5.1 Set up required HELP

Rocky Bharucha

I have Onkyo TX 706 AV receiver ,Klipsch RVX 54 floorstanding ,RVX 42 for Center and surround , Waurfedaler Power cube 15" subwoofer ,.................Denon 1740 DVD player , Dish-net also have Panasonic LCD 40" (HD ready),Apple Classic 80GB connectedvia L/R AV cable,
I connected DVD,LCD and Onkyo via HDMI cable......DVD to....AV receiver.....to LCD, set up calibration through Audessy set up.
I SUTISHFIED BUT STILL WANTS TO GET BETTER AUDIO FROM THESE ABOVE
IF ANY CAN GIVE EXPERT OPINION PLEASE GUIDE ME FOR SPEAKER CALIBRATION / CONFIGUTION OR ANY MANUAL SET UP IN AV / DVD IF ANY PLEASE.....ADVICE ME

Last edited:
I have Onkyo TX 706 AV receiver ,Klipsch RVX 54 floorstanding ,RVX 42 for Center and surround , Waurfedaler Power cube 15" subwoofer ,.................Denon 1740 DVD player , Dish-net also have Panasonic LCD 40" (HD ready),Apple Classic 80GB connectedvia L/R AV cable,
I connected DVD,LCD and Onkyo via HDMI cable......DVD to....AV receiver.....to LCD, set up calibration through Audessy set up.
I SUTISHFIED BUT STILL WANTS TO GET BETTER AUDIO FROM THESE ABOVE
IF ANY CAN GIVE EXPERT OPINION PLEASE GUIDE ME FOR SPEAKER CALIBRATION / CONFIGUTION OR ANY MANUAL SET UP IN AV / DVD IF ANY PLEASE.....ADVICE ME

How much for 706?can you give review?

Whoa!!! Go a little slow my friend. You have excellent equipment, so you should get top notch sound from your system.

To help you we need you to help us.

You say you are satisfied with the sound, and are yet looking for improvement. Can you pinpoint your areas of dissatisfaction?

One of the things to do is to use the auto calibration, note down the figures, and then experiment with various settings for speakers to see what you get. In particular, auto calibration will usually set the sub at 80Hz. Experiment with 60 to 100 Hz to see if the sound improves. Increase the level setting of the centre channel to improve the audibility of dialogues. If you feel that dialogues are too tinny, reduce the frequency settings.

Generally, for movies, you can experiment with various settings for the Fronts, Centre and sub woofers.,

There are set up DVDs available. In addition, you can use standard movies that many of us use as reference to test the system. Some of the good movies are:

Kill Bill (1 and 2)
Ice Age
The Rock
Gangaajal
Gladiator
X-Men
Dark Night
Terminator
Incredibles

Cheers

Xmen 3 has 6.1 surr.I got 3 parts for 1100.
How do you compare 706 with stereo amp?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back