50' plasma

also have a look on the latest panasonic 42g11 full hd plasma,quite an impressive image.not launched by panasonic in india but i saw it with the resonance audio guys in delhi.but as far as 50in.full hd is concerned pioneer kuro is my personal favouite.

Why do you keep talking about kuros?
They are not available in india and have no support if imported and now they are no more made.

Hi BLASTO, Iam not a good reviewer as you ;) But i feel like the PQ of b450 is slightly better than X10... The 1ly problem with b450 is the temporary IR... 2day after tuning channels, i noticed the menu IR for few minutes(watched it very closely) in my b450 :(. But iam very much satisfied with b450 over x10 :) If both waz offered to me at same price, i would go with b450 with careful usage in first few months ;).

Edit : Blasto, can you tel me how to enter service menu of b450 to check the hours of usage?

Keep the TV in standby and press info, menu, mute, power buttons in quick succession.

The TV will come up in service mode. Check the usage hours and press power button again to turn off.

Change settings in your own risk.

I am getting following quotes for 50 inch plasma in Mumbai:

Code:
LG                   -- 50PQ70              --    58000
Samsung          --  PS50B450           --     57500

Is it reasonable? Or is these some room for further negotiations?

Go for Samsung it is a good set, are you getting any freebies along with the deal to make it sweeter

I am getting following quotes for 50 inch plasma in Mumbai:

Code:
LG                   -- 50PQ70              --    58000
Samsung          --  PS50B450           --     57500

Is it reasonable? Or is these some room for further negotiations?

Prices seem reasonable.
Samsung is a far better set.

Go for Samsung it is a good set, are you getting any freebies along with the deal to make it sweeter

Some scheme that gives a Samsung Camera. Got 3k off for not taking that scheme.

Other then that, getting 4k for 12 year old 29 inch Philips CRT.

Strange thing is even after 12 years CRT is going strong. OTOH I will be lucky if this plasma lasts 7 years. My apartment faces seashore and it simply eats electronics.

i waited for b450 for month but atlast showroom guy told me it will not be available b4 april end..
so i finally purchased panasonic x10 yest for 75500 free gold plated panasonic avr cable.
from panasonic brandshop pune
delivered immediately
its gud.. :eek:

Why do you keep talking about kuros?
They are not available in india and have no support if imported and now they are no more made.

I got my 50" Kuro (KRP-500A) delivered yesterday, one of the last few pieces remaining with the local distributor. The damage - around US$3,000 including the display panel, tuner box, side speakers and table-stand. I am engaging a door-to-door delivery service to get it to my home in India at an estimated cost of another $1,000 including packing, freight, duties etc.

The only risk I have is getting the thing to my home without damage. At the same time, my total cost is way below what the grey market guys offered in India.

Bottom line: Nothing else comes anywhere close to this TV. The nearest is Kuro 5090H which costs more!!!

cheers.
murali

guys i heard that that RESONANCE AUDIO in delhi who are official dealers for PIONEER in north india are selling their full hd demo plasma's 50 and 60 inches at almost half of the prices.call them at 9971531735 and check for the prices and availability.

guys i heard that that RESONANCE AUDIO in delhi who are official dealers for PIONEER in north india are selling their full hd demo plasma's 50 and 60 inches at almost half of the prices.call them at 9971531735 and check for the prices and availability.

Hey decibels, For one last time, accept that you are representing resonance audio and get into sale by dealer section to sell your products.

Going through all your posts, You are just talking about resonance audio in every second post and projecting the products you sell in all threads.. Not Professional!

I was also looking for a 50" plasma. V10 was obvious choice. But with black level issue and emerging 3D/4K res, I felt its not wise to invest so heavily. So I decided to go for 50B450. I even got the quotation for 60K(with Sun DTH). But when I went to place the order today(22-Mar), I am told that the model is discontinued. So is this true? The TV is still on Samsung site.

Is Samsung delivering this model now? I am from Mangalore/Udupi area of Karnataka. I have enquired almost all dealers in my area. No use :(

Please advice. Also if anyone here are from Blore who know a good dealer who can ship/install TV at my place, please pass me the details.

DO NOT go for B450 plasma.

Samsung does not have fresh stock of this model. They are even out of spares for this model.

