5.1 Sat Sub Combination for 50k

Ranjithv

Hai Friends,

I am new to this community. As i was in search for setting up an HT system for my 40 Inch LED TV, And I ended up here. I need a detailed guidance from guru's over here. I have some space constraints so can only go for sat sub type and my living room is around 25x12 size. Any how i have bought a Denon AVR 1911 receiver and now i am in search for the appropriate speakers set for tht. So plz help me in finding one. The main thing is tht as i am from calicut in kerala and v dont have much audition facility over here bcz dealers only get stocks agianst our orders. Soo plz help me, as i am going to chennai in 2-3 days time, if possible i can check out some stores for auditions as per ur suggestions.

There are a lot of options for Sat/ Sub combos

you can check out
Paradigm CT
Violet 3d - wireless (i think it costs around 65k)
Wharfedale Moviestar 70
Wharfedale DX-1
EPOS AVS 5.1

Although i would not recommend a sat combo for a large hall sauch as yours 25x12. but considering u have a space constraint you can look at the above .
there are many more in your price bracket i am sure other members would be glad to help

Cheers
-F l a s h-

You should probably try building the setup using bookshelfs , dipole surrounds. You have a pretty big room and I doubt the tiny sat sub combo will not be able to fill the room.

Try out these bookshelf speakers.
PSB Image B5 or Alpha B1
Paradigm Atom/mini monitors

You should also try Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1. Selling for around
30K in Chennai. They sound fantastic for their size and price.

Regds

Thanks,

@ KittuJi,

My prob is that i dont have space for front speakers, for the surround book shelves is not a prob for me. But in the front i cant find space for either book shelves or floor standers. So if tht is the most preferable option can u suggest me some floor standers tht r thin in size.

Hai,

Can any one help me in getting the rates of:

PSB Image B5 or Alpha B1
Paradigm Atom/mini monitors

bcz as said by kittuji i am re thinking.

Re: 5.1 Sat Sub Combination for 50k (Now Moving to Book Shelves under 30k)

Hai,

ME moving to book shelves according to the reviews from the guru's over here. So in tht case plz help me with your suggestions on which book shelves i have to look for Denon 1911 for around 25-30k range. Plz help me bcz i am moving to chennai today eve and trying for some auditions 2mrw.

Re: 5.1 Sat Sub Combination for 50k (Now Moving to Book Shelves under 30k)

Hai,

ME moving to book shelves according to the reviews from the guru's over here. So in tht case plz help me with your suggestions on which book shelves i have to look for Denon 1911 for around 25-30k range. Plz help me bcz i am moving to chennai today eve and trying for some auditions 2mrw.

Hi, I also would really have you got for FS but if space is a constraint then have a look at some 5.1 BS systems. Some of the dealers in chennai:

Audio People

Grand Cinema

ProFx-Chennai

Decibel

Torvin

Audiocraft - Chennai

you got a really good receiver. Im sure of you look around you will find a good set of speakers to go with it. Some of the names you want to look at are: wharfedale, tannoy, polk audio, mordaunt short, paradigm, etc.......

Also have a look at wharfedale 9 and 10 series BS speakers, they are quite good and highly rated.

all the best!!!

@ AAkash, Thanks for the info.

Any way i went to Grand Cinema, PRoFx chennai, Decibel and Auto Craft For auditions.

Auditioned:

Paradigm mini monitor

Monitor 9 v6

wharf 10.1

KEF Q 300 and 500

Epos and

a canton floor stander

And finally finalising for floor standers

So plz help me from selecting from this bunch

And also others from this price range r also appriciated. Plz also suggest me whether floor standers can give me a HT output bcz my music/movie ratio is 50/50.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back