50" Panny Plasma (non-3D) Buying Help!!!

yes, and along with a 12k worth of bunch of speakers and a dvd player. Not opened this package. Hoping to salvage some thing out of it.

Compared with the 51f5500, this model is not a VFM. Esp for me, who cant make out much diff in the PQ of these models. But ended up with pana due to the 3 year warranty.

@GK: :clapping: excellent deal!!! :eek:hyeah:

So, you paid totally 90K for the complete package or for the 12K goodies free of cost???

BTW, what is the model of the speaker(s) and DVD player you got??

I got delivered a wall mount "tyst-42pcl" along with the tv.

And this doesn't look as snazzy as the one listed in spec sheet of 50s60, which is "TY-WK4P1RW"..

@GK: :clapping: excellent deal!!! :eek:hyeah:

So, you paid totally 90K for the complete package or for the 12K goodies free of cost???

BTW, what is the model of the speaker(s) and DVD player you got??
bala, Speakers are free with the tv. This is the model. SC-XH60 Home Theatre Systems - Panasonic

Update after 20 hours.
Movies, even the tata sky HD, blows you away. Star movies HD is some thing you can watch all day long in this tv:)

The 1080p play back, thru USB port, by the TV is better than my htpc( I guess this mostly Ubuntu issue, need to further dig on this).

There is buzzing!
Nothing much of a problem. Keep you ears behind the TV and then only you hear it. Interestingly on the first day and first show it was not there.

There is flicker in pic(noticeable on the logo if you get up close to the TV) when I set resolution to 1080i 60hz in tata sky. Other resolution works just fine.

Some setting are not persistent. WiFi is one. Every time I ac cycle, it looks like I have to reconfigure the WiFi all over again.:banghead:

Swipe and share, With video, just doesn't work. I thought, for india, at least they will provide YouTube app. Not there:mad:

Last edited:
There is a lot of difference in setting between "Cinema" and "True Cinema". "True Cinema" is much more warmer and truer to the skin tones and such colours. In layman's terms, the yellows are enhanced. Exact technical difference is too long to elaborate. You may go into advance settings and check colour (RGB individual settings), gamma, etc.

Hi,

Any comparison of PQ between 50S60 and Samsung 51F5500 during your purchase?
Price is almost same for these models ( 76K - 78k)

I am not able to see these in the same shop.

51F5500 is a VFM model which is feature rich with 3D and other smart apps etc, but only 1 yr warranty.

But Panasonic offers 3 yrs warranty which is a big plus.
Please post your views.

Please do not think that Panasonic 3 year warranty is a bonus. If something goes wrong, you will most likely get a low LED model as a replacement and that too after a lot of fight.

Please do not think that Panasonic 3 year warranty is a bonus. If something goes wrong, you will most likely get a low LED model as a replacement and that too after a lot of fight.

But that is still better than sitting there with a dead panel outside the warranty.

A co-worker, brought a 42 inch samsung led(came with one year warranty). He was so happy with that tv, till one day, two months outside the warranty, when panel just gave up.

Samsung service personal quoted about 60-70% of the original cost, for panel replacement. When he was still thinking about it, he got an unsolicited call from a scrap dealer offering 2k for that tv.

He now has a 21 inch second hand crt.

Last edited:
I would like to know about the 3 yr warranty panasonic offers on Plasma. The details and terms are not there in website.

1) In the brochure it was mentioned 1yr + 2 yrs extended warranty. Does that mean the warranty terms and coverage are different in first year and next 2 years?

2) What all will be covered under 3 yrs of warranty?

Could any of the recent S60 owners check this in the warranty document?
Appreciate the help.

From what is mentioned in the warranty card, there is no such thing as 1+2 years.
It plainly states 3 year warranty period, from the date of purchase. No where the term "extended" is used.

It is mentioned as 1+2yrs extended in the TV brochure which I have collected from brand shop from couple of weeks back. So just want to clarify.

now watch all your favourite videos on youtube in HD on your HDTV....
1.Go to YouTube
2.Type the song name or any video name in the search bar of youtube...
and click the search button
3.The video is played on youtube....
4.Copy the link on the address bar by selecting the link and by pressing
control C....
5.Go to KeepVid: Download and save any video from Youtube, Dailymotion, Metacafe, iFilm and more!
6.Paste the link in keepvid.com (control V) and click the Download button
7.The MP4 video links are displayed in different resolutions(480p,720p,1080p)
8.Now click the resolution which is supported by your HDTV to download the video.
9.Copy all your videos to a pendrive and use it on your tv or bluray player....
10.Enjoy....

now watch all your favourite videos on youtube in HD on your HDTV....
1.Go to YouTube
2.Type the song name or any video name in the search bar of youtube...
and click the search button
3.The video is played on youtube....
4.Copy the link on the address bar by selecting the link and by pressing
control C....
5.Go to KeepVid: Download and save any video from Youtube, Dailymotion, Metacafe, iFilm and more!
6.Paste the link in keepvid.com (control V) and click the Download button
7.The MP4 video links are displayed in different resolutions(480p,720p,1080p)
8.Now click the resolution which is supported by your HDTV to download the video.
9.Copy all your videos to a pendrive and use it on your tv or bluray player....
10.Enjoy....

thanks, but there are better alternatives to that too (for eg, using Tomabo Youtube Video Downloader, to DL HD videos in batches on the PC, Tube Mate on smartphones, and many other such avenues still). :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back