My TV is not working for last 17 days and Samsung has not been able to get spares to fix the TV. Model number of TV is PS50B450.

Infact 50B550(FHD) is also outdated....:sad: It was lastly retailed for 63K..

Infact in that series 50B550 is an sucessful imported model and sadly it was displaced very fast against pushing LED into market.

Facing the same problem here in Calcutta. Can't find a single 50B450. In the absence of Sammys, which plasma to go for? Can't afford to spend S10/V10 kind of money :(

Usage is 50 % Tata Sky and 50% HD (Xtreamer as of now, BDP in future).
Distance form TV to viewing area is 12'. Obviously I won't get a 50" 1080p TV in my budget. So, should I opt for a 50" 720p plasma or look at 46" 1080p LCDs from Sammy? Wonder if even LCDs are available. Only word Samsung people know these days is "LED"!!

DO NOT go for B450 plasma.

Samsung does not have fresh stock of this model. They are even out of spares for this model.

My TV is not working for last 17 days and Samsung has not been able to get spares to fix the TV. Model number of TV is PS50B450.

Oops! :sad:
What sort of problem are you having? Is it a manufacturing defect or usage issue?
Yes I was going for PS50B450. I mainly went for the VFM it has. Lot of good reviews in this site boosted my confident. I was also following other thread where the same model was suggested. http://www.hifivision.com/television/8593-mumbai-50-plasma.html The next Panasonic model is about 10 ~ 15 K more and even they have the service issue.

This also raises a common problem? How about service in India for Plasma/LCDs. Every models will be replaced in a year. Does that mean that we will have trouble once the model is discontinued? I mean if this is the case, no matter what TV I buy today, I cannot expect a good service after a year or two :mad: I was planning to call Samsung reps. I will raise this issue.

If Samsungs are not available you can look at the LG Plasma for VFM.

LG 50PQ30 is the one I settled for. Bought from Gala & Sons, Mumbai for 54k.
LG PQ70 is also available for 60k. It features Bluetooth and a better design in conparison to the 50PQ30.

Facing the same problem here in Calcutta. Can't find a single 50B450. In the absence of Sammys, which plasma to go for? Can't afford to spend S10/V10 kind of money :(

Usage is 50 % Tata Sky and 50% HD (Xtreamer as of now, BDP in future).
Distance form TV to viewing area is 12'. Obviously I won't get a 50" 1080p TV in my budget. So, should I opt for a 50" 720p plasma or look at 46" 1080p LCDs from Sammy? Wonder if even LCDs are available. Only word Samsung people know these days is "LED"!!

Oops! :sad:
What sort of problem are you having? Is it a manufacturing defect or usage issue?
Yes I was going for PS50B450. I mainly went for the VFM it has. Lot of good reviews in this site boosted my confident.

This also raises a common problem? How about service in India for Plasma/LCDs. Every models will be replaced in a year. Does that mean that we will have trouble once the model is discontinued?

B450 is not a bad model and fault is not a major one.

Power supply board went Kaput for my TV. This is a very common problem with Plasma TVs. And it takes just 4 - 500 Rs to fix. I can't do that since it would void warranty. Usual solution is just to replace fault capacitors.

Power supply board can go wrong for many reasons and in ANY electronic device. This is sheer bad luck that it happened within 3 days of purchasing.

Problems that are specific to Samsung (in my case):

1. TV came from Samsung Godown and was used for 270 Hours before delivery.
  2. Samsung does not have spares (these specifc boards)
  3. Samsung does not have spare panels (to replace complete panel + all boards)
  4. Error : They got replacement panel imported, it turned out to be wrong one.
  5. They do not have a standby TV that they can give me to use till this one is fixed.

Regarding general state pf service for LCD/Plasma, Plasma service is worse since volume is lower. So, its not economical to have inventory of spares.

Thankfully, situation is better with LG.

Contemplating buying 50PQ70 now and verified state of spare availability before buying it.

Another advantage is you can buy additional warranty. It costs 6,500 for two years warranty and it covers panel.

LG 50PQ30 is the one I settled for. Bought from Gala & Sons, Mumbai for 54k.
LG PQ70 is also available for 60k. It features Bluetooth and a better design in conparison to the 50PQ30.

Thanks for the suggestions Raghav. Could you tell me how the LGs fare vis-a-vis the Panasonic G10?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back