lcd like the ones from samsung,the AR filters can only cut small amount of reflections.
3 no idea about that,we have to go with what companies say.
well all those features might be worth the difference bt i usually hookup my laptop to play all videos so nt tht useful to me..newayz it uses the sd card slot 4 tht nd i keep all videos on my external hdd..so again no use!X10 has the below more than C10.
1) An Anti-Reflective coating which is useful from the first day till lsat day you use the TV.
2) Mpeg-2 playback - OK to have.
3) AVCHD playback - Now, this is for HD playback. I have seen a lot of mkv to AVCHD converters in the net. If this corresponds to lossless conversion, You have an HD player attached to the TV. People tend to overlook this fact.
4) V Audio Surround - Now if this extends to excellent simulated surround effet through the sound out to external speakers, It IS useful.
Now, If the X10 has all the above features working in the way I have mentioned, It is a good deal. When I was checking out, the difference was 4k and I was game for it.
KSid: WOW man how come u got C10 for 36.8 thats almost in the range of a 32 LCD. Is it under exchange or something?