AVR+Mixer+Karaoke+Speakers... Compatible System

kapilg

Hello Friends,
Want to gift a complete HT system with Karaoke to my elder brother. He loves singing Mukesh's songs, but never had a good audio/HT system at home. I am planning to source everything from US (or most of it). Apart from voltage difference, please let me know if I am missing something. I dont understand much about ohms, wattages.... Are below components compatible with each other, or is any one out of line. Am I missing some component. Would appreciate any suggestions for improvement please.

Complete setup is costing me approx USD 1250
Will this be a full set up. My brother already has a Sony LED.

Usage will be movies, music, Karaoke at home.

Looking forward to your expert opinions.....

Re Karaoke setup.

Just so happens I ordered a Shure BETA 58A Dynamic Vocal Microphone just over 10,000 (very good price)
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0002BACB4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also ordered Behringer Xenyx Q802USB mixer. I'm awaiting delivery seems to be some sort of delay on shipping the mixer. (does not have reverb/echo)

I'll be using these for Podcasting, vlogging ... etc and Karaoke. Can let you know how it works out once I have everything setup and running. Also you'll need to get XLR Microphone Cables, RCA to RCA, (RCA to 1/4" cables?) in good lengths to hook it all up.

Here are some good Videos you can watch to get more info:

Last edited:
Thanks Kumar. Congratulations ! Will wait for your further inputs.
Any comments on Home Theater set up ?

Thanks Kumar. Congratulations ! Will wait for your further inputs.
Any comments on Home Theater set up ?

Hi Amazon were struggling to ship the Q802USB so I decided to dump it and now thinking of getting the higher spec 1202FX or QX12002USB instead these ones have effects so should be fun to play with.

QX1202USB has USB so you can connect it to a PC to record and edit afterwards but it has be ordered via Amazon Global so would ship from America and costs 6000rs more inc shipping. I'll decide later which one to go for.

Regarding Home Theatre - I havent used a surround sound system for a very long time so not sure if you're likely to face any issues may be worth downloading the manual and see if it's straightforward to connect a aux stereo source, the processor in your Denon may then give you pseudo-surround. Maybe some other members with more know-how on modern Receivers can advise perhaps?

Thanks. Friends, do comment on Home Theater set up. Am I missing something in 5.2 system! are all items balanced (speakers and AVR are similar in power/performance/ohm...)

OK decided on Analogue Mixer and so I've now got my all my gear, working well very pleased :).

Laptop + Tata Sky Plus to mixer outputting to Hi-Fi and Headphones. Also, you can use Tata Sky Karaoke just unplug the cr@ppy mic they give you, connect Tata box using 2 x RCA to 1/4" TS like this one:

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B004NCSN8M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also another pair of these cables is reqd for Mixer Master-out to the Amp. For Laptop you need 3.5mm to 1/4 TS.

The Mixer PSU is 240v only(see pic) so you'll need a Transformer or buy a 240v version.

1b.jpg

Attachments

• 2b.jpg
    2b.jpg
    506.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 3b.jpg
    3b.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 4b.jpg
    4b.jpg
    432.7 KB · Views: 9
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back