5.1 speaker system with sub woofer

pandit

wanted a 5.1 speaker system with a powered sub , 100 w RMS / channel .
location Mumbai/ navi mumbai .

Have a new Onkyo Tx NR 509.

Advise from senior members is welcome.

Regards

Even though I am not a senior member of this forum ;), if you can share some more info such as your budget, your preference (movies Vs music) size of your room it would help members in the forum to assist that fits into it.

hi ,
For the given Onkyo you can go in for any of these speaker packs
Yamaha NSp -285 5.1 spk with Power subwoofer 100watts
JBL SCS-140bk with power subwoofer 100wats
Tannoy SFX 5.1 with power subwoofer 100wats
Cinema CT70 5.1 with power subwoofer 100wats
depending on ur buget ....

For the 5 channels,You should buy speakers that are either 6 or 8 ohms in impedence with power rating = 100W. Sub-woofer (0.1 ch) can be any that suits your liking, and budget. An active sub-woofer of rating 150W to 350W should be good enough.

Now the whole set can be one manufacturer and sold as a set or a mix and match. You have no indicated your budget.

If you are in the Rs. 50k-100k range and wanting to go for a full set, I can recommend that you to audition the following:

1) Energy Take RC Micro 5.1
2) Paradigm Cinema Ct-110 5.1
3) Polk Audio RM series
4) KEF KHT2005 or KHT3005
5) Q Acoustics Cinema 2000
6) Definitive Technology ProCinema 600
7) Wharfedale RS-10

Really, the choice is endless. Contact member spirovious who can aid you in finding the outlets that can demo and sell the above.

There are quite a few choices within the 30-50 k range. I had collected some details on those budget speaker setups & posted in the following thread:
http://www.hifivision.com/home-thea...get-home-theater-system-see-your-options.html

I had settled for Tannoy HTS101 5.1ch set for 37k along with Denon AVR 1911. My room-size is 15 by 12. And any of those sat-sub combinations would be good enough for a similar (or little bigger) room. If you have a bigger room & a bigger budget, consider the ones listed by just4kix.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back