46 inch plus TV .. HX750 or HX850 or ST50

Woah Woah Woah Srujan !! Dude you seem to be a BIG Sony fan. All the products in your signature are Sony ;)

Same pinch :p

P.S. Where's your Sony XPERIA ? That seems to be a major absentee in your siggy LOL

Yeah, I love that Brand :eek:hyeah: , hmm xperia was missing :)

^^^ You don't have to upload. You can just link from ImageShack.

:thumbsup:

Post your settings buddy. :)

My Settings are Like This

--Picture Adjustments menu--
Setting Memory: Input
Scene: General
Picture Mode: Standard
Backlight: 6- AGAIN ADJUST BACKLIGHT TO TASTE, BUT DYNAMIC LED STANDARD DIMS THE PICTURE A BIT
Picture: 95
Brightness: 50
Color: 50
Hue: 0
Color Temperature: Neutral
Sharpness: 50
Noise Reduction: Auto
Reality Creation: Auto
Video Area Detection: Auto
Resolution: 50 [Greyed out]
Noise Filtering: Min [Greyed out]
Smooth Gradation: Low
Motionflow: Standard
CineMotion: Auto 1
--Advanced Settings menu--
Black Corrector: Auto
Adv. Contrast Enhancer: Auto
Gamma: 0
LED Dynamic Control: Standard
Auto Light Limiter: Off
Clear White: Off
Live Color: Off
Detail Enhancer: Off
Edge Enhancer: Off
Skin Naturalizer: Off [grayed out]
i/p Conversion Preference: Quality [grayed out]
--White Balance sub-menu--
R-Gain: 0
G-Gain: 0
B-Gain: 0
R-Bias: 0
G-Bias: 0
B-Bias: 0
--Screen menu--
Setting Memory: [any]
Wide Mode: Full
Auto Wide: Off
4:3 Default: Off [grayed out]
Auto Display Area: Off
Display Area: Full Pixel
Screen Position: [grayed out]
Vertical Size: 0 [grayed out]
--Pro Picture Setup menu--
[all settings default/Auto] AGAIN SET TO FULL IF YOU USE RGB FULL
--Eco menu--
Power Saving: Off
Light Sensor: Off

With Samy coming out with 51E8000 at 83k with the tab2, I think now the entire equation has changed... considering that this is now the best value for money TV.. a 51 incher at effective price of less than 70k vs 1.1lacs 46 incher HX850..... let me see this one in the showroom this weekend, to feel how is the PQ? .. so far there are reviews which compares it with the likes of VT50, which is top of the line Pana... but almost all the reviews says it is good, if not excellent.. anyone here has first hand experience..

I have a quote of around 1.15 lac, which I believe can be negotiated to 1.1 lacs for 46HX850.. never bothered about 55HX850.. too costly for the additional 9 inches (10K per inch :D ).. and you'll get whatever Sony festive offers are as additional freebies (nothing khaas) .. BTW I live in Navi Mumbai ..

Thanks. I too am tempted with the 51e8000 (low price) along with the freebies Samsung is offering(tab and 4 glasses) but for my living room looking at a bigger tv. Sony festive offer sucks! I think they had a better one before this, the one with PS3 and movie titles.

With Samy coming out with 51E8000 at 83k with the tab2, I think now the entire equation has changed... considering that this is now the best value for money TV.. a 51 incher at effective price of less than 70k vs 1.1lacs 46 incher HX850..... let me see this one in the showroom this weekend, to feel how is the PQ? .. so far there are reviews which compares it with the likes of VT50, which is top of the line Pana... but almost all the reviews says it is good, if not excellent.. anyone here has first hand experience..

please let us know how you find it............ensure you dim the lights before :)

Though it might not be much helpful, you can ask me and just4kix any questions you may have as we both have seen ST50 and HX850 (he owns the ST50 and demoed HX850)

Many thanks for these very useful comments
I understand that Plasma is a great energy guzzler. I think the Panasonic P50ST50D consumes 420 watts against 78 watts by Samsung UA55ES6200R. With an average of say 10 hours of daily viewing, will mean a significant difference in monthly electricity bill.
This recurring additional usage cost will offset the difference in purchase cost.

Completely wrong assumption. While it is true that LED will consume less electricity than plasma, it is totally untrue that the plasma will consume its rated power.

The plasma TV will consume its full power in FULL WHITE mode, i.e., screen shows nothing but a brilliant white screen. During normal operation it consumes much less power. If you have a room with less ambient light, it will allow you to reduce contrast and brightness. This serves three purposes:

- you get pictures with deep inky blacks enhancing the overall colours and PQ
- you protect the panel from image retention
- you cut down on electricity usage significantly

I have been using the 50ST50 TV since late July. My electricity bill has not increased at all. In fact, it reduced a little because I got rid of the CRT in the bargain.

Please check: [post=446244]Plasma TV and the high power consumption argument[/post]

p/s. There are other ways to control electricity consumption and bill. It is mentioned a few posts below in the above thread.

I understand that Plasma is a great energy guzzler. I think the Panasonic P50ST50D consumes 420 watts against 78 watts by Samsung UA55ES6200R. With an average of say 10 hours of daily viewing, will mean a significant difference in monthly electricity bill.
This recurring additional usage cost will offset the difference in purchase cost.

I don't think so. In fact just4kix who owns 50ST50 found nothing abnormal in his electric bill. He has been tracking the energy consumption regularly and found no jump in the consumption. This is the practical data from the onwer of a ST50.

Coming to the watt rating in the spec (420 watts), 50ST50 will not always consume that power in reality. If the TV is watched with max contrast/brigthness and if the video content is mostly of bright light, then ST50 might end up consuming around 420 watts. In reality, no one will have such a high setting for contrast/brigthness and not all the portions of the movie will be bright. As far as the settings of ST50 used by the owners, they generally keep both contrast and brigthness levels below 50 (at least in India). And also you would be knowing that most of the big/famous Hollywood movies have more darker scenes.

Could someone confirm me that,my priority is watching sport and i am not a much movie watching type will plasma suit my taste or LED would be fine?

Could someone confirm me that,my priority is watching sport and i am not a much movie watching type will plasma suit my taste or LED would be fine?
Plasma is suitable for everything. For sports and fast moving action, plasma is better because the basic technology does not suffer from lag times and consequently does not require high refresh rates, motion smoothening, etc.

You have to take care of the plasma panel though.

You are comparing apples to oranges. The 420 you are referring to is the rated power consumption of P50ST50D. The UA55ES6200R has a rated power consumption of 273 W as far as my knowledge goes. It is their marketing strategy that mention only the so called "Typical Power Consumption" as 78 W in their specs. I have not seen any other information in this regard except for Samsung's official specs, and I can't take it on face value. Professional reviews on P50ST50D mention a typical power consumption of 120 watts.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back