46 inch plus TV .. HX750 or HX850 or ST50

Plasma is suitable for everything. For sports and fast moving action, plasma is better because the basic technology does not suffer from lag times and consequently does not require high refresh rates, motion smoothening, etc.

You have to take care of the plasma panel though.

Yes read you article on IR and burn issues,well explained.Thanks.

many thanks for the clarification re power consumption
Could some one please tell me why the Sony HX 750 does not play .mkv movies vis USB and Samsung Es 6200 r does?
Can the Sony be modified to play mkv by adding codecs etc
Regards

If it helps decision making, I bought a Sony HX850 just last week & its blacks, edge dimming, image quality, colors, gaming.. is just out of the world. Decent smart TV performance, superb internet connectivity.. plays all USB/DLNA stuff except some type of MKVs. Great 3D stutter free viewing for the kids.

If it helps decision making, I bought a Sony HX850 just last week & its blacks, edge dimming, image quality, colors, gaming.. is just out of the world. Decent smart TV performance, superb internet connectivity.. plays all USB/DLNA stuff except some type of MKVs. Great 3D stutter free viewing for the kids.

I think you meant " local dimming".:)

HX850 has Dynamic EDGE LED w Local Dimming. So can't be termed a "local dimming" set.

Thats exactly what I meant :) in brief. This gives a great edge to edge picture & works very well even in bright sunlight The panel also has a glass shield over it, this works as protection but at an acute angle.. say 30-40% you can see reflections.

HX850 has Dynamic EDGE LED w Local Dimming. So can't be termed a "local dimming" set.

Yes. It may not be technically a local dimming set.
If "edge dimming" is a short form of "Dynamic edge led w local dimming" , then that's fine.

Thanks.

I and a friend of mine were looking for the 50UT50 plasma but unfortunately the ut50 is out of stock. we even stuck a deal but were just a tad late before the stocks got out. now we are actually planning to go for the st50. please let me know if any one would join us in the group buy for the st50 so we can negotiate a better deal

I and a friend of mine were looking for the 50UT50 plasma but unfortunately the ut50 is out of stock. we even stuck a deal but were just a tad late before the stocks got out. now we are actually planning to go for the st50. please let me know if any one would join us in the group buy for the st50 so we can negotiate a better deal

The ST50 is even better than the UT50, at least on paper. You should be able to get the 50ST50 for 95k easily and at 90k with some smart negotiating.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Where are you from? I am from Hyderabad and I didnt find ST50 anywhere in stores or online. I am in for any deal on 50ST50 anywhere.

ST50 has nowadays become an Urban legend!. Everyone talks about it it but no one has seen one.:lol:

Frankly, I could never understand the Panasonic strategy. First they have a damn good plasma lineup, the most from the existing three plasma manufacturers today, which they actually promote. Then they make so few sets that within 4 months of launch (May, 2012), there is no stock anywhere. It was then rumoured that they are keen to close shop. But come 2013, they announce new 2013 lineup. What is the point of all this?

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Frankly, I could never understand the Panasonic strategy. First they have a damn good plasma lineup, the most from the existing three plasma manufacturers today, which they actually promote. Then they make so few sets that within 4 months of launch (May, 2012), there is no stock anywhere. It was then rumoured that they are keen to close shop. But come 2013, they announce new 2013 lineup. What is the point of all

Like a movie star... always be in news..be in controversies !;)

ST50 has nowadays become an Urban legend!. Everyone talks about it it but no one has seen one.:lol:

Agree, Panasonic never understood the Indian premium buyer, they never brought in the smaller size VT models so highly rated abroad.. this is the only reason i picked up a Sony HX 850 over a Pana.

:thumbsup: Really a good one.... Can't agree more.. I have been trying to locate one to have a demo for last many months.. still to see a real piece.. Now I think after 2-3 months I will get to see the next gen ST60.. :lol:

They probably don't care for minuscule demand from India (like apple). I checked out Sony 46HX850(1.1 l), Sammy 46ES7500(1.15 l) and Sammy 51ES550(74k) over the weekend. Liked 46ES7500 (for features, all format playback, good PQ, HT offer etc.) However, one dealer asked me to hold on till next weekend for Pana ST/GT series. I haven't seen any of Pana UT/ST/GT models. However, I am going by rave reviews all around and want to wait for these babies to hit the stores.

mallikygoanand .. For an 3D LED, my choice will be 46HX850.. that one is too good.. If you want value for money E550 (presently)..

I have seen UT50 and GT50.. UT50 is a good enough set .. but GT50 takes the cake.. when I saw it few months back the price was quite high.. around 1.25L.. never had a chance to see ST50.. but the reviews of the various owners says that it is almost as good as GT50.. One additional issue in my opinion with Plasmas is that it is a bit bulkier Panel .. and don't give a slim/ sleek look & feel of a Samy 7,8 series or HX850 etc..

Have you tried to locate Samy 51E8000 as well, though most stores don't have one, some stores has it.. I think Reliance Digital & Kohinoor of Vashi had stock (they have it on display atleast)

Have you tried to locate Samy 51E8000 as well, though most stores don't have one, some stores has it.. I think Reliance Digital & Kohinoor of Vashi had stock (they have it on display atleast)

Thanks Manzb. There is no Sammy 51E8000 anywhere in Hyderabad at least. I see them in stock in Delhi/Gurgaon in samsung e-store for 95k.
Sony HX850 is darn good. But the price/features is what is holding me back. 7 series sammy has shit load of features (gesture controls, future ready, camera, HT free) at the same price point. PQ may be inferior to Sony HX850, but in terms of overall value, I thought Sammy makes sense.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back