4K HDR10 LED TV 55 Inches+ under 70k

I think I should take the blame here , I should have mentioned the settings part....., ..... you need to enable the enhanced mode and then choose HDR Dynamic from pic settings and then you will see the difference.... my fault ....apologies..

No problem dude. I figured it on the same day itself :)

Download some HDR movie trailers... and play using Kodi/SPMC on shield .....keeping 4K 60 hz 4:4:4 ....you will not be disappointed......

I had already downloaded a lot of them. All were amazing. Especially the Wonderland by Samsung. 4k HDR 60fps. That's just amazing.

Guys I am also looking for 4K 55 " .How are the New Brands blaupunkt ,Thomson comparing to Iffalcon ? (Made some study and found Iffalcon is better than MI )

Any Owners review ?

Panasonic FX600D series looks good. Had in depth demo at Panasonic Showroom. If you have the budget you can go for 650D or higher variants.

I would suggest the 650d over 600d as it has a better bright panel far better motion but the only downside is extra reddish tone on skin after comparing with lg uk63 plus they have a 1+3 yrs warranty which no other company gives

Two More New Series of TV - Mi 4A Pro 55 " and Iffalco 50 ,65 & 70 those are Google Certified Voice Search and Comes with Android 8 Oreo . Need to wait to get more reviews

Re: TCL's iFFALCON K2A 55 inch TV

Hi Dilip... thanks for your reply to my PM... as you asked for what specific things I want to know about, I am sharing the list here in the thread so that others can also benefit from it.

I am mainly interested in the picture quality as that is the most important part of any TV and we can always use other players for added features (I am going to use it with an HTPC).

Some points to consider in your review to see whether it has any of these benefits:

• good upscaling for lower than full HD content (including SD TV set-top box)

• good enough black levels (the black bars on top and bottom should not look grey; compare with a black object such as a mobile phone)

• minimum backlight bleeding from the edges (can test when running a full black photo file on it)

• low stutter (see CNBC channel's stock ticker and whether it is rolling smoothly or not; Sony handles this well in their high refresh rate TVs; cannot compare as this is 60hz, but see how bad is it here)

• high reflection (higher the reflection, the better... all high end OLED TV's have almost 100% reflection like a mirror as that makes the colours pop; but matte coating makes it dull and grainy; this is very important for me; I control the lights in the room to avoid glare)
- you can see pictures here: https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/picture-quality/reflections-screen-finish-matte-and-glossy
- eg: good: https://i.rtings.com/images/reviews/tv/lg/b8/b8-bright-room-off-large.jpg
- eg: bad: https://i.rtings.com/images/reviews/tv/tcl/s405/s405-bright-room-off-large.jpg
(zoom out to see the whole picture... see how you can see the lamp clearly in the reflection)

Based on the reviews I have seen, this TV is considered much better than Mi TV 4 or 4 Pro.

If you can share your own experience here, it would be helpful to those who are considering making a purchase in the upcoming Flipkart sale.

Hi everyone,

It has been around a month since I got this TV and here are my views in brief. Thanks to Niterider for listing a few points that he wanted me to cover.

To give you more background, my primary TV till I got this was Panasonic E6D (42 inches) and I was quite satisfied with its overall quality (barring not so smart, smart features). Went for this as I wanted something bigger (55 inches). I.e. I am not expert or a geek when it comes to TVs. So take my words with a pinch of salt and if required, please pose more specific questions to extract complete information.

Picture quality is excellent when playing 4k videos. I have played 4k HDR videos on inbuilt YouTube and Netflix apps and I am delighted with the results. They looked stunning and comparable to high end 4k TVs (of course not OLEDs) from Sony, Samsung and LG that I have come before, albeit briefly.

To check, I have downloaded Black Panther 4k file (35 GB) and played it via a hard disk. No complaints here as well.

Full HD channels look pretty good as well. Have mostly watched cricket via Videocon D2H and while of course, it looked inferior to 4k, it was as good as the HD channels on my 42 inches Panasonic Full HD TV. There was no blur or trail effect which I had noticed on Kodak TV at a friend's place, when playing fast paced sports or action sequences.

SD channels, while as expected do not look that great, it does a daily decent job keeping in mind its a 55 inches screen. Quality of SD channels is definitely better than MI TV.

I have played CNBC SD and HD. Whike the stutter is very evident on SD, it was fairly smooth on HD.

While back light bleeding is minimal, blacks are not as dark as I would have liked. I have played back-light bleeding test video on YouTube and have posted photos of it for your reference.

Also, I couldn't check reflection of tubelights, because of the placement of lights at my place. However, I did open the curtains and the main door to see the performance and it was normal when I positioned myself straight across the TV. Not that great at a side angle. Attaching pics again as you might be able to infer more than what I did.

Sound quality is pretty decent, but might get a sound bar in near future.

Haven't done gaming yet and will update you once I get hold of PS4.

Issues faced till now:

Installing Amazon Prime is very tricky. Sideloaded prime app, but it is still not working. Need to figure out a solution. Appreciate any help.

Voice recognition on smart remote has stopped working for some reason. While I am not really dependent on it, will raise a complaint with Iffalcon, to check how their after sales service is. Will update you.

Overall, I am satisfied with this TV and would recommend it if you want a VFM 55 inches TV.

Cheers!

Hey Guys,

I am looking to buy a 4k 55 inch TV. It would be great to have an HDR tv. I did a fair amount of research on Internet and I'm considering
1. Iffalcon K2A
2. Mi TV4 pro
3. Vu pixelight HDR 50 inch
4. Vu iconium 4k 55 inch

After reading reviews, MiTV doesn't appeal to me anymore and it is pretty hard to get hold of. Vu Pixelight seems to be unavailable in my area (Chennai). This leaves me with K2A and Vu Iconium. Iconium in flipkart says it supports HDR. Does it really support HDR? How is the picture quality? Anyone who has iconium, please share your experience.

Now a days almost all TV's claim that they have HDR. I am wondering whether that means they support HDR stream or they really display HDR content. Few FM's reviewed that K2A is pretty good. Not sure which one to go for. Please help me to decide. Thanks!

post_old.gif

Bought the 55 inch Sony X8500F. Got it for 1,10,000 and the 6k cash back offer and a free Sony Bluetooth speaker worth 10k after visiting many showrooms in NCR and comparing all brands. Was getting a LG for a great deal of 80k but somehow I couldn't convince myself due to better PQ in Sony. Will be installed day after tomorrow.

We have a Samsung and LG led as well which had been going great. However, side by side in PQ Sony beats all. LG had better features and speakers. That can be taken care off by a sound bar or home theatre.

It's funny how things work. I was going to buy the 55 inch Iffalcon and was getting a great deal in this sale too but then decided on seeing what all stuff is available and ended up paying for more than twice my initial preference. My plasma did more than 10 years brilliantly. I hope this Sony one does at least more than 5. My wife is still amazed how I spent so much on a TV when I keep telling her Xiaomi and One plus phones are VFM and Apple is for show offs.
Will update more after using for few days.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back