42ST30 Impressions.

what to do before purchasing 42ST30 .

a) should the A-board be got replaced first as soon as one gets the delivery (will the showroom/brand shop people do the same) or

b)one should wait for the fluctuating brightness problem to arise and then complain.

what to do before purchasing 42ST30 .

a) should the A-board be got replaced first as soon as one gets the delivery (will the showroom/brand shop people do the same) or

b)one should wait for the fluctuating brightness problem to arise and then complain.

In Bangalore, the Panasonic brand shop guys are totally blank when told about fluctuating brightness, so I would not depend on showroom/brand shop guys knowing anything beyond what is a plasma TV and what is an LCD TV.

In Bangalore, the Panasonic brand shop guys are totally blank when told about fluctuating brightness, so I would not depend on showroom/brand shop guys knowing anything beyond what is a plasma TV and what is an LCD TV.

It would be really helpful if the owners of Pana ST30 tell us what they have done to get the A-board changed.

Whom should we call and how to get it replaced sooner or later

Thanks in advance

Don't worry much about the FB problem, set's made after Aug 2011 won't have this issue. i purchased 50ST30 in Mid september and i got a set which was manufactured in Aug 2011. so go ahead and do your purchase...

Last edited:
Guys, Im sure a lot of you wont even notice FBr. Well, My wife and none of my friends could. And even for me, its extremely subtle and something I would not worry too much. I have not yet contacted the Panasonic folks for this issue.

Guys, Im sure a lot of you wont even notice FBr. Well, My wife and none of my friends could. And even for me, its extremely subtle and something I would not worry too much. I have not yet contacted the Panasonic folks for this issue.

Just called the Panasonic service center they said they have no idea about FBr issue and if u have purchased one with this issue then you will have to bring the set to the service center.

So the 3 year warranty offered by the Panasonic is not an onsite warranty i guess, is this true.

And as per the link below, buyers of this model are having a tough time replacing their A-board.
2011 Panasonic Fluctuating Brightness Master Discussion Thread

Don't worry much about the FB problem, set's made after Aug 2011 won't have this issue. i purchased 50ST30 in Mid september and i got a set which was manufactured in Aug 2011. so go ahead and do your purchase...

That's because you bought a 50". A 42" would have a manufacturing date of May or June or July as they would have been imported in August. I don't think they imported a lot of 50" sets unlike the more popular 42".

Am a new joinee, catching up with older posts ... :)
Couldnt help appreciate this response...
"The way I see it is, you can always buy HT later; but you will not be able to by the additional 8" Of tv later, can you? "
Very well said... :clapping:

I became the proud owner of Panasonic TH-42ST30 last sunday. I simply enjoy viewing the HD channels in this wonderful TV. I wanted to know from the other owners whether a 3D eyewear was included in the BOX..? when I unboxed it much to my dismay i did not find a 3D eyewear in it. I am just wondering if my dealer here in mumbai has taken it out of the box..? B'coz the panasonic india website clearly mentions that there is one 3D eyewear included. I will be happy to hear from the owners of 42ST30 if the 3D eyewear is included in their box..? SO that I can get back to my dealer and ask for it..?! Looking forward to hear,
Best
Thamizhavel.

I became the proud owner of Panasonic TH-42ST30 last sunday. I simply enjoy viewing the HD channels in this wonderful TV. I wanted to know from the other owners whether a 3D eyewear was included in the BOX..? when I unboxed it much to my dismay i did not find a 3D eyewear in it. I am just wondering if my dealer here in mumbai has taken it out of the box..? B'coz the panasonic india website clearly mentions that there is one 3D eyewear included. I will be happy to hear from the owners of 42ST30 if the 3D eyewear is included in their box..? SO that I can get back to my dealer and ask for it..?! Looking forward to hear,
Best
Thamizhavel.

Got mine delivered on Sunday as well. Enjoying HD on it. It was a fresh set with 0 count and 0hrs.:D

Mine got delivered without any 3D glasses as well. Dealer has promised to hand them over tomorrow. But they are called out specifically in the bill. Do talk to your dealer.

