65 inch Full Array LED with Dolby Atmos Home Theatre

RamboV

Hello all I have zeroed in on buying Sony X90K 65 inch TV during this years Diwali sale, for more offers on price. My only confusion is with the selection of home theatre audio. My requirements are I badly need Dolby Atmos effect ( I need the helicopters blades to rotate on top of my head ) 😜. But I have a budget of let’s say 50% of TV cost. I have Zeroed in on the Sony Z9F with rear speakers package.

Wanted to know if my Combination is perfect for the Atmos effect. As this is a one time investment, would like to know if am doing anything wrong.

Also one more reason I opted for soundbar type, is I hate all those typical wiring stuff. This sound is wireless for rear speakers, hence preferred it.

Estimated TV cost X90K 65inch : Around 1.4 lakhs
Estimated Soundbar Z9F + Rear speakers: 70k

The above prices are predicted Diwali price by a sales person .

Please help frnds in the Home theatre Audio part, that’s where am confused if I have selected correctly.

@elangoas you still active here

Hello all I have zeroed in on buying Sony X90K 65 inch TV during this years Diwali sale, for more offers on price. My only confusion is with the selection of home theatre audio. My requirements are I badly need Dolby Atmos effect ( I need the helicopters blades to rotate on top of my head ) 😜. But I have a budget of let’s say 50% of TV cost. I have Zeroed in on the Sony Z9F with rear speakers package.

Wanted to know if my Combination is perfect for the Atmos effect. As this is a one time investment, would like to know if am doing anything wrong.

Also one more reason I opted for soundbar type, is I hate all those typical wiring stuff. This sound is wireless for rear speakers, hence preferred it.

Please help frnds in the Home theatre Audio part, that’s where am confused if I have selected correctly.

IMHO don't think a SOUNDBAR can do justice to a proper AVR system to enjoy a perfect Theatre performance.

I would suggest to start auditioning various systems at dealers now itself so that you are convinced you are taking the right decision to go in for a soundbar system or a proper AVR system. End of the day its the Users call based on what he wants in terms of performance, looks and of course budget!

All the best!

IMHO don't think a SOUNDBAR can do justice to a proper AVR system to enjoy a perfect Theatre performance.

I would suggest to start auditioning various systems at dealers now itself so that you are convinced you are taking the right decision to go in for a soundbar system or a proper AVR system. End of the day its the Users call based on what he wants in terms of performance, looks and of course budget!

All the best!
Any suggestions below 1 lakh for a proper AVR system ?

It will sync fine being a Sony product. But ideally go for HT-A9 if budget permits.

Any suggestions below 1 lakh for a proper AVR system ?

You need to decide based on auditions you attend with various dealers around your location. Below One Lakh Atmos system will be challenging unless you are looking at the pre owned market (our classifieds / olx )

What works well for me may not ideally work for you. I have a listening area of 250 sq ft and use Marantz SR series AVR with Satellites and Bookshelf speakers. Ideally an overkill for my space but I prefer quality. Price of my setup ? Definitely above 1 lakh.

Hence suggested you visit dealers around you, hear what a Dolby soundbar sounds like and then a proper AVR system and then take a call. Ensure you see the same movie clips / music files for the demo / audition.

You need to decide based on auditions you attend with various dealers around your location. Below One Lakh Atmos system will be challenging unless you are looking at the pre owned market (our classifieds / olx )

What works well for me may not ideally work for you. I have a listening area of 250 sq ft and use Marantz SR series AVR with Satellites and Bookshelf speakers. Ideally an overkill for my space but I prefer quality. Price of my setup ? Definitely above 1 lakh.

Hence suggested you visit dealers around you, hear what a Dolby soundbar sounds like and then a proper AVR system and then take a call. Ensure you see the same movie clips / music files for the demo / audition.
Thanks. Will definitely look into nearby retailers. But can you give a good atmos setup configuration, so that I can look ahead in some direction and start auditions. Budget I am willing to go till 1.5 lakhs

Also at this price range Sony HT A7000 looks tempting

Soundbars, no matter how fancy will struggle to deliver the proper effect you'll get from an AVR and speakers. (IMHO)

You need seven speakers, a subwoofer and a 7.x channel ATMOS capable AVR to get that. Oh, and if you want to use the TV's native apps the AVR has to be eARC enabled.

