55" 4k @ 50k

ratheesh

Hi,

The quest for searching the ultimate value for money budget 4k TV started long back but as usual it's limited by the technology and big players playing big refusing to come down. This year is phenomenal in bringing the value proposition back to consumers. More and more companies stepping into volume market by introducing more bang for the bucks.

My search is pretty simple as mentioned in the title since my TV time is less and needed a good television for that particular time. Nothing more and nothing less. To choose, you need options.

There are two kind of options to choose from initially. Latest model or old model. Over a period of time the inventory need to be depleted to make way for the new items and they tend to sell at lower price. It's one of best value proposition but you need to check that new model is how much new and there is a possibility of old stocks with age problems. Getting value itself is gambling and i don't want to add one more odds into it. So I'm eliminating this option. So only newer models - 2018

The secondary question and the most important ones are - What are my options? First we take down all the available options and see if we can narrow down. If you have any other 2018 model from any company, Please reply back and we'll add to the list and discuss it's pros and cons.

Daiwa D55UVC6N Rs.36,999
Mi LED Smart TV 4 Rs.44,999
iFFALCON K2A Rs.45,999
Onida K Y Rock 55UIR Rs.52,990
Vu 55SU134 Rs.55,999
TCL L55P2MUS Rs.56,990

My thoughts about the models and it's value propositions will be discussed in the upcoming replies. Stay tuned.

Not sure about 2018 . But there is Panasonic model for around 60K. Refer my signature for model no. I am using it and very happy with the performance. It has google chromecast built in and I got a fire TV stick with it.

Not sure about 2018 . But there is Panasonic model for around 60K. Refer my signature for model no. I am using it and very happy with the performance. It has google chromecast built in and I got a fire TV stick with it.

I too have fire stick but the problem is there is no support for 4k content through it, It's a sin having the potential and not using it. Moreover I've unlimited internet connection blazing fast. So streaming 4k content won't be a problem for me. Over the period of time the software in the system can slow it down which might make it unusable. So anything that's not supported by the developing company is a no go from me. Firefox OS is dead. No way to revive it unless someone buys it and revamp on top of it. But that's unlikely.

I can buy some 4k box in the future but as of now, I'm preferring more integrated solutions.

Yep. No support for 4K in fire TV stick. I think Amazon launched fire TV with 4K support in US. Good thing about this Panasonic TV is due to built in chromecast I can watch 4K content on you tube.

Panasonic recently unveiled it's 2018 lineup in India, Today I'm going to visit Panasonic store to inquire on the new stuffs and discount on old stuffs. Yesterday I visited all the showrooms nearby to get an idea on the mainstream market. Got some ideas on various companies. Sony, Samsung, LG all releasing their 2018 lineup and the price is on top, All the old stocks were being depleted. Any old models which will be a competition to newer models were outright out of stock. Display pieces were on offer. Will share the individual experience in the coming posts. Overall i'm in the mood of go low or go big. nothing in between is worth it.

I'm more and more inclined towards iFFalcon 55K2A and the value it generates. The next value for money model 55C2US (it's 2017) seems to be better in terms of price to value ratio but the 15k rise seems bigger when we actually consider the lower end of the bigger companies is near that range. When you consider 15k it might seems less but when you compare that to 45k. It's almost 30% more. add a 15k more and the best value in that range comes in the Panasonic 55FX600D and tons of options in the same price range. So I'm not venturing into that price range.

My only problem is that TCL might release new updated version of the P2 and C2 in near future which might be better than the current version. FFalcon itself might release their I55 range which supports Dolby Vision in the coming days.

The latest model displayed in online portal 55p6us are not actually officially released, they are re branded TVs imported by some local people from Pakistan (maybe). So it's out of equation. TCL might actually release p6 variants in the coming days.

Mi's latest releases in China is not worthy to note, so not bothering about that.

Sanyo is one other brand which gives more value for money but their roadmap for 2018 is so unclear.

