50' plasma

Well HDFREAK,, as a PK550 owner I can vouch for all the points you mentioned.

The primary points in buying the TV were - Great PQ, I too am using the Tata Sky HD...works fairly well..for regular home viewing....and the issues mentioned are features and glitches we raised, to make the product even better or at par with its US/EU counterparts. Other wise for regular viewing it will not really affect or bother you.

So best of luck ...and happy viewing

- How reliable is the set? Somehow I got an impression that purchasing plasma requires also a good luck!!

That is correct. Do purchase additional warranty from LG. I purchased LG50PQ70 few months ago. This warranty costs 8k for 2 additional years.

If Plasma/LCD panel goes kaput, then replacement costs pretty much as much as getting a new TV.

And since I live in Mumbai (High humidity), I have seen quite a few TVs going bad in couple of years.

That is correct. Do purchase additional warranty from LG. I purchased LG50PQ70 few months ago. This warranty costs 8k for 2 additional years.

If Plasma/LCD panel goes kaput, then replacement costs pretty much as much as getting a new TV.

And since I live in Mumbai (High humidity), I have seen quite a few TVs going bad in couple of years.

isn't it cheaper to insure it?

Insurance companies have stopped "breakdown coverage" on electronic items :( Now they only cover theft etc.

Earlier you just has to pay 2,500 of total repair costs.

Do you know any plan that still covers breakdown?

Insurance companies have stopped "breakdown coverage" on electronic items :( Now they only cover theft etc.

Earlier you just has to pay 2,500 of total repair costs.

Do you know any plan that still covers breakdown?

last week i was told it will cover breakdown, lightning, theft etc, something like 1% of value as annual premium for tv ,pc etc

The New India Assurance Co. Ltd.

this probably off topic, so i am not discussing this further,
was just wondering insuring my 50" plasma is a good idea

Last edited:
Section VI - T.V. Set including VCP/VCR (ALL RISKS)

Covers loss or damage to T.V.Set including VCP/VCR by fire and allied perils, burglary, house breaking or theft, breakage due to accidental external means, mechanical or electrical breakdown. Any legal liability arising out of bodily injury or accidental death of any person other than insured's family members or employee as also damage to property not belonging to or in the custody of insured , caused by use of the T.V. Set is also covered upto a limit of Rs.25,000/-.

Yes its limited to 25k. Earlier Bajaj used to cover electronics breakdown, they discontinued it.

Now, only corporate policies cover breakdown.

@ NetFreak, Thanks for your sugestion. I also think this will be safe. Did you purchase this additional warranty from LG service center or the Dealer?

Guys..I am looking for 50" plasma. Since I am using Panasonic plasma X10 over year and very happy with it, I can't think of anything other than Panasonic. 50" V20 is quoted for 1.18 Lac here in HYD panny brand shop. Is there any better price for this plasma in any city? probably I can refer it for bargain.
Thanks
Satya.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back