5.1 Channel Sound from WD

shashankpaturkar

Hi,

If i copy the Contents of Movie DVD (.vob and audio files ) to a USB Drive and connect that USB to watch movies using the WD TV Mini, will i get the 5.1 chanel output from the WD Media player, below are the connection.

Components Connections

WD TV mini --> Yamaha rx-v467 AVR via Optical Audio Cable

WD TV mini --> Samsung Led using YPBR cable.

have u tried it already? It should since the output is connected through optical out. if the audio format is AAC (like in some .mkv files) then just make the audio mode as LPCM else RAW.

Using raw mode the decoding will be done by the AVR (whether the output is DTS or DD).

It should do that given that source content has to be in 5.1. Please ensure that output is set as digital in audio.video settings.

have u tried it already? It should since the output is connected through optical out. if the audio format is AAC (like in some .mkv files) then just make the audio mode as LPCM else RAW.

Using raw mode the decoding will be done by the AVR (whether the output is DTS or DD).

No i have not tried this yet, but how to change the Audio Mode?

^^ I have never used WD. But took a quick look on a few videos on Youtube. I think you will find it in Settings -> Audio Output -> select digital instead of stereo.

In AC Ryan it is shown as LPCM / RAW.

Hope this helps :)

Hi!
I get 5.1 output from my AVR if the movie is either a dolby or dts one and the AVR decodes it in 5.1
Otherwise I have to manually configure the AVR to play multichannel.
Or manually make the settings on the AVR.
Cheers,
Naj

I am Still not able to Figure Out how to change the setting to Digital Audio..

Can someone please share there inputs..

AVR -- Yamaha RX-467
WD mini TV

I am Still not able to Figure Out how to change the setting to Digital Audio..

Can someone please share there inputs..

AVR -- Yamaha RX-467
WD mini TV

Hi, you need to get into audio/video settings and then ensure you have digital selected under audio. If you have WD hooked up to the AVR via HDMI, you do not need to also hook up the optical cable........HDMI carries video and digital audio. Hope that helps!!!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back