42ST30 Impressions.

Congrats!. Yes, I know I should have got the 2011 Model. But quite honestly, Im not inclined to getting it replaced at the moment. :D
I should be getting the Xpand X103, which will become "my glass" :D

Congrats sunshine Buddy:clapping:, Post some nice pictures pls:cool:.
Expecting this beauty next week:yahoo:. as lots of kids aged around 2 to 4 years visit our home often:mad:, I have decided to wall mount it with a table below it with lots of speakers and goods on it so that they cannot reach it.
Kindly let me know how is the wall mount quality provided by panasonic for the 50 inch model....is it strong enough or do i need to look at something else? Any more precautions to take before i wall mount. Need inputs pls Dear Allajunakior any body

Friends,

Finally i bought my 50ST30 for 1 Lac with 1 3D glass from panasonic brand shop, not sure if i will get the wireless keyboard which is this month's offer. The dealer was not sure if panasonic is offering Avatar 3D with this purchase and assured me that he will get it for me if it was offered. Even 50VT20 was available but they were not ready to come down below 1 Lac.

Many thanks to Allajunaki and Kittu for their suggestions and info. they gave me throughout my TV search which made me to go for the 50 inch size. In fact when viewed from 17 feet it gives me a feeling that i should have gone for the next size. :)

The installation & wall mounting is done. I only had a SCV Set top box and wanted to buy Airtel HD DTH before getting the TV but didn't get a chance to do it... To my surprise the SD channels looked good in 50ST30 even when viewed thru SCV Set top box. I'm sure HD box will have even better quality, checked HD videos and they looked awsome. Im running the TV with Eco mode on and i didn't experience any FB till now. I guess the manufacture date was mentioned as Aug 2011 and the date of import was Sept 2011 (mentioned in the box pack).

@ Allajunaki, page 26 from the product manual says that it's supplied with TY-EW3D2MA which is 2011 rechargeable 3D glass, i used it and didn't experience any flicker even with room lights on. Also the salesman confirmed that u should be only getting 2011 model 3D glass, so please call your dealer and get ur 3D glasses replaced.

Many Congrats :)

The Mounts provided by them is quite good. On my wall they drilled 8 holes to mount the Base stand.

Congrats sunshine Buddy:clapping:, Post some nice pictures pls:cool:.
Expecting this beauty next week:yahoo:. as lots of kids aged around 2 to 4 years visit our home often:mad:, I have decided to wall mount it with a table below it with lots of speakers and goods on it so that they cannot reach it.
Kindly let me know how is the wall mount quality provided by panasonic for the 50 inch model....is it strong enough or do i need to look at something else? Any more precautions to take before i wall mount. Need inputs pls Dear Allajunakior any body

Congrats Sunshine let us have your feedback.

@ Allajunaki you did a wonderful user review. It was very informative and helped solve all our queries and doubts.

Friends,

Finally i bought my 50ST30 for 1 Lac with 1 3D glass from panasonic brand shop, not sure if i will get the wireless keyboard which is this month's offer. The dealer was not sure if panasonic is offering Avatar 3D with this purchase and assured me that he will get it for me if it was offered. Even 50VT20 was available but they were not ready to come down below 1 Lac.

Many thanks to Allajunaki and Kittu for their suggestions and info. they gave me throughout my TV search which made me to go for the 50 inch size. In fact when viewed from 17 feet it gives me a feeling that i should have gone for the next size. :)

The installation & wall mounting is done. I only had a SCV Set top box and wanted to buy Airtel HD DTH before getting the TV but didn't get a chance to do it... To my surprise the SD channels looked good in 50ST30 even when viewed thru SCV Set top box. I'm sure HD box will have even better quality, checked HD videos and they looked awsome. Im running the TV with Eco mode on and i didn't experience any FB till now. I guess the manufacture date was mentioned as Aug 2011 and the date of import was Sept 2011 (mentioned in the box pack).

@ Allajunaki, page 26 from the product manual says that it's supplied with TY-EW3D2MA which is 2011 rechargeable 3D glass, i used it and didn't experience any flicker even with room lights on. Also the salesman confirmed that u should be only getting 2011 model 3D glass, so please call your dealer and get ur 3D glasses replaced.

Congratz Sunshine for the purchase. Any idea on the best price of 42St30 in chennai.

My requirement is the highest end 42" Pana Plasma TV available in Indian market, legally bought here with warranty.

I came across the impressive Pana 42ST30 - but then doing some research I found that the G & V series are superior than the S series.

Is this correct? Is TH-P42VT30 available in India? I dont see it on Panasonic site.

Does anyone know if this can be purchased in Mumbai & where?

I was planning to go for 50st30. got a quote for 1 lac. got a shocker today morning. 50 vt20 is being offered at 83k. Now i am in a dilemna. Is st30 worth 20k more than vt20.Any expert advice please. Reply urgently cos i have to take decision tomoro

Dear Allajunaki help pls.

I was planning to go for 50st30. got a quote for 1 lac. got a shocker today morning. 50 vt20 is being offered at 83k. Now i am in a dilemna. Is st30 worth 20k more than vt20.Any expert advice please. Reply urgently cos i have to take decision tomoro

Dev,

50VT20 is available for 78k. :) And 50ST30 for 97.

It is like comparing last year's samsung 8 series with this year's 6 series. For absolute 3D, ST30 could be better because of the VT20 being 1st gen. But for 2D, VT20 definetely is BETTER for lesser.

It is like comparing last year's samsung 8 series with this year's 6 series. For absolute 3D, ST30 could be better because of the VT20 being 1st gen. But for 2D, VT20 definetely is BETTER for lesser.

In that case vt20 is a very good buy at 78k. 3d viewing might be hardly 5%. BTW How much will the floating blacks and rising blacks be a concern in this set.

Sorry guys, was sick for the last 2 days and didn't get a chance to reply... thanks for all your wishes...

i got a chance to do a side by side comparison btw 50VT20 & 50ST30 when i was shopping for my TV, in dymanic mode ST30 was good and in THX mode VT20 was good but the True Cinema mode in ST30 had the same PQ. Even the salesman confirmed that True cinema will have the same effect of THX mode.

3D was definitely good in ST30 but comes with only 1 3D glass. i was told that only 2011 models has fast moving phosphors. I got the same quote of 1 Lac for both ST30, if i was offered 78K for Vt20 may be i would have gone for Vt20......

83k vs 1L . No competition. VT20.
ST30 is good. But VT20 is a much better panel for 2D.
ST30 has a faster phosphor than VT20. But that will be hardly noticeable (since VT20 is a fast panel to begin with).

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back