65 inch TV for use in Hall

waris

Hi everyone,
I posted in forum looking for a 55 inch TV. Samsung Frame TV came as value for money in big 3 brands.
Since I will be watching from 9-10ft distance I was wondering if I should look at 65 inch models. Samsung frame is selling for 1.3 Lacs on Samsung website. I think that's on how higher side for a Non FALD TV . Should I look at Sony x9000H . It's selling for 1.51 Lacs at Sony website.
Are these TVs a good use of money. U7980 and H7QF are not available anywhere in Ahmedabad.
Some of the queries that I have are-
1.Which of these two will be VFM?
2.Is there any other TV I should be looking at?
3.Should I stick to 55 inch frame?
I will be using the TV with Denon x2400H and want to have an immersive experience for those movie nights.

Hi everyone,
I posted in forum looking for a 55 inch TV. Samsung Frame TV came as value for money in big 3 brands.
Since I will be watching from 9-10ft distance I was wondering if I should look at 65 inch models. Samsung frame is selling for 1.3 Lacs on Samsung website. I think that's on how higher side for a Non FALD TV . Should I look at Sony x9000H . It's selling for 1.51 Lacs at Sony website.
Are these TVs a good use of money. U7980 and H7QF are not available anywhere in Ahmedabad.
I will be using the TV with Denon x2400H and want to have an immersive experience for those movie nights.
9000H is anyday better than the frame .

Let me explain in short & precise

I thought of a one-time investment and for future proof, I've purchased 65" Sony X9000H in JAN & watched hardly 10-15hrs.
I have 10-11ft of viewing distance.
But from day one have observed that the distance is not enough to experience this widescreen, also my kid's eyes developed red by watching it. So decided to sell it off.

I've posted ( 4-5 days ago) in the Sale section and removed it in a few hours since luckily I got the buyer in my neighbourhood.

Unless you have minimum 13-14ft of viewing distance don't opt for 65 inch TV.

( Lesson learnt: Taking demo in Showrooms is different from home :D )

I thought of a one-time investment and for future proof, I've purchased 65" Sony X9000H in JAN & watched hardly 10-15hrs.
But from day one have observed that the distance is not enough to experience this widescreen, also my kid's eyes developed red by watching it. So decided to sell it off.

I've posted ( 4-5 days ago) in the Sale section and removed it in a few hours since luckily I got the buyer in my neighbourhood.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I also have young kids at home. At showroom I couldn't actually decide between 55 and 65 inch sizes. I was considering 65inch as TV will be mounted on 15ft wall so may look small . However my kids may watch from 7ft-10ft distance as you know kids won't just sit and watch.
They sometimes stand near the TV and watch , however that could be also because of the small size of my present 32 inch TV.

9000H is anyday better than the frame .
Yes I agree x900h will be better from a purely technical perspective, but the asking price is 1.5 Lacs , even 1.3 Lacs for a 65inch Frame is high.
Therefore I ask again is 65inch worthwhile the extra money compared to 55 inch (specially frame as it's available in 77k).

Yes I agree x900h will be better from a purely technical perspective, but the asking price is 1.5 Lacs , even 1.3 Lacs for a 65inch Frame is high.
Therefore I ask again is 65inch worthwhile the extra money compared to 55 inch (specially frame as it's available in 77k).
Yes it is. 65" is better than 55 if you have the space.

Just posting 2 words and 2 pictures with no details makes no sense to anyone in my opinion.

MaSh
Just feel funny when other side of the world, people are talking 75" inch on their bedroom :D

anyway @MaSh I know why you reacted, yes it's a bit harsh, it seems now I cannot edit my post. @chandu2106 Please consider as a joke

Last edited:

You sure it wasn't the picture settings or something else that was causing the viewing discomfort for you & your family?

I sit approx 8.5-9ft away from a 55" Oled tv & now after having it for 4 years feel i need to go abit bigger in size next time around.

Could be Oled is less strain to the eyes or something else but this is what Sony recommends as viewing distance for their tvs.

For the 4k Models 65" has a recommended viewing of 4feet for 4k material.

Have a look here for size & distance recommendations-

What I've notived while gaming on the PS5 is that for the same viewing distance my eyes are fine when I'm playing a 60fps game. However I've now started playing FF7R which is a 30fps game and my eyes get tired very quickly.

I've never experienced this before, and both of them are at the same viewing distance of 8-10 feet. Watching it closer than 6feet is very weird for me.

I sit at 9-10 feet from TV and went with the 65 inch Sony X900H upgrading from a Samsung 55 inch. Needed HDMI 2.1 for XBox Series X and didn't want to spend on OLED.
I think its nicer to watch a bigger TV provided your content is atleast 1080p+ or the picture looks bad. Netflix, Amazon looks amazing on the 65X900H but somehow Hotstar and most of you tube is terrible. I don't use a set top box so can't comment on that.
So I suggest you also consider your content quality before going 65 inches.

You sure it wasn't the picture settings or something else that was causing the viewing discomfort for you & your family?

I sit approx 8.5-9ft away from a 55" Oled tv & now after having it for 4 years feel i need to go abit bigger in size next time around.

Could be Oled is less strain to the eyes or something else but this is what Sony recommends as viewing distance for their tvs.

Oled is good to the eyes. 100% shared by many as personal experience!

Yeah, it's not the picture settings. Initially, everyone has discomfort while watching after a few days/hrs got used to it. But I never felt that I'm watching the 65" unit for the purpose I've purchased. If I move 2-3 ft away then I feel watching good big n widescreen.

yeah statistics say something else..have already did groundwork.
65 inch1.2 meters / 3.94 feet

Btw, if we compromise on pic settings/quality and size of the image, then why should we spend that much..can opt for any budget small TV..

Thanks.

Hi everyone,
65 inch is better than 55 inch for 10 feet. For movie watching it will give more theater effect

I sit at 9-10 feet from TV and went with the 65 inch Sony X900H upgrading from a Samsung 55 inch. Needed HDMI 2.1 for XBox Series X and didn't want to spend on OLED.
I think its nicer to watch a bigger TV provided your content is atleast 1080p+ or the picture looks bad. Netflix, Amazon looks amazing on the 65X900H but somehow Hotstar and most of you tube is terrible. I don't use a set top box so can't comment on that.
So I suggest you also consider your content quality before going 65 inches.
My usage is similar. I will be watch Mainly OTT content.

Hi everyone,
I watch 65" OLED at 9 feet. Not at all stressful.

Hi,
Can you check the experience of you watch from say 6ft. As my kids will be watching from that distance a lot of time.
At six feet, the heat from tv brightness is felt (more like warm) in case of LG C9 65 inches. In darkness, the temperature seems to feel a bit more (more of an impression than any measurement) You would have to force the kids to step back.. given that they would be short, their necks are going to be in awkward posture as they look up. Farther the seat better for kids.10 feet looks ok in my case but my regular seating is 12-14 feet away.

Hi,
Can you check the experience of you watch from say 6ft. As my kids will be watching from that distance a lot of time.
THX recommended distance for 65" 4K UHD TV is between 7 and 10 feet approximately. 6 feet may be too close, especially for kids. If that is your common viewing distance, you may be better off with 55". That said, lot of people are comfortable with screens bigger than THX recommendations.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back