5.1.2 possible with BA XS Speakers?..

madhanmss

Hi All,

Currently i own Denon x510bt and BA XS 5.1 speaker setup in my bedroom which also acts as a media room. Off late I am thinking of upgrading this setup to a 5.1.2 atmos. Obviously receiver will be upgraded to a suitable one. I am happy with the speakers i have now so would like to know if i add two more of these small cubes in the ceiling for a 5.1.2 setup? Or i need to go for new speakers by replacing the one i have? Please advise.

Thanks,
Madhan

Hi All,

Currently i own Denon x510bt and BA XS 5.1 speaker setup in my bedroom which also acts as a media room. Off late I am thinking of upgrading this setup to a 5.1.2 atmos. Obviously receiver will be upgraded to a suitable one. I am happy with the speakers i have now so would like to know if i add two more of these small cubes in the ceiling for a 5.1.2 setup? Or i need to go for new speakers by replacing the one i have? Please advise.

Yes.. 2 more of the same speaker on the ceiling is just enough..

Thanks Elango. That's good to hear. Need to see if i can get the cubes in market now..

I doubt if you would get the BA XS speakers now.. Anyways, try..

If not you can consider the inexpensive option of JBL control 1 (or) BIC America DV32 speaker to mount on ceiling as they have mount thread at the back, which you can mount on ceiling using ceiling brackets from MX..

I doubt if you would get the BA XS speakers now.. Anyways, try..

If not you can consider the inexpensive option of JBL control 1 (or) BIC America DV32 speaker to mount on ceiling as they have mount thread at the back, which you can mount on ceiling using ceiling brackets from MX..
I dont think BIC America DV32 has mount threads.. It has multiple key hole mounts....please confirm

I dont think BIC America DV32 has mount threads.. It has multiple key hole mounts....please confirm

Am sorry.. Just looked at the images on DV 32.. You are right, they have only keyhole mounts & not mount threads..

I do recollect some FM mounting the DV 32..Not sure how though..

He may also consider Polk OWM3 satellites..

Am sorry.. Just looked at the images on DV 32.. You are right, they have only keyhole mounts & not mount threads..

I do recollect some FM mounting the DV 32..Not sure how though..

He may also consider Polk OWM3 satellites..
Ya I also remember that.. I think he used some hook to hang the speakers

I saw some used BA XS 5.1 in quickr. But they are priced almost the same as the rate i bought mine new. Will see if the price is coming down or will explore the suggested options as i am not in a hurry for this setup. Have to repair my projector first.. :)

I saw some used BA XS 5.1 in quickr. But they are priced almost the same as the rate i bought mine new. Will see if the price is coming down or will explore the suggested options as i am not in a hurry for this setup.

Grab it and you have a chance of 6.2.4 set-up with a higher AVR like Marantz 6012 / Denon x 4400.. All identical speakers.. Identical dual subs..;)

Most selling on Quickr / OLX are used dealers, very few are genuine product owners.. Push them for a good price and you are done..

Have to repair my projector first..

Which one & what happened ?..

Last edited:
Grab it and you have a chance of 6.2.4 set-up with a higher AVR like Marantz 6012 / Denon x 4400.. All identical speakers.. Identical dual subs..;)

Most selling on Quickr / OLX are used dealers, very few are genuine product owners.. Push them for a good price and you are done..

I am not finding that listing anymore. The sub anyway is only adequate. As i am not very picky, finding it enough for now. But having 2 of them is not going to be good. :)

Which one & what happened ?..
Its Optoma HD65. DMD chip is going down. Have developed lot of white spots and became unwatchable. Planning for a DIY repair. Have to open it to find the chip model and source it from Aliexpress.

I am not finding that listing anymore.

Ahh.. sad..

The sub anyway is only adequate. As i am not very picky, finding it enough for now. But having 2 of them is not going to be good. :)

same reason why you should have a 2nd identical sub as it will give you + 3dB increase in SPL.. Anyways, as you said the listing is now gone..

Its Optoma HD65. DMD chip is going down. Have developed lot of white spots and became unwatchable. Planning for a DIY repair. Have to open it to find the chip model and source it from Aliexpress.

Ok.. Any luck with Optoma authorised service center ?..

Ok.. Any luck with Optoma authorised service center ?..
Did not try Ji. I know for sure that the chip is gone and it costs around 10k even in aliexpress. So if i give it here these guys will charge a bomb. And now a days i have developed a habit of tinkering everything first before looking for help. Have learnt a lot this way on what i can and cannot do. :)

I saw some used BA XS 5.1 in quickr. But they are priced almost the same as the rate i bought mine new. Will see if the price is coming down or will explore the suggested options as i am not in a hurry for this setup. Have to repair my projector first.. :)

Since you are looking for 2 more speakers to complete the Atmos setup...get Boston Acoustics in ceiling speakers....same brand....same or better sound quality

Since you are looking for 2 more speakers to complete the Atmos setup...get Boston Acoustics in ceiling speakers....same brand....same or better sound quality

Mine is a concrete roof and don't we need enough space in ceiling or create a box per design to fix the ceiling speakers? That's why i am not leaning towards these speakers. Satellite cube is lightweight and can be fixed with normal mounts on the ceiling and can be positioned the way we want and change it later.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back