Enjoy :)

Thanx Rgn1 and kittu for the reply. I have to contact the dealer today regarding the 3D Eyewear.

By the way, How to check the usage hours of the TV in TH-P42ST30D..?:D
-Thamizhavel.

Got mine delivered on Sunday as well. Enjoying HD on it. It was a fresh set with 0 count and 0hrs.:D

Mine got delivered without any 3D glasses as well. Dealer has promised to hand them over tomorrow. But they are called out specifically in the bill. Do talk to your dealer.

Enjoy :)
Does it mean that TH-P42ST30D does not include a 3D-eyewear in the box..? When I contacted the Panasonic India, they mentioned that one 3D-eyewear is included in the box. But my dealer is still saying it is not included in the box..? However, the dealer told me that he will let me know tomorrow whether he will give me 3D-eyewear or not.
-Thamizhavel.

Does it mean that TH-P42ST30D does not include a 3D-eyewear in the box..? When I contacted the Panasonic India, they mentioned that one 3D-eyewear is included in the box. But my dealer is still saying it is not included in the box..? However, the dealer told me that he will let me know tomorrow whether he will give me 3D-eyewear or not.
-Thamizhavel.

Return the TV if he is not giving 3D-eyewear and buy from another dealer.

I wrote an email to Panasonic customer care stating that there was no 3D glass in the BOX of 42ST30D. The Pany customer care promptly responded to my email and called me over phone and informed that one 3D glass is available with this System. They told that they will talk to my dealer and will get me the 3D glass as early as possible.

DLNA -feature in P42ST30D : I am simply enjoying the DLNA compatible media server in this system. I could stream music and video from my iMac (using iSedro app), iPad (Mediaconnect app) and from my android (Bubble uPnP app) phone as well wihtout any wire..!! I could also play a DVD in my iMac and watch it in my HDTV simply awesome..! Is there a way to screen cast the iMac using this DLNA feature..? Since my iMac doesn't have a HDMI input/output i can't connect my HDTV to my iMac using HDMI cable?! Also is there a way to display the subtitles when I stream movies from my computer..?! I am very much satisfied with this easy to use (operate) TH-P42ST30D plasma TV..! Best value for money..!
-Thamizhavel.

DLNA -feature in P42ST30D : I am simply enjoying the DLNA compatible media server in this system. I could stream music and video from my iMac (using iSedro app), iPad (Mediaconnect app) and from my android (Bubble uPnP app) phone as well wihtout any wire..!! I could also play a DVD in my iMac and watch it in my HDTV simply awesome..! Is there a way to screen cast the iMac using this DLNA feature..? Since my iMac doesn't have a HDMI input/output i can't connect my HDTV to my iMac using HDMI cable?! Also is there a way to display the subtitles when I stream movies from my computer..?! I am very much satisfied with this easy to use (operate) TH-P42ST30D plasma TV..! Best value for money..!
-Thamizhavel.

Currently I am also facing a similar problem.

I have macbook white late 2009 edition, which has mini dvi out. I have connected mini-dvi to hdmi converter.

Picture now runs perfectly on my P42ST30D but there is no sound as the mini-dvi doesnt carries sound signal.

I suggest you check about your iMac on the web n check whether your iMac's mini-dvi carries sound signal. If yes then get this mini-dvi to hdmi converter n all your problems will be solved.

BTW please someone tell me how to check usage hours in P42ST30D:confused:

Currently I am also facing a similar problem.

I have macbook white late 2009 edition, which has mini dvi out. I have connected mini-dvi to hdmi converter.

Picture now runs perfectly on my P42ST30D but there is no sound as the mini-dvi doesnt carries sound signal.

I suggest you check about your iMac on the web n check whether your iMac's mini-dvi carries sound signal. If yes then get this mini-dvi to hdmi converter n all your problems will be solved.

BTW please someone tell me how to check usage hours in P42ST30D:confused:

Check the first post on this thread:
http://www.hifivision.com/television/21554-panasonic-st30-owners-thread.html :eek:hyeah:

Enjoy!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back