But I want to reduce the hassle of all the trouble of installation of speaker all over the room. My room size is 12x14 with false ceiling already done. so i think a powerful soundbar can bring in the Atmos effect to satisfy me. My frnd has a similar setup with Sony Z9F with rear speakers and its awesome. that sound is enough for me. I am not a pure Audiophile, but someone who enjoys a movie with good effects.

Should i buy Z9F or HT 5000 Or A7000 is the real question .

But I want to reduce the hassle of all the trouble of installation of speaker all over the room. My room size is 12x14 with false ceiling already done. so i think a powerful soundbar can bring in the Atmos effect to satisfy me. My frnd has a similar setup with Sony Z9F with rear speakers and its awesome. that sound is enough for me. I am not a pure Audiophile, but someone who enjoys a movie with good effects.

Should i buy Z9F or HT 5000 Or A7000 is the real question .

There are people here who are unhappy with the performance of even Auro 3D in their dedicated home theatre.

So the performance should satisfy YOU. And many have graduated to an AVR and passive speakers. They vouch for the positive difference in total experience.

It is a hassle till you set it up properly. Can take a day or two for that. That's it. Then it's just turn it on and enjoy the show in all its glory.

My priorities are slowly shifting from Soundbars to AVR setup.

But very confused in finding to know which is the best AVR with Dolby Atmos facility with in 1 lakh range.

Any suggestions of basic setup for Atmos and also where i can audition them anywhere in chennai.

My priorities are slowly shifting from Soundbars to AVR setup.

But very confused in finding to know which is the best AVR with Dolby Atmos facility with in 1 lakh range.

Any suggestions of basic setup for Atmos and also where i can audition them anywhere in chennai.

Visit Volumate.

They also have clearance sale where you can pick some stuff

Thanks. Will definitely look into nearby retailers. But can you give a good atmos setup configuration, so that I can look ahead in some direction and start auditions. Budget I am willing to go till 1.5 lakhs

Consider 3 pairs of PSB Alpha P3s for 17k apiece from TRC. Add their center channel for around 24k. That's 75k. 30k for a sub. Then see if you can get a used 7.1 AVR for 45k or so.

If you are willing to spend 1.5 lakhs, I think you can get something decent from the new market as well as the pre owned market.

Let me check and get back with some options.

In wifimart website you can get jbl stage A170 5.1 for 1.11 lakhs plus mission lx2 bookshelves speakers pair for 20k and then buy a used 7.1 AVR from olx for 20k. Get cables from Amazon. Have Volumate do the calibration and stage setup and for just under Rs.1.6 lakhs you will have a great setup. Volumate also suggests 7.2 and they are 100% right as i am their two times customer. Highly recommend them.

The soundbar or home theater in a box are simply using upfiring mechanism to mimic an Atmos effect. Surround sound from a soundbar with tweeters packed within 2 to 4 feet is like a mickey mouse compared to well installed home theater that has a proper sound stage with measurements between your Left, centre, right, surrounds and ceilings. Offlate AVRs or the surround amplifier rates have gone up and so these mushrooms such as soundbars and home theater in a box that are "better than TV speakers volume" are thriving as people are not aware that in frugal budget, these solutions cannot ape the real AVR plus speakers sound stage. Take for example the ATMOS you wanted, imagine you pay 70k for an upfiring sound from a small soundbar, your fan can subdue it, your TV may have slower response time thereby distorting or superimposing audio thats even worse than you intended. Seperate or true surround channel audio is not achieved. Your Sony X90k is a 120 hertz panel which can show you magic if you feed it a decent home theater powered by a good AVR amplifier (bought from preowned market to cut down cost. )

Scheduled a visit with Harwin and audition on Saturday. He said i could get a decent Atmos setup within 2lakhs
Ok good. Audition as much as possible and also consider that his demo room is acoustically treated while your place may be not. Also consider the size and mounting / placement options.

All the best....dont Confirm any deal with anyone till you are convinced and that system appeals to your needs

If you really don't want the hassle of wires then only you should opt for soundbars. They will not match the SQ of dedicated speaker setup. You should audition both for comparison and decide.
For music however I advice to invest in proper speakers for a 2.0 or 2.1 set-up a soundbar will not satisfy for music listening.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back