42ST30 Impressions.

DLNA -feature in P42ST30D : I am simply enjoying the DLNA compatible media server in this system. I could stream music and video from my iMac (using iSedro app), iPad (Mediaconnect app) and from my android (Bubble uPnP app) phone as well wihtout any wire..!! I could also play a DVD in my iMac and watch it in my HDTV simply awesome..! Is there a way to screen cast the iMac using this DLNA feature..? Since my iMac doesn't have a HDMI input/output i can't connect my HDTV to my iMac using HDMI cable?! Also is there a way to display the subtitles when I stream movies from my computer..?! I am very much satisfied with this easy to use (operate) TH-P42ST30D plasma TV..! Best value for money..!
-Thamizhavel.

Hey Thamizh,
I am planning to buy 42ST30D, but i am going to spend major time watching 2D. Is this the best option or should i look for P42U30 . Please let me know. Thanks

Hey Thamizh,
I am planning to buy 42ST30D, but i am going to spend major time watching 2D. Is this the best option or should i look for P42U30 . Please let me know. Thanks

If budget is no concern go for ST30D. The picture quality is far ahead of U30.

Dear All,
I was quoted 50 K for 42ST30 (including one 3D glass) and It is a demo Piece .(The fresh one was 70K) usage hours is around less than 100 hrs and some small scratches on bezel. But my native is Erode (near Coimbatore) and I have asked for Blue Dart for shipping and they are charging Rs.240 per kg. so for ST30 which is 23 Kg it comes to Rs. 5500

is there any other Logistics/Shipping service cheaper and reliable?

Last edited:
Kingfisher= Check if its a demo piece. I was almost lured into buying a demo piece for the price you quote at a Croma. I booked an ST30 for 59 k today with 2 pairs of glasses at the company showroom. Check this link for showroom addresses in your town Panasonic Brand Shop | Panasonic India

Hi Amateur2012,
Would it be possible to send a PM/share the quotation/invoice of the bill. I have been quoted 61K for 42ST30D with 2 pairs of 3D glasses in Bengaluru pana brand shop. This would be of great help as I can bargain hard to bring it down to this price.

Thanks
Ravi

Kingfisher= Check if its a demo piece. I was almost lured into buying a demo piece for the price you quote at a Croma. I booked an ST30 for 59 k today with 2 pairs of glasses at the company showroom. Check this link for showroom addresses in your town Panasonic Brand Shop | Panasonic India

Thanks Amateur2012.

I have just booked ST30 at Croma for 60K with 2 3D glasses.:)
but they refused to home deliver as my home is not in Chennai.

I am again worried abt transporting all the way to my Native :sad:

Congratulations Kingfisher!! Hope you have checked that the piece is brand new. I am still trying to get mine replaced since i was delivered a used one.

Congratulations Kingfisher!! Hope you have checked that the piece is brand new. I am still trying to get mine replaced since i was delivered a used one.

But I did not check that. I simply paid advance to book. Tomorrow or day after tomorrow I am going to pay remaining amount and then only they will deliver at home.What time I supposed to check? What is the procedure?

Please make sure you follow the below steps to check if your TV is not a demo/used piece. Unlike me please check this in the presence of the installation guy and return the tv immediately if found to be used.

Usage time check for Panasonic

The Official "How to Check the Hours Used on Your Plasma" Thread:

2011 Models : _X3 / S30 / ST30 / GT30 / VT30
2010 Models : _X24 / C2 / U2 / S2 / G20 / G25 / GT20 / GT25 / VT20 / VT25

* Press and hold the {VOL -} button ON THE PLASMA TV.
* Then press the {INFO} button on the remote control 3 times.

* "Start Adjustment Menu" message will be displayed followed
by the Service Menu after few seconds.

o ADJUST {Picture Adjustment}
o WB-ADJUST {White Balance Adjustment}
o OPTION {Option Setting}
o V-SUS {V-SUS Adjustment}
o AGING
o SRV-TOOL {Service Tool}
{1} & {2} buttons move through options

* Press the {2} button once to select "SRV-TOOL".

* Then press the {OK} button to access it.

* Using the cursor keys, highlight the right side
of the last item "PTCT :00.00.00.00.00" :

* Then press and hold the {MUTE} button for 3 seconds.

* Time and Count will be displayed in red color:

__TIME = Hours : Minutes of operation.
COUNT = Times the Plasma was powered on.

* To exit, unplug the power cable.

WARNING BY BRUZZI: The {VOL+} and {VOL-} buttons are used
to change values while in the Service Menu. Make sure not to touch
those buttons when navigating menus / sub-menus.

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back