More than the features you should look for after sales service of TCL. I heard it's not good. After sales service for VU in 50k price range is better in Tier I cities so instead of just the featues you should take in account service also.

most of these budget brands - iFFalcon/TCL/MI etc. are eyeing local manufacturing which takes lots of planning i.e technical as well as financial.They will only launch next models if they got any significant foothold otherwise vanish like LeEco cause such 40-50K kind of disruptive pricing models are good for eyeballs but hardly compete for long (iFFalcon itself fell short in supplying K2A model with time)

More than the features you should look for after sales service of TCL. I heard it's not good. After sales service for VU in 50k price range is better in Tier I cities so instead of just the featues you should take in account service also.

One thing or the other we need to gamble when we look at the lower end of the spectrum. Yes you're right. They don't have much in the after sales and service. But as of now I'm keeping Vu inside the same category. I've feeling that Vu is actualy Micromax of television. Too many lineups. I personally don't like that approach.

most of these budget brands - iFFalcon/TCL/MI etc. are eyeing local manufacturing which takes lots of planning i.e technical as well as financial.They will only launch next models if they got any significant foothold otherwise vanish like LeEco cause such 40-50K kind of disruptive pricing models are good for eyeballs but hardly compete for long (iFFalcon itself fell short in supplying K2A model with time)

In case of LeEco, the problem is not with the hardware it's more towards the company's incapacity to stay in business. They would've made an awesome business if they stay afloat. Hope more such companies come up with stable lineup and brand image to create a healthy competition.

Regarding the decision, I thought of booking iFFalcon Tv today but decided to hold on to it till 17th. Prime day is announced in Amazon so there might be a counter from Flipkart. All together I'm expecting some exclusive launches from smaller online players to come with lucrative offers. Either way I might zero in some value for money offers by this month end even if it means spending some extra bucks.

One thing or the other we need to gamble when we look at the lower end of the spectrum. Yes you're right. They don't have much in the after sales and service. But as of now I'm keeping Vu inside the same category. I've feeling that Vu is actualy Micromax of television. Too many lineups. I personally don't like that approach.

In case of LeEco, the problem is not with the hardware it's more towards the company's incapacity to stay in business. They would've made an awesome business if they stay afloat. Hope more such companies come up with stable lineup and brand image to create a healthy competition.

Regarding the decision, I thought of booking iFFalcon Tv today but decided to hold on to it till 17th. Prime day is announced in Amazon so there might be a counter from Flipkart. All together I'm expecting some exclusive launches from smaller online players to come with lucrative offers. Either way I might zero in some value for money offers by this month end even if it means spending some extra bucks.

If you can hold on one more month for Great Indian Independence sales on both Flipkart and Amazon you might get good deals on other Brands like Panasonic , LG etc. I am waiting for that only.

I doubt sales will benefit items available through flash sales,either their sale day won't fall inbetween or become exclusive to benefit/very few units available

If you can hold on one more month for Great Indian Independence sales on both Flipkart and Amazon you might get good deals on other Brands like Panasonic , LG etc. I am waiting for that only.

That's a good idea, Am not sure I can hold my excitement that long :p

I doubt sales will benefit items available through flash sales,either their sale day won't fall inbetween or become exclusive to benefit/very few units available

It's on the same day, I'm not particularly looking for iFFalcon at that day. But still it falls on Tuesday :D

That's a good idea, Am not sure I can hold my excitement that long :p

It's on the same day, I'm not particularly looking for iFFalcon at that day. But still it falls on Tuesday :D
BTW vu website is now no more showing Pixelight HDR series. May be page is down or they are about to launch new series. :eek:

I know how much TCL stirring the US market with low end 4k market. I'm happy that TCL India started teasing it's C6 models in India. It's definitely in my list. I know how much it differs from US models. But still looking forward to it.

36628927_1658857954183107_3269884406331867136_o.jpg

What does your dream home look like? No matter what aesthetic you are going for, the elegant design of TCL C6 fits all environments and styles.
#TCLC6 #PerfectFit #ElegantDesign

I know how much TCL stirring the US market with low end 4k market. I'm happy that TCL India started teasing it's C6 models in India. It's definitely in my list. I know how much it differs from US models. But still looking forward to it.

View attachment 28539

What does your dream home look like? No matter what aesthetic you are going for, the elegant design of TCL C6 fits all environments and styles.
#TCLC6 #PerfectFit #ElegantDesign
Where is this teaser ? Is really C6 coming to India?

Today chatted with support on TCL India website regarding launching of C6 series, but they have no update of C6 coming or not?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back