50" Panny Plasma (non-3D) Buying Help!!!

Congrats Rama :thumbup: ..... Welcome to the club..... :)

Enjoy the beauty and watch few movies on 1080p, like Jodha Akbar. Try that in different video and audio formats.

2 adv. of that:
1. Obviously, the TV will bring out the fullest beauty of the picturisation of the movie....
2. You will know what all audio formats are supported (some movies might play without audio, if audio format is not supported)

That will help you to decide on the next investment - a media player :D

Good luck.... and be a little careful during the first 100 hours...
Don't connect laptop, as desktop will have static images.... though the latest plasmas have anti burn in screens....
Google the difference between 'burn-in' and image retention....

Ensoiiiiii...... :p

Enjoy your TV ramki.
What was the final price of 50S60D?
Do post your usage experience of the TV.

Hi NGM,

I definitely got the best price. But I made a promise to Alwarpet Panny dealer not to quote it as he got tremendous pressure from fellow dealers because of this.

LP Jain is very good person and he will give you the best price. Call 044-24340605 & talk to him directly.

Thanks
Ramki

Hi NGM,

I definitely got the best price. But I made a promise to Alwarpet Panny dealer not to quote it as he got tremendous pressure from fellow dealers because of this.

LP Jain is very good person and he will give you the best price. Call 044-24340605 & talk to him directly.

Thanks
Ramki
ramki,
I am looking for this model. if you had got the 50 inch, then do im me the price. I wont cause any pressure to that dealer, as i am from bangalore. :)

ramki,
I am looking for this model. if you had got the 50 inch, then do im me the price. I wont cause any pressure to that dealer, as i am from bangalore. :)

Mine is 50-inch. Sorry gkrishn - kindly excuse me from revealing the price. Its not about u pressurising him - he is getting pressured from other showrooms.

Mine is 50-inch. Sorry gkrishn - kindly excuse me from revealing the price. Its not about u pressurising him - he is getting pressured from other showrooms.

Hi gkrishn,

Modern world has advertised the price of 50S60 in today's times of india as
MRP Rs.87000 (spl price 79,990).

I saw that. But I have quote which is 2k less than that.

@ Krishnan:

I have sent you a PM.

If you are getting it at the price you are indicating, please go ahead and buy it.... just re-ensure that it is not a demo piece, before you take delivery....

Good luck.... let us know, where and how the buying process went through.

You can call me if you need any help.

Rgds/ Baala

Bala,
The 78k quote I got from a shop in marathahalli. Brand shop is matching it along with a speaker system worth 11k(which I don't need). I guess there is another 2k worth of bargaining left. But I might settle for this as the brand shop guy has promised, 0 hour used panel. He said he will show this during install.

Also all the current stock are sold out. Next stock landing time is 15th this month. I am 99% thru on this deal.

Bala,
The 78k quote I got from a shop in marathahalli. Brand shop is matching it along with a speaker system worth 11k(which I don't need). I guess there is another 2k worth of bargaining left. But I might settle for this as the brand shop guy has promised, 0 hour used panel. He said he will show this during install.

Also all the current stock are sold out. Next stock landing time is 15th this month. I am 99% thru on this deal.

Please have a clear agreement with these guys - Chennai brandshop (not the one from which we bought), told us that, the next set of stock will have increased pricing, due to the new import tax introduced. :eek:

While it could be a simple sales pitch to close the deal :annoyed:, better get an assurance, just for price protection!!!

Let us know your buying experience, once you buy the beauty!!! :eek:hyeah:

Bala,
They have given it in writing, as I have made a token down payment.
Please have a clear agreement with these guys - Chennai brandshop (not the one from which we bought), told us that, the next set of stock will have increased pricing, due to the new import tax introduced. :eek:

While it could be a simple sales pitch to close the deal :annoyed:, better get an assurance, just for price protection!!!

Let us know your buying experience, once you buy the beauty!!! :eek:hyeah:

50 inches of awesomeness...:D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379165044189.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379165044189.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 94
  • uploadfromtaptalk1379165062099.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379165062099.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 91
  • uploadfromtaptalk1379165075130.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379165075130.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Congrats Buddy :D

Looks awesome.... such a beauty...... enjoi maadi !!!

Do share your buying experience and initial experience....

Panasonic brand shop delivered it on time. They promised only a week of delay :p and gave a eta window of 15th to 20th.

And the tv is right now in our living room.

First thing out of box, to check the time count. It showed 2 mins and 2 count of power on. The 2012 model key combination worked just fine.

pq:
Out of box in cinema mode(contrast at 30, and brightness at 0, disabled few other settings), the x-men wolverine on star movies hd over tata sky was mind blowing. the skin colour, close up shot of face, etc was really good. more than colour, i am yet to digest the effect of 50 inch!

Size does matter!

tatasky sd quality, for 50 inch, is good. but nothing to right home about.

The dvd o/p of schindler's list, lion king was pretty good.
Also ran a downloaded rip of topgear from my htpc. 720p. Mindblowing!

The blacks are pretty good. at least for me.

-ive:
The reflection. The part of the room where tv is installed, actually has no lighting directly infront of the tv. There is tubelight on the right side, about 10 feet away. You can see the reflection of that, in the 3rd pic.

note to mod: can we merge the other s60 thread with this one? (team-bhp style!?!;))

Last edited:
yes, and along with a 12k worth of bunch of speakers and a dvd player. Not opened this package. Hoping to salvage some thing out of it.

Compared with the 51f5500, this model is not a VFM. Esp for me, who cant make out much diff in the PQ of these models. But ended up with pana due to the 3 year warranty.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back