42PV8 to 42X10

binoymehra

I have an opportunity of getting Panasonic 42X10 by investing 12k more after selling Panasonic PV8 bought 4 months ago at 43K , to someone
Will it be worthwhile?
Considerations for change are:-
1. better contrast
2. better motion pictures due to 600Hz speed
3. latest model
4.3 years warranty as against one year for pv8(plasma amc also should cost atleast 3/4 k after 1st year in case I keep PV8)

I do not know whether I shall be losing something in terms of Picture quality.

With above details , what are the views about this upgrade?
Please advise.

sorry , pv8 is only 4 months old.
No suggestion!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are upgrading to 50 inch or Full HD bcos of HD needs I would have said yes but paying 12k more for 42X10 is a waste of money and the PQ is not as good as PV8.

Pls dont :)

seriously? the X10 s not as good as the PV8? that's odd, becuase the new Samsung plasmas are supposed to be superior to last year's.....and I would expect Panasonic also to be moving in the same direction.

r 42X10 is a waste of money and the PQ is not as good as PV8.

Pls dont :)

Consider an Iphone every release of software upgradation, it has his own problem and glitches and it was rectified with next release:) same applies here too.. If i am wrong in quote sorry..

seriously? the X10 s not as good as the PV8? that's odd, becuase the new Samsung plasmas are supposed to be superior to last year's.....and I would expect Panasonic also to be moving in the same direction.

2. better motion pictures due to 600Hz speed

600Hz sub field driving has very little to do with motion. Its more to do with the panel's ability to produce gradation of colors accurately. As far as advertisements go, its just to counter "200 Hz" from LCD camp.

If you check Samsung Plasma , they claim 600Hz and 100hz ( 600hz for sub field driving, and 100hz motion)
Have a look here to get some idea on 600Hz sub field ( I too was initially suckered into this number, but then i did some research).

What Is The Difference Between 120Hz (LCD TVs) and 600Hz (Plasma TVs)?

However, from what I have read here and elsewhere, it does little to improve the picture.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back