5.1.2 dolby Atmos setup on budget for 10*10 room

sumit_basu

Hi All,
I am Sumit from Kolkata and this is my first post. After going through numerous posts on this forum I have finally made my decision to build a Dolby Atmos setup in my living room. I have visited a few Hi-fi audio dealers in Kolkata for Demo. I need your views and help to get the best of my investment.

Requirment - 5.1.2 dolby Atmos.
Budget 80 K to start with
Room size 10*10.
Room type - living room , with sofa small study table and a fridge.
Window - Yes 1
Ratio - Movie 60% Music 40%

What is done?
The Speaker cable setup is done. (conceal)
Subwoofer cable setup is done (conceal) opposite wall of TV and beside Sofa.
in-ceiling speaker cutout is done

I am considering the below set up to start with and little by little will make it 5.1.2.
Denon AVR X1600H
Polk S20 Pair (L+R front)

After a few months
Polk S30
Polk DSW 10
A decent surround speaker may be S15
Polk Rc601i for in celling.

I am a little confused over brand preference for the speakers (5.1) as for AVR I think Denon 1660H is perfect in my budget.

Should I go for Polk Signature series, or Wharfedale Diamond 220, Klipsch RP 600m then buy affordable surround one or just cheap pioneer SP-BS22.
I do not mind going Mix n Match on speaker for the best sound output from my small room.
I can start with 2.0 then build as and when I can afford

Hi Sumit, welcome to the forum.

As a common practice, you shouldn't compromise on the quality of the speakers. Most of the dealers stock perfectly working used AVRs. You can get one at around 30-32k(original price of those would be double the amount). Use it for 2-3 years and as you upgrade/expand your setup, you will have the option to upgrade your AVR if you feel the need.
For speakers, you can have a look at the following options. I have suggested the ones suited for a small room.

Dali Oberon Vokal+Oberon 1(pair). This will be a 3.0 setup but and would come at around 60k after discounts. You can add the other speakers gradually. But the quality of sounds coming out will be probably unmatched.

Hello Sumit. Best of luck for your setup.
If you don’t mind, I would like to enquire about your avr choice. Please keep in consideration that I am a complete newbie to HiFi, so a lot of obvious things for others are not so obvious to me.
As you were going for atmos setup, there were two other options also in the same budget. Pioneer VSX834 and Denon X1400H, both costing ~40K on hifimart. I wish to know why you chose Denon X1600H over these two(the first factor is almost that 1600 seems a higher model)? Is there anything particular that you liked?
In near future, I will also be going for an atmos setup, that’s why I am interested in knowing more about your choice. I was preferring Pioneer VSX834 for myself.

If you don’t mind, I would like to enquire about your avr choice. Please keep in consideration that I am a complete newbie to HiFi, so a lot of obvious things for others are not so obvious to me.
As you were going for atmos setup, there were two other options also in the same budget. Pioneer VSX834 and Denon X1400H, both costing ~40K on hifimart. I wish to know why you chose Denon X1600H over these two(the first factor is almost that 1600 seems a higher model)? Is there anything particular that you liked?
In near future, I will also be going for an atmos setup, that’s why I am interested in knowing more about your choice. I was preferring Pioneer VSX834 for myself.
I got my answer. Just did the comparison. Sorry for bothering you before doing my own research.

Hi Nadir, yea initially one of profx team offered me Denon 1400x for about 42000, later I realized this model is a outdated one and discontinued and not available in Denon website also. I guess will not get any firmware update too.
If you like bass heavy sound then Pioneer is best for that. As I'm on a balance diet (music+movie) so Denon suites me.
By the way I just purchased the Denon 1600x for 44000 from local dealer.

Hi All,
I am Sumit from Kolkata and this is my first post. After going through numerous posts on this forum I have finally made my decision to build a Dolby Atmos setup in my living room. I have visited a few Hi-fi audio dealers in Kolkata for Demo. I need your views and help to get the best of my investment.

Requirment - 5.1.2 dolby Atmos.
Budget 80 K to start with
Room size 10*10.
Room type - living room , with sofa small study table and a fridge.
Window - Yes 1
Ratio - Movie 60% Music 40%

What is done?
The Speaker cable setup is done. (conceal)
Subwoofer cable setup is done (conceal) opposite wall of TV and beside Sofa.
in-ceiling speaker cutout is done

I am considering the below set up to start with and little by little will make it 5.1.2.
Denon AVR X1600H
Polk S20 Pair (L+R front)

After a few months
Polk S30
Polk DSW 10
A decent surround speaker may be S15
Polk Rc601i for in celling.

I am a little confused over brand preference for the speakers (5.1) as for AVR I think Denon 1660H is perfect in my budget.

Should I go for Polk Signature series, or Wharfedale Diamond 220, Klipsch RP 600m then buy affordable surround one or just cheap pioneer SP-BS22.
I do not mind going Mix n Match on speaker for the best sound output from my small room.
I can start with 2.0 then build as and when I can afford
I made my first purchase today Denon AVRX 1600H
Looking for speakers suggestions now.

Hi Sumit, welcome to the forum.

As a common practice, you shouldn't compromise on the quality of the speakers. Most of the dealers stock perfectly working used AVRs. You can get one at around 30-32k(original price of those would be double the amount). Use it for 2-3 years and as you upgrade/expand your setup, you will have the option to upgrade your AVR if you feel the need.
For speakers, you can have a look at the following options. I have suggested the ones suited for a small room.

Dali Oberon Vokal+Oberon 1(pair). This will be a 3.0 setup but and would come at around 60k after discounts. You can add the other speakers gradually. But the quality of sounds coming out will be probably unmatched.
Thanks Barun...for the suggestion

Hi Nadir, yea initially one of profx team offered me Denon 1400x for about 42000, later I realized this model is a outdated one and discontinued and not available in Denon website also. I guess will not get any firmware update too.
If you like bass heavy sound then Pioneer is best for that. As I'm on a balance diet (music+movie) so Denon suites me.
By the way I just purchased the Denon 1600x for 44000 from local dealer.
That’s a nice deal you got there.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back