42ST30 Impressions.

Strange of Panasonic to not bring 42GT30 & 42VT30 models to India fast, when already released all over Asia. Clearly they havent understood that not bringing the latest models will hurt them bad.

I guess they will bring soon as the old stocks move out. That could be one reason for the huge price drop in 2010 models.

Allajunaki,

With what settings are u running your ST30?, hope you would have crossed 100 hrs. currently i'm running my ST30 in Dymanic mode by reducing the Contrast level to 50.

I have a Denon 3808 7.1 AV receiver (i guess 3D TV's were not launched when i bought this), if i want to connect a 3D bluray player should i connect the HDMI out to the TV or can i still run it thru my receiver to my ST30?.

if 3D sources should be only connected directly to my TV will i b able to get 7.1 audio (Lossless audio like DTS True HD) thru the optical cable when connected to the AV receiver from the 3D Blu ray player?.

Checked the price of the 42ST30 at Panasonic brand shop in Koramangala. They refused to come down below 70K. Anyone got a better quote in Bangalore?

Checked the price of the 42ST30 at Panasonic brand shop in Koramangala. They refused to come down below 70K. Anyone got a better quote in Bangalore?

Go to Devi international , jaya nagar. They were quoting 67 over phone. Bargain hard.

Reconfirmed again for 67k. You can call Ramesh @ Devi International. Not hard to get another 1000Rs discount when you go to the store.

May be to push out the old stocks. Most of V, VT and GT models are last manufactured in Sep or OCT 2010. You are lucky if you can get more recent one.
true..I got a piece manufactured in Oct 2010 and was wondering whether I got the dumped stock ..My dealer said that he has just received this piece before 2 months and I was doubting that..but that solves my query...

@ALLAJUNAKI

To put it straight :-

Would you recommend buying Panasonic 42ST30D, other options being LG 42LW6500 and sony 40NX720 ?

I am currently torn between the same 3 models, expect that with Sony, I preferred an EX instead of the NX (blame it on the price!).

Anyway, I demoed the 42ST30 at Pai on Chord road yesterday and have to admit that I was totally impressed with the PQ(colour tones, warmth ...) , esp. with SD content, HD being far superior on the Panny than the others.

Whats holding me are: flicker with 3D content (as with any active 3D set, but slightly more with the Panny) and the price of the glasses (a whopping 9 grand a piece).

LG LW6500's passive cinema 3D is really convenience at its best - awesome 2D -> 3D and very good 3D playback. The box is a bit pricey at 96k and SD PQ just above average.

Sony EX720 has crosstalk issues with 3D, not sure if the glasses in the future will change that! They cost less than half the Panny ones. The set itself is in between the two in terms of price and so is the PQ.

For me, 3D is a consideration, I'd not a say its a deal breaker, but what with 3D broadcasts and quality content only increasing by the day, I don't consider the day far when a family of 4 or 6 would want to watch a 3D blockbuster, together .

Anyway, I should have a decision shortly.

Cheers,
Pannags

PS: Thanks to Allajunaki for a superb review and Kittu1977 for his valuable inputs

Last edited:
hey guys
do you think the price of the pana 42st30 will come down to 55k by january 2012 or am i just dreaming!!:lol:
thanks!!

hey guys
do you think the price of the pana 42st30 will come down to 55k by january 2012 or am i just dreaming!!:lol:
thanks!!

On a lighter note, there'll be a newer model with an appropriate price tag, whose price you'll have to hope will come down by mid year :p

ok!
i really cant extend my budget to 67k!:sad: max is 55k. just wanted to know,based on how these tv prices drop, if the 42st30 will be priced at 55k by jan or feb latest??
i know we cant predict like this but should i wait for about 3months or just go ahead and get a tv in my budget?? i am considering the samsung 43d90 or the samsung 40led 5 series. i know that the 42st30 is better than any of these tvs but by waiting for 3 months(not more than 3!!) will i get this tv for 55k??

thanks

ok!
i really cant extend my budget to 67k!:sad: max is 55k. just wanted to know,based on how these tv prices drop, if the 42st30 will be priced at 55k by jan or feb latest??
i know we cant predict like this but should i wait for about 3months or just go ahead and get a tv in my budget?? i am considering the samsung 43d90 or the samsung 40led 5 series. i know that the 42st30 is better than any of these tvs but by waiting for 3 months(not more than 3!!) will i get this tv for 55k??

thanks

Wait till devali.. Even then the prices wont come to 55k.
Having watched this set in person today, I can strongy recommend this set.

With 0% emis in picture, the budgets are more or less irrelevent..
To give you an example, my friend just purchased the 50VT20 for 80k with 30k down payment and 50k in 18 emis which comes to 2.77k per month.
Get the TV you like and you wont repent.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back